Attaining a Masters in Human Physiology will offer you a wide range of opportunities in the field of biomedical research and other health professions. The science that studies how the human body’s systems and functions work together to maintain a stable internal environment is known as Human physiology. As a human physiologist, you will help individuals maintain good health, investigate human diseases, prepare instruments for application in medicine, analyse biological samples, etc. You will also work with doctors and health departments to improve the health outcomes of the community. Keep reading to find out in detail about the top colleges and career options for Masters in Human Physiology.
This Blog Includes:
Why Study Masters in Human Physiology?
If you wish to pursue a career in biomedical research or follow a clinical career path in a hospital, biotechnology, or pharmaceutical setting, then Master in Human Physiology is the right course for you. Graduates can expect to be employed by hospitals, government research facilities, and fitness centres, among others.
A Masters’s degree in Human Physiology can open doors to countless fields. You can work in the Healthcare sector, Academia, and Life Sciences. You can work as a physical therapist, research specialist, PhD Instructor, etc.
The employment rate for physical therapists, one example of a job profile available for physiologists, is anticipated to rise by 21% from 2020 to 2030.
Also Read: BSc Physiology
Masters in Human Physiology Syllabus
While the syllabus of the Masters in Human Physiology can differ slightly according to the university, the general syllabus is the same.
Have a look at the modules of this course:
- Musculoskeletal Science – Core: This unit intends to deliver cutting-edge content, analysing normal physiology of the musculoskeletal system, from a cell and molecular level. The unit covers in detail the different pathological states and diseases of musculoskeletal physiology.
- Advanced Aspects of Neuroscience – Core
The unit offers advanced aspects of neuroscience, such as the fundamental processing in healthy nervous systems and neurological disorders.
- Applied Physiology Techniques – Core
In this unit, you will learn technical skills across a range of techniques which is utilised in physiological research.
- Research Methods and Ethics in Biomedical Science – Core
This unit allows students to develop advanced skills in research methods and work on an independent research project proposal.
- Advanced Nutritional and Exercise Physiology – Core
The unit helps the students in gaining advanced knowledge of nutritional and exercise physiology in humans.
- Project – Core
In this module, students have to finish an independent laboratory-based research project, which is associated with their employment aspirations and specific academic interests.
- Cardiorespiratory Physiology – Core
The goal of this unit is to offer up-to-date knowledge of cardiorespiratory physiology, which includes challenges posed by self-induced stress, such as exercise and hypoxia.
Also Read: MS in Australia
Top Colleges and Tuition Fees Abroad
The college or university you choose is going to immensely impact your career. So, it is important that you choose the right institute. Fortunately, there are various renowned universities that are offering Master in Human Physiology courses.
Have a look at the table given below to check out these eminent universities along with their tuition fees:
|University||QS World University Rankings 2024||Course||Duration||Tuition Fees|
|Boston University||93||MS in Human Physiology||1 Year||$66,702 Per Year|
|Manchester Metropolitan University||590||MSc Human Physiology||1 Year||UK Fees: $12,733 Per Year
International Fees: $24,194
|The University of Iowa||491||MS in Health and Human Physiology||1 Year||$ 30,047 Per Year|
|King’s College London, University of London||37||Human & Applied Physiology MSc||1 Year||International Fees: $39577 Per Year
UK Fees: $19,024 Per Year
|Liverpool John Moores University||751-760||MSc Exercise Physiology||1 Year||UK Fees: $12,364|
Also Read: Masters in UK: All You Need To Know!
How to Apply?
While the admission process can be complicated, you can make it a whole lot easier by reaching out to Leverage Edu. Here is how we will help you in your application process:
- We will assist you in selecting your Master in Human Physiology course via our AI Course Finder.
- Then, the experts at Leverage Edu will begin your application process at your desired university.
- Documents like Essays, SOPs, LORs, TOEFL, IELTS, etc. are an integral part of your application process. So, make sure that you gather and compile all the required documents.
- Our experts will then begin with the application process for student visas, accommodation, and scholarships/student loans after the submission of your application and the mandatory documents.
- Now, wait for your offer letter which you will receive after nearly 4-6 weeks later.
Also Read: Masters in Computer Science
There are some documents that you need for applying for Masters in Human Physiology abroad. Have a look at those mandatory documents:
- Updated CV/Resume
- All official academic Transcripts and diplomas if any
- English Language Proficiency Test Scores
- Financial Evidence
- Statement of Purpose
- Portfolio or writing samples if required
- TB Test Certificate for UK Universities
Before you apply for a Masters’s degree in Human Physiology, make sure that you fulfil the eligibility criteria for it. While the eligibility requirements differ slightly as per the universities, the general criteria remain the same.
So, here are the eligibility criteria for Master in Human Physiology:
- Students need to have completed their Bachelor’s degree in the Science stream with subjects like microbiology, chemistry, zoology, botany, and physiology from a qualification from a recognised university.
- The candidates must have scored a minimum of 60% aggregate marks or equivalent in their Bachelor’s course.
- They should possess a valid visa as required by the country where they wish to study.
- They should have an updated resume or CV.
- The candidates should also possess a valid passport.
Also Read: MA Economics Syllabus
Scope and Salary
There are numerous career options available to you after completing the Master in Human Physiology. Graduates in this course can expect to make an average salary of $46,050 to $140,000 a year.
As a physiologist, you will help individuals maintain health and well-being via proper fitness to improve cardiovascular health and mobility.
Have a look at the most popular job profiles available for graduates in Masters in Human Physiology along with their salaries around the globe:
|PhD Instructor||$70,000 to $140,000 Per Year|
|Nurse||$46,050 Per Year|
Also Read: MSc Economics
Studying abroad can be very expensive, and hence demotivate students who dream of pursuing higher education in a foreign country. This is where scholarships come in handy. A scholarship can make studying abroad very affordable for you.
There are numerous scholarships that are offered to international students for pursuing Masters in Human Physiology/Physiology.
Have a look at some of the top scholarships that you can apply for:
- Hungary Government (Stipendium Hungaricum) Scholarships 2024
- Fully Funded MEXT Japan Scholarships 2023
- 2023 New Zealand Aid Program for International Students
- Netherlands Government Fully Funded Scholarships 2023
- Sanctuary International Visitors Support Scheme University of Sheffield, UK 2023
Also Read: MSc Agriculture
The course focuses on understanding how the human body functions in terms of health and diseases, and how it responds to the external changes that occur.
Human Physiologists work to help people maintain good health, develop instruments for application in medicine, investigate human diseases, and analyse biological diseases.
There are numerous career options available to you once you complete the Masters in Human Physiology. Graduates in this course can anticipate making an average salary of $46,050 to $140,000 a year.
So, this was all about the Masters in Human Physiology. Many Indian students dream of pursuing education in foreign nations due to the exposure and career growth they offer. Consider joining a free counselling session with Leverage Edu if you are planning to study abroad.