One of the prestigious institutions located in Stirling, Scotland, the University of Stirling is a reputed public institution. There are an array of diverse courses offered by the University of Stirling that enables students to choose courses and subjects as per their interests. The University of Stirling is well known for receiving five stars in the QS World University Rankings in various specializations including teaching, inclusiveness, facilities, employability, and internationalization. There are various scholarships offered by the University to help students in their higher education. In this blog, we have provided you with all the information you need about the list of scholarships awarded by the University of Stirling.
This Blog Includes:
- About the University of Stirling
- Scholarships Offered by the University of Stirling
- The Jane M Klausman Women in Business Scholarship
- Global Study Awards
- University of Stirling Top Courses and Fees
- University of Stirling Admission Requirements
About the University of Stirling
Established way back in 1967, the University of Stirling was founded through a royal charter, and Lord Lionel Robbins an acclaimed economist is the first vice-chancellor. The University offers students both bachelor’s and master’s programs at the University’s five faculties in various areas of education including accountancy, biology, business, computer science, media, politics, and creative writing. Further, the University of Stirling is home to one of the best campuses in the United Kingdom recognized by the International Student Barometer in 2016. There are currently more than 14000 students including international students from all across the world. Another main reason for the popularity of the University of Stirling is an array of distinguished graduates including Craig Benson who is a swimmer and an Olympian and many more.
Also Read: Top Universities in Scotland
Scholarships Offered by the University of Stirling
If you are one of the students who find it hard to pursue studies at the University of Stirling because you require financial support then this section is for you. There are a plethora of scholarships awarded to the students by the University of Stirling to support them in their higher education.
|Name of the Scholarship||Eligible Courses||Awarded Amount|
|Narotam Sekhsaria’s Scholarships||Business, Engineering, Computer Science, Medicine, Humanities, Law||Not available|
|Hani Zeini Scholarship||Business, Engineering, Computer Science, Humanities||INR 74,390|
|Global Study Awards||Business, Engineering, Computer Science, Medicine, Humanities, Law||INR10,14,000|
|Ritchie-Jennings Memorial Scholarship||Business, Law||INR 7,37,600|
|Education for Sustainable Energy Development (ESED)||Business, Engineering, Humanities, Law||INR 7,37,600|
|Jane M Klausman Women in Business Scholarship||Business||INR 5,90,080|
|CCSE Undergraduate Scholarship||Computers||INR 3,68,800|
|Lady Meherbai D.Tata Education Trust Scholarship||Science, Humanities||Not available|
The Jane M Klausman Women in Business Scholarship
One of the prestigious scholarship programs run by the University of Stirling, The Jane M Klausman Women in Business Scholarship operates at the Zonta club, region, and international levels. The scholarship is available for 235+ countries including the USA, Canada, UK, and Australia. The maximum scholarship amount of USD 8000 or INR 5,90,080 is awarded to each selected student.
- Women of any age are eligible to apply to pursue a business and business-related program.
- Applicants are required to enrol in at least the second year of an undergraduate program.
- At the time of disbursement of funds for scholarship, applicants are required to be in school and must not graduate before December.
Applicants are required to submit applications through a Zonta Club however, this scholarship needs a separate external application form. The deadline for application for 2021 scholarships has passed.
Also Read: Scholarships for Scotland
Global Study Awards
Global Study is one of the main scholarships offered by the University of Stirling. It is recommended for the students who complete their IELTS results. This award is granted by the British Council. An amount of Pound 10,000 or INR 10,14,000 is awarded to use the amount for tuition fees and living expenses.
- There are no such special restrictions
- Candidates are required to pass an interview to pursue this scholarship after getting shortlisted.
- The age is required to be 18 or over to apply for this scholarship with a valid international student identity card.
- An enrollment or plan for enrollment in the undergraduate or postgraduate program
- This scholarship is available to prospective students from all countries worldwide.
This scholarship also needs a separate external application and the applications for this scholarship are closed now.
Narotam Sekhsaria Scholarships
These merit-based scholarships at the University of Stirling were initiated by Mr Narotam Sekhsaria. These scholarships are mainly for students who have academic excellence and wish to pursue a postgraduate degree at prestigious institutions. These scholarships help students with their tuition fees.
- This scholarship is mainly for Indian students who are below 30 years of age as of January 31st, 2022.
- If you want to apply for this scholarship then you are required to have an undergraduate degree from a recognized institution.
- Only after securing admission to the institution, do you become eligible for this scholarship.
You are required to pay an application fee of INR 500 followed by filling in the online application form. The application started on January 05, 2022, and the deadline for the application is March 16, 2022.
University of Stirling Top Courses and Fees
Some of the popular programs offered by the University of Stirling are:
|Name of the Program||Average Fees in INR|
|MIM||16.17 L – 21.64 L|
|BBA||12.62 L – 16.12 L|
|B.E. / B.Tech||14.3 L – 15.03 L|
University of Stirling Admission Requirements
The following requirements for admission must be met in order to secure a scholarship offered by the University of Stirling.
- Official transcripts
- Personal Statement
- Test results for studying in the United Kingdom (Optional)
- Any additional course-related requirements
- Applicants from India must satisfy the following conditions to be considered for admission:
- For direct admittance to undergraduate programs, 65 per cent in Grade 12 is required.
- Admission to graduate programs requires a minimum of 50% from a Tier 1 college or university and a minimum of 55% from a Tier 2 college or university.
- Along with the appropriate documentation, international students must additionally present proof of English language competency. Applicants who scored 70% or above in English in Grade 12 will not be required to submit English language proficiency exam results. Admission to graduate programs requires an IELTS score of 6.0.
We hope that our blog has provided you with all of the information you require about the University of Stirling Scholarships. Do you need help deciding which study abroad program is the best fit for you? For total assistance in getting admission to your selected college, contact our Leverage Edu consultants. Call us right now at 1800572000 to make an appointment!