One of Sweden’s largest universities, UMEA University has about 34,000 students and 4,000 faculty and staff members. They stand out for their groundbreaking scientific research and wide range of highly regarded educational programmes when compared internationally. The CRISPR-Cas9 genetic scissors, a breakthrough in genetic engineering that won the Nobel Prize in Chemistry, were also discovered at UMEA University. In this blog, we will discuss about studying Artificial intelligence at UMEA university.
This Blog Includes:
About Artificial Intelligence
- The study of artificial intelligence (AI) focuses on how to replicate intelligent human actions on computers. Making a machine that can learn, plan, and solve issues on its own is AI’s ultimate goal. We still are unable to create a machine that is completely as intelligent as a human being, even though AI has been studied for more than fifty years.
- Problem-solving, thinking, planning, comprehending natural language, computer vision, automatic programming, machine learning, and other areas are the primary research areas in AI. These subjects are undoubtedly connected in some way. For instance, knowledge gained via learning can be applied to both reasoning and problem-solving.
- Studying is the best way to develop the ability to solve problems. Additionally, problem-solving techniques are beneficial for both planning and reasoning. Additionally, techniques created in the field of pattern recognition can be used to solve problems in both computer vision and natural language understanding.
- This course examines the most fundamental concepts necessary to comprehend AI. It covers some fundamental search techniques for reasoning, knowledge representation, pattern recognition, fuzzy logic, neural networks, and problem-solving.
Artificial Intelligence at UMEA University
- Since the 1970s, UMEA University in northern Sweden has served as the foundation for the development of AI. Nearly 100 researchers and academics at UMEA University are utilizing AI technology to improve application, effectiveness, and dependability in a variety of sectors.
- Through powerful pattern recognition resulting from big data, machine learning, and cross-disciplinary collaboration, AI is advancing biological research in the field of life sciences. It is already expected to alter biology in a similar way to how statistics did in the 20th century. The City of Birches, where UMEA University is located, is the ideal setting for biological innovation. Through the application of sustainable breeding techniques, the UMEA Plant Science Center (UPSC), one of Europe‘s most cutting-edge plant biology research facilities, is revolutionizing how we think about and use trees.
- The importance of data in life sciences cannot be overstated, which is why Sweden has prioritized ‘Data-Driven Life Science (DDLS)’ as a national initiative to support quantitative methods in the discipline. Similar to genetic mapping, molecular data analysis involves an enormous quantity of data, which is why DDLS has adopted a long-term strategy to outline its goals for the upcoming years. This entails preparing the following generation of knowledgeable AI researchers in all fields of scientific inquiry. UMEA University participates in the DDLS programme as it houses the Molecular Infection Medicine Sweden laboratory (MIMS).
Artificial Intelligence Courses at UMEA University
UMEA University offers a variety of AI and machine learning courses at the undergraduate and postgraduate levels as part of various educational programmes. They also provide skill development courses for professionals in industry and government.
Undergraduate AI Courses
|Artificial Intelligence in Cognitive Science||7.5|
|Deep Learning – metoder och tillämpningar||7.5|
|Fundamentals of Artificial Intelligence||7.5|
Post Graduate AI courses
|Artificial Intelligence – Methods and Applications||7.5|
|Convolutional Neural Networks with Applications in Medical Image Analysis||7.5|
|Design of interactive intelligent environments||7.5|
|Interactivity in smart environments||7.5|
|Master’s Programme in Artificial Intelligence||120|
|Project course in Machine Vision||7.5|
|Theoretical Perspectives in Cognitive Science||7.5|
|Trends in interactive intelligent environments||7.5|
Courses for Professionals
|Course Name||Course Information||Duration|
|AI for Industry||Introductory course||4 days|
|AI for Industry – reasoning and decision-making||This course is open to people who know about engineering and system development.||3 days|
|AI for Industry||Introduction to machine learning for professionals in the industry||4 days|
|Ethical, social and economic aspects of AI||Impact of AI on human behaviour||2 days|
Following is the eligibility to study AI courses at UMEA University:
- UG program
You are eligible for UG studies at UMEA University if you have completed an upper secondary school/high school education that qualifies you for higher studies in your home country and meets the language requirements in English and/or Swedish.
