The Felix Scholarship aims to provide the underprivileged students of India and other developing countries with equal educational opportunities to continue their postgraduation education in a university in the United Kingdom. The scheme helps students explore and indulge in cultures, experience, and academics which won’t be fulfilled otherwise. The vision was that the training will further help students contribute to the upliftment and well-being of their home countries. The distribution of the Felix Scholarship began with 6 awards in 1991-1992 and has now risen to 20 scholarships per year. The scholarship has benefitted 428 students to date. Read this blog to know all about the amount, eligibility, rewards and how to apply for Felix Scholarships.
This Blog Includes:
About Felix Scholarships
|Scholarship Type||Merit-Based and Need-Based|
|Organization By||Felix Trust|
|Annual No. of Scholarships||20|
|Scholarship Website Link||https://www.felixscholarship.org/|
|Application Deadline||January 31|
|Benefits||Tuition Fees and extra funds|
|Study-Level||Masters and Doctorate|
Candidates from India must check the eligibility criteria before applying for the Felix Scholarships.
- The candidate must be of Indian nationality.
- The applicants must be below the age of 30 years.
- The applicant must not be currently residing or studying outside India.
- Underprivileged applicants must apply for a full-time postgraduate program with any one of the partner universities.
- The applicant must have a first-class undergraduate degree from a recognized Indian university.
- Applicants who already hold a master’s degree are not eligible for the Felix Scholarships.
- Applicants must return to work in their home country after the completion of studies.
How to Apply for Felix Scholarships?
There are 3 universities that participate in the Felix scholarship, i.e. the University of Oxford, School of Oriental and African Studies, and the University of Reading). The applications can be made only to one of the participating universities and the procedure varies for each one.
University of Oxford
Applicants just have to tick the box indicating Felix Scholarship on their Oxford postgraduation application form. The university officials shall further use the necessary information inserted by the applicant in the required sections of the admission application. Applicants must submit their postgraduation application before the deadline to be considered.
Oxford University offers Felix Scholarship to students outside India as well. Every year, one scholarship is given to a resident of another country which is categorized under Other Low Income Countries or Least Developed countries on the DAC list of ODA Receipts. The eligibility criteria for these students is:
- Must have first-class undergraduate degree
- Must not already hold a degree from outside your country
- You must return to your country after the course is completed
University of Reading
Students must fill the application form at the me@reading applicant portal. The applicant must fill the admission offer to the postgraduate program at the University of Reading before the given deadline.
School of Oriental and African Studies
Applicants must first apply for a Master’s or Research degree program at the School of Oriental and African Studies. After they receive their offer of admission, the students should complete the Felix Scholarship online application form.
Tuition Fees According to Each University
|The University of Oxford||USD 37,200-42,100 (INR 27,72,447- 31,37,635)|
|The University of Reading||USD 20,600-24,800 (INR 15,35,279- 18,48,298)|
|The School of Oriental and African Studies||USD 25,900-29,400 (INR 19,30,279- 21,91,127)|
Here is the selection process for the Felix Scholarship:
- The universities mentioned above shortlist the candidates based on their academic excellence and financial need.
- The shortlisting procedure takes place during early March. Those candidates who are shortlisted must fill a short questionnaire and then appear for their interview.
- The interview and questionnaire are conducted to not only assess the academic competency of the applicants, but also analyze their personality, financial need, and potentiality for the Felix Scholarships. The candidates receive a letter for the date and venue of the interview.
- The interview is either held in New Delhi or Bangalore and the decisions are usually announced in May.
Each university has a different contact detail. Let’s check them out:
University of Oxford
Student Fees and Funding
3rd Floor, 4 Worcester Street
Tel: (0)1865 616670 Fax: (0)1865 270077
Web address: www.ox.ac.uk/feesandfunding
University of Reading
The Graduate School University of Reading
Old Whiteknights House
RG6 6AH UK
Tel: (0)118 378 6169 Fax: (0)118 378 4252
Web address: www.reading.ac.uk
E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
SOAS University of London
WC1H 0XG UK
Tel: (0)20 7074 5091 Fax: (0)20 7074 5089
Web address: www.soas.ac.uk/registry/scholarships
Thus, we hope that this blog provided you with detailed information on the Felix Scholarship. If you require any further assistance in applying for any of these scholarships, our experts at Leverage Edu experts are just a click away. Sign up for a free session with our counsellors and get your queries answered!