Are you someone who is interested in knowing more about how different physical forces around us are responsible for the existence of the universe? Well, then B.Sc Physics is the correct choice of subject for you. The number of applicants for this course increases every year. Often candidates who wish to pursue B.Sc Physics are not well aware of the course syllabus and what to do in the field of BSc Physics and courses after that. In this blog, we shall discuss the Best Colleges For BSc Physics in India. Read on to know more.
|Duration of Study||3 years|
|Entrance Exams||DUET, GSAT|
|Admission Process||Merit/Entrance based|
This Blog Includes:
- Eligibility Criteria for Best Colleges For BSc Physics in India
- Admission Process for Best Colleges For BSc Physics in India
- Best Colleges For BSc Physics in India
- BSc Physics – Scope
Eligibility Criteria for Best Colleges For BSc Physics in India
For students who wish to pursue B.Sc in Physics, they must meet the eligibility criteria required for the course. We have listed the eligibility criteria for admission to the Best B.Sc Physics Colleges in India.
- Students applying for B.Sc Physics must have completed their 12th from a recognized board.
- Students applying for B.Sc Physics must have had PCM/PCB subject combination in their +2 level.
- For colleges with their own entrance exams, students must qualify the entrance exam to be eligible for admission.
Also Read: Branches in MSc Physics
Admission Process for Best Colleges For BSc Physics in India
While the admission process for BSc Colleges in India is different, there are some general admission process rules that most colleges in India follow:
- For applying to these colleges, students must keep checking the official portals regularly to make sure they don’t miss out on any updates.
- Students must also keep a list of documents ready for the purpose of admission.
- Students must apply before the deadline released by each university and also upload all the documents asked for carefully.
- They must act in accordance with the regulations of each University, failing which their admission will be rejected.
Best Colleges For BSc Physics in India
Let’s have a look at the Best B.Sc Physics Colleges in India.
|NIR’ 2020 RANKING||COLLEGE||LOCATION|
|90||St. Xavier’s College||Mumbai|
|59||St. Xavier’s College||Ahmedabad|
|N.A||Mount Carmel College||Bangalore|
|N.A.||Ramakrishna Mission Vivekananda College||Chennai|
|46||Ethiraj College for Women||Chennai|
Jadavpur University, established in 1955, is a public research university located in Kolkata, West Bengal. Jadavpur University offers a full time 3 years course in B.Sc Physics. The basic eligibility criteria is the same as mentioned above.
- Candidates will be chosen on the basis of marks in 12th.
- Selected candidates will be called for an interview.
Fees Structure- INR 2400/ year
Seats Available- 50
Christ University located in Bangalore is a deemed private university that was established in 1969. It is accredited by NAAC and UGC. Christ offers a 3 years course in B.Sc Physics which is very well recognised. The eligibility criteria for Christ is also the same.
Fees Structure- INR 40,000 per annum
St. Xavier’s College
St. Xavier’s College, Mumbai was established in 1869 and is accredited by NAAC and UGC. It is affiliated with the University of Mumbai and offers a plethora of courses across various disciplines at the undergrad and postgrad level. B.Sc Physics is one of the most recognised courses of St. Xavier’s Mumbai.
The mode of admission is through an online test conducted by St.Xavier’s College, Mumbai.
Seats Available – 60
Fergusson College located in Pune was established in 1885 and offers a range of courses at the undergrad and post-grad level. The application process for this college is entirely online and students are selected on the basis of their academic performances. The eligibility criteria for B.Sc physics is the same as mentioned above. The college follows the CBCS system of evaluation i.e. Choice Based Credit System.
Fees for the 1st Year is INR 11,200.
Mount Carmel College
Mount Carmel College, established in 1948 and located in Bangalore is a women’s college that is affiliated to Bangalore University. It has been re-accredited by NAAC with an A+ Grade. It was ranked as one of the top three colleges in Karnataka by India Today.
- Mount Carmel College offers a 3 years course in B.Sc Physics and the eligibility criteria is the same as mentioned above.
- The total fees for three years are nearly INR 1.27 Lakhs and the first year fees are INR 42,000.
St. Xavier’s College, Ahmedabad
St. Xavier’s College, Ahmedabad was established in 1955 and is the only grant in aid of higher education located in Ahmedabad. It is affiliated with Gujarat University and offers 22 courses across various disciplines at the undergrad and postgrad level. B.Sc Physics is one of the most sought after courses of St. Xavier’s College, Ahmedabad. The mode of admission is online by applying on its official website: https://sxca.edu.in/
Other Colleges in India
- Cheapest Medical Colleges in India
- Architecture Colleges in India
- Top Medical Colleges in India
- Astrophysics Colleges in India
- Best Commerce Colleges in India
- Best Dental Colleges In India
- Best Computer Science Colleges In India
- Top Forensic Sciences Colleges in India
- Best Fashion Designing Colleges in India
BSc Physics – Scope
While students might feel that the scope after BSc Physics is not defined, it is not true as the opportunities after pursuing B.Sc Physics are endless. Students can apply for jobs from multiple industries according to what suits their interests and also go for higher studies in a related discipline if that interests them. Listed below are some of the most popular jobs taken up by B.Sc Physics candidates :
Popular job prospects include –
- Quality Control Manager
- IT Consultant
So, this was all about the Best Colleges For BSc Physics in India. Wish to apply abroad? Reach out to our Leverage Edu experts for help!