Each of us works as a screw in the social machine, tediously navigating through the various parts of life while deluding ourselves into believing that we are liberated because we have attained Independence. But do we really know ourselves well enough to break the shackles of habit? Going against the “usual” flow and creating something new requires a great deal of faith, conviction, and bravery. Dr B R Ambedkar is one such incredibly daring person in our nation’s recent history. In this blog, we have listed down the most inspiring Ambedkar quotes on education.
20+ Inspiring Ambedkar Quotes on Education
Listed below are the most inspiring Ambedkar quotes on education that teach us what true freedom and education mean in practice:
- “If you believe in living a respectable life, you believe in self-help which is the best help”.
- “Be educated, be agitated, be organized, be confident, never give up, these are the five principles of our life”.
- “If I find the constitution being misused, I shall be the first to burn it”
- “Life should be great rather than long”
- “I like the religion that teaches liberty, equality and fraternity”
- “Men are mortal. So are ideas. An idea needs propagation as much as a plant needs watering. Otherwise, both will wither and die.”
- “Law and order are the medicine of the body politic and when the body politic gets sick, medicine must be administered.”
- “So long as you do not achieve social liberty, whatever freedom is provided by the law is of no avail to you”.
- “They cannot make history who forget history”. “A great man is different from an eminent one in that he is ready to be the servant of the society.”
- “Knowing that education is the way to progress in life, students should study hard and become loyal leaders of society”.
- “No plan for the future development of the country can be deemed to be complete which does not provide for technical and scientific training. This is the “Age of Machine”, and it is only those countries in which technical and scientific training has risen to the highest pitch that will survive in the struggle that will commence when the War is over, for maintaining decent standards of living for their people.”
- “The progress of any society depends on the progress of education in that society”
- “Knowledge is the basis of human life. To enhance the intellectual capacity of the students; Also, every effort should be made to increase their intelligence”.
- “You got educated doesn’t mean everything is done. There is no doubt in the importance of education, but along with education, morality should also improve… Without morality, the value of education is zero”.
- “Educate boys and girls, do not involve them in traditional business activities”
- “Universalisation of the Primary Education is the basis for all-round national progress…. There must therefore be a Law for compulsory Primary Education”.
- “Learn to live with self-respect in this world. This ambition should always be in you to show by doing something in this world. Remember, those who want to fight come forward”.
- “Learn to be clean and free from all vices. Educate your children. Slowly instil ambition in their mind. Assure them that they are going to be great people. Destroy their inferiority complex. Don’t be in a hurry to get them married”.
- “Purpose of education is to moralize and socialise the people”.
- “You are the architect of your life”.
To know more about such interesting updates, check out Top Educational Quotes to Keep You Motivated at Leverage Edu.