Cisco certified network associate (CCNA) is Cisco systems certification in the field of information technology. This certification helps you to prepare for important roles such as network engineer, network specialist, network administrator, etc. Cisco approaches its students with a penalty of different training methods, such as offering remote and classroom modes for all available courses. The validity of this CCNA certification is approximately 3 years. The advantage of the CCNA exam is that it doesn’t have prerequisites. If you want to continue for the CCNA renewal you have to get yourself registered and even pass either the same or higher level exam for CCNA recertification after every 3 years.
This Blog Includes:
Why Choose CCNA?
Owing to IT changing trends, the CCNA exam has changed several times. To start with the wonderful, technological journey you have to take the initial point of networking known as CCT or Cisco certified technician. This exam is to test the operational knowledge and skills of the candidate required to install or update or to troubleshoot a small to huge size enterprise network branch. CCNA provides its aspirants with an extravagance of opportunities as Cisco is a well-known company famous worldwide in the IT networking industry. It is very important to know more about the whole course as CCNA explains the structure and fundamentals of networking concepts very clearly and also it acts as a virtual gateway to the same.
Routing and switching
Security Service provider
Video Voice /collaboration
|Other Skills||Communication skills
Organizational Customer service
If you want to pursue a career in the field of networking, CCNA acts as a cherry on the top of the cake. the eligibility criteria for the same is as follows
- You must have cleared the 10+2 examination with a minimum aggregate of 55%.
- You must be at least 13 years of age.
- Students from any stream and with any subject combination are eligible for the exam.
- There is no national level entrance exam conducted for CCNA courses.
- No worries if you are below 18, all you need to do is to have a parent consent form.
- All you need to do before taking the CCNA exam is to become well versed with the basics of IP network fundamentals and addressing.
- You need to hold a bachelor’s degree in computer science, information science, or engineering.
- CCNA doesn’t have any prerequisites, in fact, it is a decent initial point to further CCNA accreditation.
- ICND1 course and exam is also another requirement for CCNA accreditations.
- The duration of the exam is 90 minutes.
- The available languages are English, Japanese, Spanish, French, Portuguese and Russian.
- The format for the exam is drag and drop, simulations, multiple-choice single answers, and multiple-choice questions and fill in the blanks.
Top Institutes for CCNA
Students planning to earn a degree can check the following institutions and the respective courses offered.
|Name Of The Institute||CCNA Courses|
|Network bulls institute||CCNA, CCNP,CCIE, Cyber Security|
|Networkers home||CCNA, Cyber Security, Ethical Hacking, AWS, MCSE|
|i-medita||CCNA, CCNP, CCIE, PALO ALTO|
|Key groups IT solutions||CCNP, CCNA, CCIE, AWS|
|NITS global||CCNA, CCNP, CCIE, Cyber Security|
|Zoom technology||CCNA, Cyber Security, Ethical Hacking, AWS, MCSE|
|HB services||CCNA, CCNP, Cloud Computing, RHCSA|
|NETTECH India||CCNP, CCNA, CCIE, MCSA|
|CETPA INFOTECH||CCNA, CCNP, CCIE Security, Blockchain|
|Systems and networks technologies||CCNA, RHCA, AWS, MCSA|
Cost For CCNA
The average estimation of fees for the CCNA course is about INR 25,000-INR 30,000. The cost for CCNA certification is given in the following table:
|Institute Name||CCNA Fees|
|I- Media solutions||30000|
|Net experts in India||8000|
The syllabus for the CCNA exam is in the following table:
|Network fundamentals||Explain the role and function of network components.
Describe characteristics of network topology architectures.
Compare physical interface and cabling types.
Identify interface and cable issues (collisions, errors, mismatch duplex, and/or speed.
Compare TCP to UDPConfigure and verify IPv4 addressing and subnetting.
Describe the need for private IPv4 addressing.
Configure and verify IPv6 addressing and prefix.
Compare IPv6 address types.
|Network access||Configure and verify VLANs (normal range) spanning multiple switches.
Configure and verify inter-switch connectivity.
Configure and verify Layer 2 discovery protocols (Cisco Discovery Protocol and LLDP).
Configure and verify (Layer 2/Layer 3) EtherChannel (LACP).
Describe the need for and basic operations of Rapid PVST+ Spanning Tree Protocol and identify basic operations.
Compare Cisco Wireless Architectures and AP modes.
Configure the components of a wireless LAN access for client connectivity using GUI only such as WLAN creation, security settings, QoS profiles, and advanced WLAN settings.
|IP connectivity||Interpret the components of the routing table.
Determine how a router makes a forwarding decision by default.
Configure and verify IPv4 and IPv6 static routing.
Configure and verify single-area OSPFv2.
Describe the purpose of the first-hop redundancy protocol.
|IP services||Configure and verify inside source NAT using static and pools Configure and verify NTP operating in a client and server mode.
Explain the role of DHCP and DNS within the network.
Explain the function of SNMP in network operations Describe the use of Syslog features including facilities and levels.
Configure and verify DHCP client and relay.
Explain the forwarding per-hop behaviour (PHB) for QoS such as classification, marking, queuing, congestion, policing, shaping.
Configure network devices for remote access using SSH.
|Security fundamentals||Configure device access control using local passwords.
Describe security password policies elements, such as management, complexity, and password alternatives (multi-factor authentication, certificates, and biometrics).
|Automation and Programmability||Explain how automation impacts network management.
Compare traditional networks with controller-based networking.
Describe controller-based and software-defined architectures (overlay, underlay, and fabric).
Also Read: Biotechnology Jobs
CCNA Interview Questions
To help you with the interview listed below are the top 20 questions asked in the CCNA interview.
- What is BootP?
- What is a MAC address?
- What is subnetting?
- What is the stub area?
- What is Ping and what is it used for?
- What does AAA mean?
- What is NTP? What is its purpose?
- What are the major states in switch?
- What’s the difference between a static IP and a dynamic IP?
- What are the three different sources of signal degradation on a data link?
- What is the range of Class A?
- What is Bandwidth?
- What are segments?
- What are the five types of passwords used in securing a CISCO router?
- What are the ranges for the private IP?
- What is routing?
- What is the advantage of using switches?
- What are the two types of IP addresses?
- What do OSI layers mean?
- What is the purpose for the Data Link layer?
- What is CDP?
- What is a distance vector?
- What are the two types of ports of switches?
- What is a frame relay?
- What advantage does VLAN provide?
- What is LMI?
- What is latency?
The top 7 job profiles pursued after completion of the CCNA course are as follows:
- Technical support engineers
- System Engineers
- System Engineers freshers
- Network Security Specialist
- Senior Network Engineer
- Information technology manager
- Network administrator
The salary for the jobs available after the course of CCNA is approximately 20,000 per month in India. Top earners annual salary is about $125,000/ INR 9,310,000 whereas the hourly wage is $60/INR 4,468.8. The estimated 75 percentile take an annual salary of $100 500/INR 7,485,240 with an hourly wage of $48/INR 3,575.
CCNA is an initial stage in the journey of networking. If you want to pursue information technology as a career it is highly recommended to learn the fundamentals of networking through CCNA. Hope this blog helps you with the required information on CCNA.