Are you an international student looking for a scholarship to study in the UK? If so, you might be interested in the University of Huddersfield Scholarship for International Students 2024. This is a merit-based scholarship that offers up to GBP 4,000 per year. Eligible students who apply for undergraduate or postgraduate courses at the University of Huddersfield. In this blog post, we will explain what the scholarship is, who can apply, and how to apply. Read on to know more!
|English tests accepted||IELTS, TOEFL, PTE, CAE, CPE|
|Standardized tests accepted||None|
|Admission deadline||15 January (for September intake)15 October (for January intake)|
This Blog Includes:
Also Read: University of Huddersfield Admissions
University of Huddersfield Scholarship 2024
The University of Huddersfield Scholarship for International Students 2024 is a scholarship scheme that recognizes academic excellence by offering financial assistance to international students who want to study at the University of Huddersfield. The scholarship amount varies depending on the level and grade of study, as follows:
- For undergraduate students, the scholarship ranges from GBP 2,000-4,000 per year, based on the UK A-Level equivalent grades. For example, if you have achieved AAB or above, you can get GBP 4,000 per year; if you have achieved ABB, you can get GBP 3,000 per year; and if you have met the general entry requirements, you can get GBP 2,000 per year.
- For postgraduate taught students, the scholarship ranges from GBP 3,000-4,000 per year, based on the UK honours degree equivalent grades. For example, if you have achieved a first-class honours degree or above, you can get GBP 4,000 per year; and if you have achieved an upper second-class honours degree (2.1) or above, you can get GBP 3,000 per year.
- For postgraduate research students, there are different scholarships and funding opportunities available. You can find out more about them here.
The scholarship is available for each year of study, subject to satisfactory academic progress. It applies to the tuition fees that you have to pay as an international student.
Also Read: UK Universities with High Acceptance Rate
University of Huddersfield Scholarships: Eligibility Criteria
To be eligible for the University of Huddersfield Scholarship for International Students 2024, you must meet the following criteria:
- You must be a self-funding international student paying full fees.
- You must have applied and received an offer to study at the University of Huddersfield for an undergraduate or postgraduate course starting in January 2024 or September 2024.
- You must have met the academic and English language requirements for your chosen course.
- You must have previously studied at a different level or higher in any country.
The good news is that you do not need to submit a separate application form for the University of Huddersfield scholarship. You will automatically be eligible if you meet the eligibility criteria and apply to study at the University of Huddersfield through one of the following ways:
- Apply online using the University of Huddersfield application form.
- Apply through UCAS (Universities and Colleges Admissions Service).
- Apply through an authorised agent in your country.
If you are eligible for a scholarship, you will get your offer letter from the University. You will need to accept your offer and pay a deposit of GBP 2,000 by the deadline specified in your offer letter to secure your place and scholarship.
Why Choose the University of Huddersfield?
The University of Huddersfield is an award-winning university based in Huddersfield, West Yorkshire. It has a reputation for excellence in teaching, research, and employability. Some of the reasons why you might want to study at the University of Huddersfield are:
- It is Gold in the Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF) 2023, which means it delivers consistently outstanding teaching and learning outcomes for its students.
- It has been named University of the Year by The Times Higher Education Awards 2019 and Entrepreneurial University of the Year by The Times Higher Education Awards 2012.
- It has over 24,000 students from over 130 countries, creating a diverse and vibrant learning community.
- It has over 400 courses to choose from, ranging from foundation to PhD level, across various disciplines and fields.
- It has strong links with industry and employers, offering placement opportunities, career guidance and support, and alumni networks.
- It has modern facilities and resources, including a GBP 28 million Learning and Leisure Centre, a GBP 30 million Science Building, and a GBP 17 million Oastler Building.
- It has a friendly and supportive environment, with dedicated staff, student mentors, and welfare services.
The University of Huddersfield Scholarship for International Students 2024 is a great opportunity for international students who want to pursue their academic goals in the UK. It offers generous financial support based on academic merit, without requiring a separate application. If you are interested in applying for the scholarship, you should start your application process as soon as possible, as the deadlines are approaching fast. You can find out more about the scholarship and the University of Huddersfield by visiting their website here. Good luck with your application!
Also Read: Cheapest Universities in UK 2023
Ans. To get a scholarship at Huddersfield University, you need to apply and receive an offer to study at the university for a UG or PG course. You will automatically be considered for a merit-based scholarship of up to GBP 4,000 per year if you meet the entry requirements of your chosen course.
Ans. To get a full scholarship to study in the UK, you need to apply for one of the following UK government scholarships that are offered to international students, covering your tuition fees, living expenses, and return flights to the UK:
1. GREAT Scholarships
2. Chevening Scholarships
3. Commonwealth Scholarships
Ans. The placement fee is reduced from your tuition fee and is payable in the same way as your tuition fee. At the University of Huddersfield, the placement fee depends on when you join the university and when you start your placement year. If you join the university in the academic year 2022/23 and start your placement year in 2024/25, you will be charged £900 for the placement year.
We hope that this helped you learn all about the University of Huddersfield Scholarship for international students for the year 2024. To discover more scholarships to study abroad, make sure to subscribe to Leverage Edu. Thank you for reading!