Australia is one of the best countries to study abroad. The country is known for providing affordable education, research opportunities, immigration possibilities, and a high quality of life. The student visa Australia is also known as a Subclass 500 visa. To apply for a student visa applicants must meet the eligibility criteria, and must provide relevant documents. The documents are used to verify the student’s candidature for a student visa in Australia. Keep reading to learn more about the student visa in Australia.
|Student Visa Australia
|Maximum 5 years
This Blog Includes:
- What is a Student Visa Australia?
- Benefits of Catering to Australian Study Requirement
- Documents Required for Student Visa Australia
- Documents Required for Student Visa Australia PDF
- Funds Required for Australian Student Visa
- English Language Documentation Requirements
- Australia Student Visa Application Process
- Australia Student Visa Latest Update
- Pre-departure Checklist
What is a Student Visa Australia?
A student visa in Australia is a visa granted for educational purposes. The visa validity period is up to 5 years and it costs approximately AUD710.00. By obtaining a student visa the applicant can participate in an eligible course, travel in and out of the country, and work up to 48 hours a fortnight during the course period.\
Benefits of Catering to Australian Study Requirement
International students can apply to study at any of the best universities in Australia, provided they meet the eligibility criteria for a student visa Australia. Some of the benefits of submitting Documents Required for a Student Visa Australia are mentioned below.
- Those who meet the documents required for a student visa Australia can apply for admission to any university in Australia.
- Additionally, the family members including spouse and children (below 18) can accompany the student visa holder to Australia. However, to obtain the visa for the family member a declaration has to be made regarding the same while applying for the student visa.
Documents Required for Student Visa Australia
The following are the documents required for a student visa Australia. The applicant must submit these documents for the visa processing.
|Proof of identity
|Passport, birth certificate, driver’s licence /national identity card
|Proof of intended study
|Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE) for all intended courses
|Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade sponsored- provide a letter of supporta secondary exchange student – provide an Acceptance Advice of Secondary Exchange Student formpostgraduate research student to stay back in Australia- letter from your education provider.
|Welfare arrangements for under 18-year-old student
|Form 157N, confirmation of appropriate accommodation and welfare letter, letter of Support from the Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (any 1)
|both parents will need to complete and sign Form 1229
|Evidence of adequate health insurance.
|Evidence of financial capacity
|Must have sufficient funds for the duration of the study, travel costs, 12 months of living, etc
|Proof of English language proficiency
|evidence that you have either obtained a satisfactory test score in an English language test recognised in Australia
|Genuine Temporary Entrant requirement
|Proof of employment, and educational qualifications. For example, a certified copy of your academic transcripts
|In case of a change of name
|a marriage or deed poll certificate or a certified copy of evidence of the name change.
|Relationship – spouse, de facto partner
|certified copy of your marriage certificate, Family Book, Household Booklet or other evidence of family composition.
|Migration agent – Form 956 Advice by a migration agent/exempt person
|completed and signed Form 956
|payslips or a contract if you are currently or recently employed, CV/resume, and copies of educational transcripts
|Appointment or withdrawal of an authorised recipient – Form 956A
|completed and signed Form 956A
|Proof of school enrolment for dependants
|Documentation confirming their enrolment in an Australian school.
|Copy of research (thesis/project) topic and your curriculum vitae or résumé
Documents Required for Student Visa Australia PDF
Funds Required for Australian Student Visa
Apart from the Documents Required for Student Visa Australia, the applicant must have sufficient funds for their stay. This can be provided by submitting income tax returns, and bank statements, among others, The government of Australia requires AUD 21,041 for a year.
|Shares, debentures, bonds, etc
|Personal loan (but disbursed fully)
|KVP, NSC, Capital Account in business
|Saving account balance
|Co-op bank balance and FDs
|PPFs, EPF, GPF, PF, CPF
English Language Documentation Requirements
The documents for Student Visa Australia also include meeting the English language requirements of the university. Some of the popular examination results accepted in Australia are listed below:
|English Proficiency Test
|Minimum Overall Score
|Cambridge English Test
|Occupational English Test
|‘B’ for each test component
Australia Student Visa Application Process
After the student has gathered the Documents Required for a Student Visa in Australia he/she can apply for the Australian student visa. The application process for the same are as follows:
- Apply to the university and get a confirmation for the enrollment letter
- Next, sit the official website and create an account (immi account)
- Complete the application form for the Subclass 500 visa
- Upload the necessary documents and obtain the unique transaction number to know the status of the application
- Lastly, check the travel requirements, and go to Australia to study after visa approval
Australia Student Visa Latest Update
The following is the pre-departure checklist for students planning to study in Australia. The checklist includes the following:
- Student visa Australia, and passport
- Booking a flight to Australia before the course commencement
- Obtaining travel insurance in addition to Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC)
- Make use of money exchange counters to obtain Australian currency
- Arrange student accommodation in advance
- Understand what you can and can’t bring to Australia
- Packing the bags by the climatic conditions of Australia
- Go through immigration and customs, and complete the incoming passenger card given on the flight
Students need to demonstrate sufficient bank balance before applying for for Australian student visa. The minimum amount required is AUD 24,505 in savings to meet the living expenses.
The overall money needed for a student visa in Australia is 710 AUD (38,300 INR). Apart from this, the student must have sufficient funds in the bank account. This amount is approximately 72,465 AUD (39 lakhs INR).
There are several documents needed for a student visa Australia. Some of the documents include Proof of identity, proof of intended study, and health insurance, among others.
We hope you now understand what a work visa USA is, its requirements, the application process, etc. Want to apply for a Visa for your study abroad journey? Drop us a comment in the section below, or you can connect with a visa expert at Leverage Edu, and we will guide you on your dream journey!