Many students interested in studying an MBA abroad now pick the United Kingdom as their preferred destination over time. The UK is regarded as the ideal location for students wishing to pursue a degree in healthcare management due to its wide variety of healthcare organisations and reputation for quality. MBA in Health Care Management in UK, a two-year postgraduate degree program, gives students a solid foundation in the management, operations, and organisation of the healthcare sector, which includes, among other things, hospitals, clinical settings, and pharmaceutical enterprises. The world’s top research facilities are located in the United Kingdom, making it the ideal country in which to pursue this degree due to its abundance of resources for students, notably in the healthcare sector.
Keep reading this blog to know in detail about the MBA in Health Care Management in UK.
This Blog Includes:
Why Study MBA in Health Care Management in UK?
One of the most popular study-abroad locations for international students pursuing higher education is the UK. Here are some reasons why an increasing number of Indian students are choosing to study MBA in Health Care Management in UK each year:
- Globally, nations admire the United Kingdom’s top-notch healthcare system.
- Students will build a strong career foundation with an MBA in Health Care Management in the United Kingdom, which is an internationally recognised degree.
- A top-notch faculty is available to teach healthcare management courses at a number of prestigious universities in the UK.
- Each student is given the best vision, the most up-to-date technology, and accurate public health knowledge.
- There are several different types of healthcare institutes in the UK. As a result, there is a lot of opportunity in the UK for those seeking an MBA in Health Care Management.
- The National Health Services (NHS), one of the public organisations in the UK, hires a number of recent graduates in healthcare administration each year.
Know all about MSc Agriculture here!
Top Universities for MBA in Health Care Management in UK
With the biggest number of universities placing highly in numerous worldwide university rankings, the UK is home to some of the best institutions in the world. The majority of universities provide a one- or two-year healthcare management program.
The best institutions for MBA in Health Care Management in UK along with their fees are listed below:
|University||QS World University Rankings 2024|
|King’s College London||40|
|The University of Edinburgh||22|
|University of Leeds||75|
|University of Warwick||67|
|University of Glasgow||76|
Read about BSc Physiology here!
The length of the MBA program in healthcare management ranges from one to two years. Both full-time and part-time master’s programs in hospital management are offered in the UK. Several colleges also offer a year-long MBA program in healthcare management with one year of work experience. Core and elective topics are covered in the UK’s healthcare management course curriculum.
The primary curriculum includes:
- Health Systems and Policies
- Marketing Management
- International Development and Health
- Global Burden of Disease
- Issues in Human Resource Management
- Managing Strategic Change
The elective modules include the following:
- Project Management
- Risk Management and Governance
- Managing Health Care Organizations
- Substance Use
- Global Health Ethics
Check out all about MA Economics Syllabus
For an MBA in Health Care Management in UK, the specific requirements for admission to a university may differ. However, the typical eligibility requirements are as follows:
- A (2:1) undergraduate degree or a (2:2) degree with at least three years of work experience, with a minimum of 55–75%.
- IELTS English Language Proficiency Test score of 7 to 7.5
- Scores on the GRE of 300–320 and the GMAT of 600.
Read all about Masters in Computer Science
How to Apply?
Students may find the admissions procedure for MBA in Health Care Management in UK to be overwhelming. Fortunately, Leverage Edu can help you streamline the process considerably.
We can assist you with your application process in the following ways:
- With the aid of our AI Course Finder, you may select the course you want to take.
- After that, the experts at Leverage Edu will start the application process for you at the colleges of your choice.
- In your application process, essays, SOPs, LORs, TOEFL, IELTS, and other documents are critical. Therefore, be sure to gather and prepare all necessary paperwork.
- Our experts will start your application for scholarships, housing, and student loans once you have submitted your application and any necessary papers.
- Following that, wait for your offer letter, which should arrive in 4-6 weeks.
Here are some mandatory documents you have to submit during your admission process:
- A valid passport and passport-size photographs,
- Official academic transcripts,
- If required, score sheets of examinations like IELTS/PTE and GRE/GMAT,
- CV/Resume, and
- Proof of work experience.
Masters in UK: All You Need To Know!
Cost of Studying
Here are the tuition fees for pursuing an MBA in health care management in the UK:
|University||Annual Tuition Fees|
|King’s College London||£29,310|
|The University of Edinburgh||£25,300|
|University of Leeds||£23,500|
|University of Warwick||£29,950|
|University of Glasgow||£23,950|
Career Scope and Salary
Several famous commercial and public healthcare institutes, hospitals, and institutions have been centralised in the capital city of the UK, London, as well as other significant cities. As a result, getting a job in the UK after earning an MBA in Health Care Management is not too difficult. WHO, Global Data, the NHS, and Greenwich Council are a few of the top employers in the UK for these graduates.
Hospitals, national health services, healthcare institutions, community health services, non-profit organisations, insurance firms, and other general businesses in the nation also provide opportunities in healthcare management in the UK.
After pursuing an MBA in Health Care Management in UK, you can expect the following job profiles and salaries:
|Job Profile||Average Annual Salary in The UK|
|Hospital Manager or CEO||£141,398|
|Medical Superintendent||£50,000 – £55,000|
|Healthcare Finance Manager||£55,000 to £65,000.|
Also Read about MSc Economics here!
The UK government provides a number of financial aid options to entice students to study MBA in Health Care Management there. Personal loans and scholarships are the two most popular forms of financial assistance.
Check out a few well-known UK scholarships for Indian students hoping to pursue an MBA in Health Care Management in UK:
|Felix Scholarships||100% waiver on tuition costs|
|Rhodes Scholarship at the University of Oxford||Coverage for tuition costs, health insurance, accommodation, etc.|
|Warwick Chancellor’s International Scholarships||Coverage for a stipend, tuition fees, and more.|
|Gates Cambridge Scholarship||Coverage for tuition costs|
|Think Big Scholarship||INR 4.25 lakh onwards|
Students who earn an MBA in Health Care Management in UK have excellent employment chances. They can easily find employment as a biostatistician, facility manager, healthcare manager, medical practice manager, public health educator, and other positions.
Students who pursue an MBA in Healthcare Management have a thorough understanding of the healthcare sector, including its organization, finances, rules, and delivery methods. Graduates can use this information to make educated judgments and deal with challenging issues in the healthcare sector.
A minimum of 55-75% on a scale of 2:1 with an undergraduate degree or 2:1 with at least three years of work experience.
English language proficiency on the IELTS Test score of 7 to 7.5, with a GMAT score of 600 and a GRE score of 300 to 320.
So, this was all about the MBA in Health Care Management in the UK. Many Indian students dream of pursuing education in foreign nations due to the exposure and career growth they offer. Consider joining a free counselling session with Leverage Edu if you plan to study abroad.