Masters in Chemistry Scholarships in Canada applications are available for eligible students. There are hundreds of different authorities offering masters in chemistry scholarships in Canada. Masters in Chemistry is a graduate-level degree that provides in-depth knowledge of chemistry. After completing a Master’s in Chemistry students can work in several industries such as materials science, pharmaceuticals, and environmental management.
With the best-quality education, teaching facilities, and access to the best research infrastructure and better career opportunities, Canada is one of the best countries to study master’s in chemistry. Some of the best universities in the world are also located in Canada. Moreover, there are several scholarships available that can help an international student to study in Canada. Keep reading to learn more about Masters in Chemistry Scholarships in Canada.
This Blog Includes:
- Why Study Masters in Chemistry Scholarships in Canada?
- Masters in Chemistry Scholarships in Canada
- Application Process for Masters in Chemistry Scholarships in Canada
Why Study Masters in Chemistry Scholarships in Canada?
There are plenty of reasons why a student should study for a Master in Chemistry in Canada. These reasons are as follows:
- Canada offers quality education from some of the best universities in the world. Moreover, these universities are known for in-depth research in various fields.
- Universities in Canada offer several international scholarships that eligible students can apply for
- Canada has a diverse and inclusive environment. Therefore, several students choose to study Masters in Chemistry in Canada. Moreover, after completing education students can apply for jobs in Canada.
Also Read: MSc Chemistry Syllabus
Masters in Chemistry Scholarships in Canada
There are several scholarships available for international students. These scholarships can come from universities and governmental, or non-governmental organizations. Hence, we have divided these scholarships into 2 categories. Scholarships in Canada that are offered by universities for Masters in Chemistry Scholarships in Canada that are offered by organizations (governmental and non-governmental). Do note that the eligibility criteria, deadline, benefits, and purpose of these scholarships vary depending on the scholarship type.
Canada Universities Chemistry Scholarships for International Students
Here is a list of the top scholarships offered by Canadian universities. The purpose, benefits and for these scholarships are provided below:
|Brock Chittim Graduate Scholarship in Chemistry||University of Guelph||Doctorate||5000 CAD (Fee waiver)|
|Gilead Alberta Graduate Award of Excellence in Organic Chemistry||University of Alberta||Doctorate||2500 CAD (Fee waiver)|
|Christopher Scarfe Memorial Graduate Scholarship in Geology||University of Alberta||Postgraduate||2300 CAD (Fee waiver)|
|University Entrance Scholarship||Concordia University of Edmonton||Undergraduate||1000 To 5000 CAD (Fee waiver)|
|McGill University Department of Chemistry Scholarships||McGill University||Postgraduate students||25,000 to 26,000 CAD|
|R.G. Goel Memorial Graduate Scholarship||University of Waterloo||Postgraduate||500 CAD (Fee waiver)|
|Paul Bridger Graduate Award in Advanced Applied Science||University of Waterloo||Doctorate||2000 CAD|
|Spicer-Hennessey Scholar-Bursaries||Acadia University||Undergraduate||Not specified|
|Dr. T. C. Day Bursary in Science – Chemistry||MacEwan University||Undergraduate||Not specified|
|The Institute of Polymer Research Scholarship||University of Waterloo||Postgraduate, Doctorate||600 CAD|
|International Student Entrance Bursary||Bow Valley College||Postgraduate||2000 CAD|
|Ji Hun Kim Memorial Scholarship||Seneca Polytechnic||Postgraduate||NA|
Also Read: Scholarships in Canada 2023
Masters in Chemistry Scholarships in Canada by Various Organizations
Here is a list of Masters in Chemistry Scholarships in Canada by various organizations. The scholarship name, eligibility, and benefits are provided below:
|Scholarship||Benefit||Mid-July each year|
|Education Future International Scholarship – USA &
|Partial Funding||27 Oct|
|Armenian International Women’s Association (AIWA) Scholarship Awards 2023||Partial Funding (Females)||NA|
|Ontario Graduate Scholarship (OGS) Program 2023||Partial Funding||1 June|
|John Monash Scholarships 2023||Partial Funding||Mid July each year|
|SFI Industry RD&I Fellowship Programme 2023||Partial Funding||October 2023|
Application Process for Masters in Chemistry Scholarships in Canada
The application process for all universities is different. However, we have provided the general application process for Masters in Chemistry Scholarships in Canada. Interested students can follow the steps below to apply for scholarships.
- First, visit the website of the scholarship provider. For example, a university/government
- Next, check the eligibility criteria of the scholarship, and make sure the candidate meets all the requirements specified. For example, academic requirements, English language proficiency requirements, etc
- Make sure that an application is required. That is, at times universities do not require an application. In this case, simply applying for the course is enough. If the applicant is eligible, the university will automatically consider the student for the scholarship, and the applicant will be notified of the same in the offer letter.
- When application is required the document’s requirements. Most of the scholarships require the student to submit additional documents along with the scholarship application.
- Lastly, apply for the scholarship and wait for the results.
Yes. It is possible to get a scholarship in Canada for a Masters. Most of the universities in Canada offer scholarships for undergraduate, postgraduate, and PhD students. For example, McGill University, University of Waterloo, etc.
Yes. PG scholarships are available for students to study in Canada. For example, the Ontario Graduate Scholarship is funded by the provincial government. The scholarship is fully funded and is available to botmaster’srs and doctoral students.
Canadian universities charge tuition fees. However, to study in Canada for free students can apply for partial scholarships/fully funded scholarships. It would be similar to studying in Canadatuition-freee.
To discover more articles like this one, consult the study abroad experts at Leverage Edu.