History is a vast domain to cover especially for those who are preparing for competitive exams. Bifurcated into three parts namely, Ancient, Medieval, and Modern Indian History, the syllabus of this subject is very diverse and comprehensive. Thus making it one of the most difficult subjects to cover for an exam. So are you ready to test your knowledge through some history GK questions? Pull up your socks and let’s get started!
1. During the Indus Valley Civilization which The Great Bath Structure was found in which city?
2. Name the founder of the Magadh Empire?
3. Who amongst the following prince is responsible for the death of his father?
4. By whom the Jama Masjid was built?
5. In the Anglo-French rivalry in India, which of the following wars were decisive?
A) Battle of Assaye
B) Wandiwash Battle
C) Battle of Seringapatnam
Apart from a quiz on History GK , why not test your basic general knowledge through this GK quiz?
6. ‘At the stroke of midnight, when the world sleeps, India awakes to life and freedom’ is a very popular line spoken by whom?
7. When the East India Company set its foot in India, who was ruling England?
8. Which Indian city was earlier known as Avantika?
9. In which year, Portuguese captured Goa?
10. The practice of Sati was abolished and declared illegal by whom?
11. Who amongst the following was the first person to translate Bhagavad Gita to English?
A) Charles Wilkins
B) John Marshall
C) William Jones
D) Alexander Cunningham
12. Kublai Khan established the city called ‘Daydo’. Where is it situated?
13. Flint tools were used in which age?
14. Arrange the following treaties as per the chronological order
A) Treaty of Singapore
B) Treaty of Salbai
C) Treaty of Amritsar
D) Treaty of Balsain
15. Where did the Rigvedic Aryans live in India?
While this History GK will test your knowledge of one subject, Trick Questions will help you assess your logical and reasoning ability!
16. During the ‘Satyagrah’ Mahatama Gandhi was arrested in the year?
17. Which was the first battle between Mohammad Gauri and Prithviraj Chauhan?
18. The construction of Qutub Minar was started by Outub-ud-in-Aibak in1192. Who completed it?
19. In Gujarat, which city of Indus Valley Civilization is found?
20. When Babur attacked Delhi, who was the ruler of Delhi?
21. Name of one the mosques built by Shahajan in Delhi.
22. What was the 1919 Indian Government called?
23. What was the reason for the launch of Swadeshi Movement?
24. Who was given the name ‘Desert Fox’?
25. Who gave the title of ‘Sardar’ to Vallabbhai Patel?
26. The Mohammad Anglo-Oriental College was later on known as?
27. The Gandhi-Irvine pact was known as?
28. Which of the following monuments was not built by Shah Jahan?
A) Jama Masjid
B) Fatehpur Sikhri
C) Taj Mahal
D) Red Fort
29. Who amongst the following was not a member of the ‘Navratana’ of Akbar?
A) Raja Maan Singh
B) Raja Bharmaal
30. Who is given the credit behind carrying Jainism in South India?
Taking regular History GK quizzes are as important as taking a Maths Quiz!
31. Who was the mother of Vardhamana Mahavira?
32. Who attended the meeting of ‘Parliament of World’s Religion’ in the year 1893?
33. Which Dynasty was ruling India when Alexander invaded India?
34. In 1882, our national song Vande Mataram was first published in which newspaper?
35. Annie Besant was the first woman _ of Congress?
36. After defeating whom, Chandragupta Maurya established his Mauryan Dynasty?
37. Name the founder of the Vijayanagar Empire.
38. Name the founder of the Slave Dynasty in Delhi.
39. Postage stamps in India were introduced by which British Governor-General?
40. What was the original name of Swami Vivekananda?
41. During the Non-Cooperation Movement, who supported the cultivators of Bihar?
42. Who was the first Governor of India?
43. Which Indian freedom fighter was also regarded as ‘Lokmanya’?
44. Civil Disobedience movement was started in the year?
45. Name the metal not known to the people of Indian Valley Civilization.
HISTORY GK QUIZ ANSWERS
- Mahapadma Nanda
- Shah Jahan
- Battle of Wandiwash
- Jawaharlal Nehru
- 1510 AD
- Lord William Bentinck
- Charles Wilkins
- Upper Paleolithic Age
- B, A, D, C
- Sapta Sindhu Area
- Battle of Tarain
- Ibrahim Lodi
- Montague-Chelmsford Reforms
- Partition of Bengal
- General Rommel
- MK Gandhi
- Aligarh Muslim University
- Fatehpur Sikri
- Raja Bharmal
- Maurya Princess
- Swami Vivekananda
- Nanda Dynasty
- Nanda Dynasty
- Harihara I
- Lord Dalhousie
- Narendra Nath Dutta
- Swami Vivekanand
- Lord Clive
- Bal Gangadhar Tilak
Hence, practising History GK quizzes can help you score well in any entrance exam! For all your study abroad admission queries in the light of COVID pandemic, reach out to our Leverage Edu experts through an E-meeting who will not only help you identify universities accepting applications but will also assist in completing the admission related formalities!