A Bachelor of Dermal Science is a course that helps to develop comprehensive knowledge in all aspects of dermal science. Students learn how to perform the effective dermal treatment. Some of the procedures taught include laser and light-based treatment, resurfacing treatment, and lymphatic treatment. The degree also supports the transition from vocational education into higher education qualification. Students will also learn how to heal wounds, scarring, ageing, sun damaged skin, among others. Graduates of this discipline can find employment opportunities in clinical and educational settings. They are also hired for plastic and cosmetic surgery practices, dermal therapy clinics, and medical aesthetic companies.
Keep reading to find out more about the bachelor of dermal science eligibility criteria, bachelor of dermal science admission requirements, bachelor of dermal science jobs, and bachelor of dermal science colleges in India and abroad.
|Course||Bachelor Of Dermal Science|
|Bachelor of Dermal Science University||Victoria University|
|Duration of the Course||4 years|
|Post-study work visa||2 years|
|Victoria University Ranking World (QS)||236|
|Expected Salary after Completion||INR 48.99 lakhs|
|Campus Location||City Queen|
Must Read: How to Become a Skin Doctor?
This Blog Includes:
The following are the eligibility criteria for a bachelor’s in dermal science
- Candidates must have 65% in four main subjects from the ICSE board/ All India Senior School Certificate/State Board examination, or
- Candidates must have completed an Australian Advanced Diploma or equivalent
- Must have studied English.
- Foreign universities also require you to clear the IELTS exam (6/9), TOEFL (67/120), or PTE exam (
- For getting admission into foreign universities it is also a must to get a conditional offer letter from the university to that you have applied.
- Another requirement for Victoria University is to clear the health check, working with children check, and police record check.
The Bachelor of dermal science online and offline students are required to study the following subjects. Here is the Bachelor of dermal science semester wise syllabus
|Semester 1||Semester 2||Semester 3||Semester 4|
|Indigenous Health and Wellbeing||Dermal Studies and Philosophy||Dermal Skills 1||Skin management 2|
|Communication and Dermal Services||Occupational Health and Safety in Dermal Practice||Dermal clinic 1||Dermal skill 3|
|Introduction to Dermal Sciences||Dermal sciences 1||Skin management 1||Dermal clinic 3|
|Anatomy and Physiology 1||Cognition in the Dermal Workplace||Dermal skills 2||Dermal skills 4|
|Anatomy and Physiology 2||Dermal Research Methods||Dermal clinic 2||Skin management 3|
|Introduction to Public Health and Wellness||Dermal Sciences 2||Chemistry for dermal sciences||Dermal clinic 4|
|Introduction to Human Nutrition and Food||Laser Principles and Safety||Dermal sciences 3||Independent project and group research 1|
|Evidence and Research||Legal and Ethical Dermal Practice||Dermal sciences 4||Independent projects and group research 2|
Bachelor’s in Dermal Science is a course that is provided only by Victoria University in Australia. The course was designed in collaboration with the Australian government due to the growing popularity of the dermal therapies industry.
Must Read: Dermatology Courses
Fees and Scholarship
Bachelor of dermal science victory university is the most popular. The fees and scholarships for the same are based on whether you are granted a commonwealth-supported place (CSP) or a full-paying place.
- Commonwealth Supported Place (CSP) is a program provided by the Australian government. Students who enrol in this program will be provided fees by the Australian government. The government pays part of the fees directly to the university. The rest of the amount covered by the student will be called a student contribution to the university.
- Under the full paying fees category, the students have to pay the full amount by themselves before each census for each study period. In addition to the regular fees, fees for Student Services and amenities are charged.
|Estimated annual course fee||Estimated Living expenses in Australia|
|AUD 33,000 (INR 18.74 lakhs)||AUD 30,000 -AUD 40,00 ( 17.3 -19.30 Lakh)|
Click here to know more about scholarships!
Career options in Dermal Sciences
Bachelor’s in dermal science course was developed in response to the rapidly growing dermal therapies industry. The course was made as a result of the collaboration between the Australian government and the dermal therapies industry. The aim was to include the latest developments, theories, and practical experience to ensure that you are work ready. Some of the Bachelor in dermal science career options are that of a Dermal therapist and Dermal clinician
Dermal therapists can work independently as well as with aesthetic surgeons, dermatologists and clinical general practitioners, the beauty and cosmetic industry, and other medical practices. The following are the dermal science jobs.
- Plastic, cosmetic, and dermatology healthcare practice
- Perform aesthetic medical treatments such as laser and work in a dermal therapies clinic
- Work alongside plastic and cosmetic surgeons
- Work as beauty educators in the vocational education sector
- Medical aesthetic companies training providers.
Dermal science is skin science. It deals with the treatment of fluid retention, scarring, wound healing, pre and post-operative skin care, inflammatory conditions, uneven skin tone, and pigmentation, ageing, sun-damaged skin, and other skin conditions such as acne, psoriasis, and rosacea. It also deals with the removal of excess hair, tattoos, skin tags, and leg veins.
Most of the dermal therapists in Australia have a nursing background. Another way to become a dermal therapist is to complete the Advanced Diploma Of Cosmetic Dermal Science. It will enable you to join the circle of the Australian Society Of Dermal Clinicians and become a licensed practitioner.
A professional who has completed Bachelors Of Dermal Sciences is a dermal clinician. The only university offering this course is Victoria University Australia.
Completing the Bachelor’s of dermal science will help you accelerate your career by giving you a nationally recognized degree. Students will gain expertise in healing wounds, scarring, ageing, and sun-damaged skin. Need help with study abroad admissions? Call us at 1800 572 000 and book our free 30-minute counselling session today.