- PG program
You must also possess an undergraduate degree equating to a Swedish Bachelor’s degree to be eligible to enrol in a Master’s programme (Kandidatexamen).
This entails at least three (3) years of university or college studies (180 ECTS) from an accredited university or college, with at least two terms (60 ECTS) of full-time studies in one discipline, subject, or major.
International students must submit additional documents to nursing schools in the United States. These documents may improve your admissions application and add value to it:
- Official Academic Records
- Updated CV or Resume
- English Language Test Scorecard
- Letter of Recommendation
- Statement of Purpose
- Two Reference Letters (LOR)
- Proof of Financial Resources
- Copy of Your Passport
The admission requirements for undergraduate and graduate courses at UMEA University differ. To apply, please follow the steps outlined below:
- Fill out the online application form by registering at the National Online Admission portal.
- Upload official secondary/high school/college academic records through the relevant institution.
- Allow authorised agencies to evaluate the transcripts.
- Please submit your English proficiency scores.
- Submit any additional documentation required.
- Pay the non-refundable application fee, which is SEK 900 (INR 6,764)
Also Read: BSc Artificial Intelligence: Pursue Your Goals in the Booming Field of AI
Cost of Studying
The tuition fee for the course is 6,542 EUR/year (INR 5.20 Lakhs). The average expenses of living in Sweden range from 647-1,069 EUR/month (INR 51.5K – 85.1K). The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Your future areas of employment will primarily depend on your interests now that you have a solid foundation in artificial intelligence from the curriculum. Work responsibilities can include creating future software for self-driving cars and other transportation systems, as well as tools for tackling societal challenges like democracy, justice, and safety. They can also include improving the environment, health, and education of children. You may create various forms of business intelligence and decision assistance, as well as AI architectures, data management plans, and responsible AI. Following is the List of possible job titles:
- AI Architect
- AI Product Manager
- AI Technology Software Engineer
- Data Scientist
- AI Interaction Designer
- AI Ethicist
- Doctoral Student
- Research Engineer
The digital tools incorporate artificial intelligence to make use of the massive amounts of data that are gathered, provide extra value that is customized to people and situations, and create digital infrastructures for society. Their digital civilization is quickly changing in ways that have an impact on how people work, educate themselves, find entertainment, interact with others, and participate in society.
As a result, society is dealing with a fast-rising demand for artificial intelligence expertise that is required to advance growth in ways that are advantageous to society. Shortly, there will be an even greater demand for artificial intelligence skills from business and government organizations.
Leverage Edu Reviews Career in Artificial Intelligence
In Sweden, the average salary for an Artificial Intelligence Engineer is SEK 729,994 (INR 54.8 lakhs) per year and SEK 351 (INR 2,638) per hour. An Artificial Intelligence Engineer’s average salary ranges between SEK 502,966 (INR 37 lakhs) and SEK 891,322 (INR 66 lakhs). A Bachelor’s Degree is the most common level of education for an Artificial Intelligence Engineer.
To create the autonomous systems of the future to manage resources and applications in distributed computing clouds, the interdisciplinary research is carried out in partnership with businesses like Ericsson, Intel, IBM, Google, Red Hat, and Tieto Evry, as well as academic partners at the University of Massachusetts Amherst, Leeds University, Princeton University, Carnegie Mellon University, Lund University, KTH, Chalmers, and Uppsala University.
You can earn a bachelor’s degree by enrolling in either an 8-semester course in engineering or technology with a focus on artificial intelligence or a 6-semester course like computer science.
Students who complete the three-year Bachelor of Computer Application in Artificial Intelligence programme will be prepared to create AI software. Students from diverse backgrounds, including those in the business field, can study ai technology after the 12th grade.
Math is crucial to AI research. Model analysis, the creation of novel algorithms, and academic writing are all necessary. But you don’t write academic papers. You are becoming dangerously knowledgeable.
Even if you’re not a coder, learning AI is not an easy undertaking, but it’s essential to learn at least part of it. Anyone can complete it. Basic comprehension of comprehensive master’s degrees in it is covered in the courses. All concur that it cannot be avoided.
Hope this article helped you in understanding studying Artificial Intelligence at UMEA University. To ensure you get selected for UMEA University and secure your admission to the course, it’s highly imperative to have your application stand out. Call Leverage Edu today and take the first step towards successfully studying abroad.