Latvia is part of the border control-free Schengen Area. This means that its visa requirements are similar to those of other Schengen countries like France and Germany. One of the biggest perks of a Schengen visa is that it allows you to travel across Europe. Applicants can travel to Latvia for a number of short-term visas for business visits, cultural visits, tourism visits, or long-term visas required in the case of studying and working. Here’s everything you need to know about the Latvia study visa!
This Blog Includes:
Study in Latvia: Student Visas
To study in Latvia, you require a Latvia Long Term D Visa (valid for 90 days). The Immigration Law of Latvia states that students from third world countries can apply for Long Stay Visa at the diplomatic and consular representatives at the Embassy of Latvia. Upon entering Latvia, students are required to apply for a residence permit at the OCMA. The Latvia student visa is valid for the entire duration of your studies.
Study in Latvia without IELTS
You can study in Latvia without an IELTS score and apply for the Latvia study visa for Indians under the following conditions:
- You are a native speaker of an English speaking country;
- Your previous degree of education is from an English Medium University/College;
- The students are required to provide an official Declaration or Certificate as evidence that their previous education was in English;
- Applicants who do not have an internationally recognised test score will be requested to opt for English courses in the Latvia university itself.
Some universities conduct online tests and interviews via Skype for their selected applicants. These interviews and tests are conducted to evaluate students’ English language abilities and cover all aspects such as speaking, reading, and general comprehension of the language.
You can also provide any other official language certification and give other English proficiency tests such as:
- TOEFL(Test of English as a Foreign Language)
- FCE (First Certificate in English)
- CAE (Cambridge Certificate of Advanced English)
- CPE (Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English)
- Cambridge English: Business Vantage (BEC Vantage)
- Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE)
- Cambridge English Linguaskill
Some universities that allow admission without submitting IELTS scores are:
- Daugavpils University
- University of Latvia
- Riga Technical University
- Riga Stradins University
- University of Liepaja
- Ventspils University College
Latvia Study Visa Requirements for Indian Students
- A filled Long Stay Visa Application Form of the Republic of Latvia.
- One passport size photo (size 35mm x 45 mm), taken during visa submission
- A Valid Passport
- Copies of the identification and information pages of previously issued visas (if any)
- OCMA approved invitation.
- Study Agreement
- Written certification issued by the higher education institution or college
- Proof of sufficient financial means
- Proof of Accommodation
- Proof of Sponsorship
- Proof of the Previous Education
- Ticket Reservation
- Travel Medical Insurance of minimum coverage of 42,600 EUR.
- Visa fee of 60 EUR ( (Masters and PhD students exempted)
- Hello Verify confirmation slip
Latvia Student Visa Processing Time
According to the Immigration Law of Latvia, the visa processing time is 15 days after the submission of all the supporting documents for Indian nationals. Due to COVID-19, there are expected delays in issuing of visas and applicants may be considered on the basis of type of visa and travel purpose. The documents are considered to be submitted when received at the Embassy from the VFS Global. If additional information or inspection is necessary, the decision takes place within 60 days.
How to Apply for Study Visa for Latvia?
- Applicant can schedule their appointment after uploading the requested documents at the Hello Verify webpage. They will receive confirmation once all documents are successfully uploaded. Applicants who are unable to book an appointment online need to contact the VFS Global India Call Center (+91-22-67866025) to schedule an appointment
- Applicants have to submit the visa application at the assigned VFS Global Latvia visa application centre in India.
- All student applicants need to appear for the interview at the VFS Global Latvia Visa application centre with the Embassy of Latvia in India. The date and time slot of the interview will be allocated by the VFS Global Latvia Visa application centres when submitting the visa application. This interview can be either through video call or in person.
Latvia Study Visa Cost and Fees 2021
|Video Conferencing Fee||₹3,028|
Want to know more about the Latvia study visa? Drop us a comment and we will answer all your queries!