Do you want to start your undergraduate course in the United States of America? Then there is some good news for you. The USA is providing undergraduate scholarships to international students who want to pursue their Bachelor’s degree. There are various fully funded scholarships for students who want to study undergraduate courses in the United States of America.
There are more than 1000 fully funded undergraduate scholarships available at the top universities in the United States of America. These scholarships provide tuition fees, travel expenses, accommodation charges and health charges to international students.
The below-mentioned article will cover the complete information about undergraduate scholarships in the USA and the documents required to apply for scholarships to study in the USA.
This Blog Includes:
- Top 5 Undergraduate Scholarships in the USA
- Documents required to apply for scholarships to study in the USA
Top 5 Undergraduate Scholarships in the USA
The students who are planning to study in the United States of America must apply for fully funded scholarships and fulfil their dream of studying at world-top universities like Yale University USA, Harvard University USA, Clark University, Boise State University, Berea College and many more. Below mentioned are the top 10 undergraduate scholarships in the USA:
Clark University Global Scholars Program for International Students
The Global Scholars Program believe in Clark University’s long-standing commitment to providing a challenging education with a global focus. The Global Scholars program is a special program for international students who want to show outstanding leadership qualities in their home communities.
Application Deadline: 1st February
Number of Awardees: Several
Value of the Scholarship: The students who will get the scholarship will receive the following:
- A guaranteed $2500 (INR 2,05,398.75) taxable stipend for the paid internship or research assistantship taken for academic credit during the summer following their junior year.
- Participate in the Global Scholars Mentor Program, including a semi-annual dinner hosted by the president of Clark University. During the Global Scholars Mentor Program, the students will be assigned to a faculty adviser, and receive guidance from staff or alumni leadership mentors.
- The students will receive a scholarship of $ 15000 to $ 25000 (INR 12,32,415.75 to 20,54,026.25 ) per year.
Duration of Scholarship: 4 years
IUPUI Undergraduate Scholarships for International Students
Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis (IUPUI) USA offers several undergraduate scholarships for international students every year. The eligible students will receive a scholarship of up to $ 27000 per year (INR 22,18,472.5). The candidates can qualify for the two types of scholarships which are as follows:
- Merit Scholarships: The university will consider the students for these scholarships during the time of admission.
- Competitive Scholarships: In this type of scholarship the candidates have to fill out a separate application form.
Application Deadline: 1st November (Fall) and 1st October (Spring)
Value of the Program:
- Scholarship range in value from $ 5000 (INR 4,10,852.50) to $28000 (INR 23,00,774) per year.
- The housing stipend is $ 2500 (INR 2,05,418.75).
Also Read: Study in USA 2023: Benefits, Visa, Jobs & Scholarships
Cornell University Financial Aid
The Cornell University scholarship is financial aid for international students. The scholarship is for undergraduate courses. The scholarship provides financial aid to international students who have applied for financial aid and have shown financial need.
Deadline:2 January 2023/ 1 November 2023
Programme period: 4 years
Onsi Sawiris Scholarship Progam
Onsi Sawiris Scholarship Program is open for students of Egypt to pursue undergraduate courses from the top universities in the USA. The scholarship will be granted on the basis of character and merit as represented through academic brilliance, entrepreneurial initiative and extracurricular activities.
Program Period: 4 years
Deadline: 31 July 2022
University Accepting Scholarship: The University of Chicago, Harvard University, Stanford University, The University of Pennsylvania.
- Political Science
The scholarship will cover full tuition fees, a living allowance, travel and health insurance.
Illinois Wesleyan University Scholarship
The Illinois Wesleyan University Scholarship is a fully funded undergraduate scholarship for international students who want to study in the USA. The university scholarships provide full tuition scholarships which range from US $ 16000 (INR 13,12,653.60 ) to US $ 30000 (INR 24,61,225.50) per year.
Scholarship Coverage: The scholarship covers the following expenses
- Merit-Based Scholarships: The merit-based scholarships range from US$16,000 to US$30,000 per year and are renewable for up to 4 years.
- President’s Scholarships: The president’s scholarships are full-tuition scholarships, which are renewable for up to 4 years of study.
Documents required to apply for scholarships to study in the USA
The students who are applying for the undergraduate scholarship to study in the USA will need a lot of documents. There can be different types of documents for different kinds of grants. However, there are certain documents that you require for applying for every kind of scholarship. Below we have mentioned the list of some of those documents:
- Standardized test scores (SAT, ACT, GRE, GMAT score)
- Language proficiency proof (IELTS, or TOEFL exam score)
- Recommendation letter
- Academic scores copy (GPA)
- Photo ID/Passport (Aadhar card in certain cases)
- Motivation letter/Statement of Purpose
The students must have completed their 12th from a recognised institution with a minimum of marks as specified by the university and course. A minimum GPA of 2.50 to 3. 60 is necessary for most of the courses.
The gap of 4 years is accepted to study in the USA after class 12th.
The acceptable IELTS score to study in the USA is 6.5 bands overall, however, to get a scholarship, students should aim a little higher and try to achieve an overall score of 7 or above with not less than 6.5 in each module.
For more such updates about how to apply for Undergraduate Scholarships in the USA and related topics, keep an eye on Leverage Edu, and follow us on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Twitter for up-to-date information. If you are planning to study in the USA then get in touch with us at 1800-572-130.