Law faculty Admission Test (LFAT) is conducted by Allahabad University for aspiring students who want to pursue their careers in BA LLB. LFAT is a national law entrance examination where students can seek admissions to various institutes affiliated with Allahabad University. This is a university-level exam that will be conducted in pen and paper or offline mode testing their analytical and writing skills which is going to be held in the last week of May 2021.
Also Read: How to Kickstart A Career in Law
This Blog Includes:
Key Highlights of LFAT
Below mentioned is the overview of LFAT which a law aspiring student should consider:
|Examination||Law faculty admission test (LFAT)|
|Conducting Body||Allahabad University|
|Exam Frequency||Once a year|
|Mode of Exam||Offline or Pen-paper mode|
|Duration of Exam||2 hours|
|Type of Exam||National Level|
|Course offered||BA LLB (Hons.)|
|Official Website||Allahabad university|
LFAT Eligibility Criteria
The candidate seeking to apply to the LFAT application form must be familiar with the criteria to be eligible to sit in examination as directed by the University itself. The criteria includes age limit, academic background and minimum marks required:
- Age limit – There is no age bar as such but a student applying for the exam in 2021 needs to be not more than 20 years of age for general candidates & maximum of 22 years of age for SC & ST candidates.
- Academic Background – A candidate must have passed 10+2 or any equivalent exam from a recognized institute.
- Minimum Marks required – The category-wise minimum marks: General – 45%, OBC – 42%, SC & ST – 40%.
LFAT Registration Process
The commencement of the application form will start from the second week of April’21 in the online mode. Putting up false information may lead to rejection, so it is important to enter genuine information. Following are the steps:
- Visit the official website Allahabad university.
- From the home page, select LFAT & proceed for application.
- Register your details like name, email address, phone number.
- Fill up the application form with personal, academic, and contact details.
- Upload documents like photographs & signatures in the prescribed format.
- Payment of application fee: General/OBC – INR 1600, SC, ST & other minority communities – INR 800.
- Submit the form by double-checking all the details.
LFAT Exam Pattern
The complete details of the LFAT exam pattern are given below:
|Mode of Exam||Offline or OMR-based|
|Duration of Exam||2 hours|
|Type of Questions||MCQ’s|
|Number of Sections||3 sections:
General Awareness & Current Affairs
Reasoning, mental ability & legal aptitude
|Total no. of questions||150|
|Marking Scheme||+2 marks for each answer No negative marking|
Related Read: BA LLB Subjects
LFAT Exam Syllabus
Candidates appearing in the offline exam of LFAT must refer to the following syllabus to get into insights that are covered in the exam. The sections would be covered in both english and hindi languages:
|Language Comprehension||Reading Part, error spotting, sentence correction, usage of words, antonym & synonym, passage-based question, etc.|
|General Awareness & Reasoning||Current affairs, Indian history, united nations, sports, awards & achievements, environmental news. Reason include number series, alphabet series, blood relations, directions, linear arrangements, etc.|
|Legal Aptitude||Torts, the law of crimes, Indian institutions, contracts laws, international laws, strict liability, etc.|
Check out: Best Podcasts for Law Students
Exam Results & Cut-off
LFAT Results would be released on the official website of Allahabad University, below are the steps to check the result:
- Visit the official website & direct to the result page.
- Log in with your credentials & view your scorecard.
- You can download and take a printout of your result for future references.
- General candidates – 30% Marks (182.4)
- OBC candidates – 27% Marks (172.4)
- SC – 152 marks
- ST – 116 marks
Explore: Best Law Colleges in 2021
This was all about LFAT! We hope this informative blog helps you in pursuing your law career. For more expert advice & guidance regarding career options, please follow Leverage Edu India’s no. 1 leading educational platform that provides services at its best. Drop your comments below.