In this modern technological world, mathematics and its diverse applications are becoming indispensable. Owing to a consistent demand for skilled mathematicians across the world, more and more students are opting for BSc Applied Mathematics. It is an undergraduate course of 3 years duration that equips students with foundational knowledge about various fields. For this, the course includes concepts of engineering, data management, IT, statistics, and more. In this blog, we will explore why this course is a good option for your academic record, eligibility, top universities, and more. So, let us dive right into it.
|Name of the course||BSc Applied Mathematics|
|Mode of Delivery||Offline and online|
This Blog Includes:
Why Study BSc Applied Mathematics?
Pursuing higher studies abroad is one of the biggest life-changing decisions for a student. Here are a few reasons why studying BSc Applied Mathematics can be a great decision for your academic career:
- This course equips students with the relevant knowledge and skills required to take down real-world challenges in engineering, finance, and physics.
- Students get a chance to develop their problem-solving skills and hone strong analytical skills to use them across various industries.
- Pursuing a BSc in Applied Mathematics can open doors to diverse career opportunities ranging from software development to data analysis.
- Graduates in this course can pursue higher education and unlock a plethora of job opportunities. This is because there is an increasing demand for skilled mathematicians in this data-driven world.
Also Read: BSc Subjects
Top Universities to Study BSc Applied Mathematics
Here is a list of top universities that offer BSc Applied Mathematics along with their approximate annual tuition fee and the latest QS ranking.
|University||Course Name||QS Rank|
|John Hopkins University||Applied Mathematics and Statistics: BSc||28|
|University of Pittsburgh||BSc in Applied Mathematics||222|
|University of Washington||BS in Applied Mathematics||63|
|University of Manitoba||Applied Mathematics (BSc)||671 – 680|
|University of Colorado Boulder||BS in Applied Mathematics||264|
|Swansea Unversity||Applied Mathematics, BSc (Hons)||307|
|The University of Edinburgh||BSc Applied Mathematics||22|
|The University of Birmingham||BSc Applied Mathematics with Mathematics||84|
|Queen’s University Belfast||BSc Applied Mathematics and Physics||202|
|Imperial College London||Mathematics with Applied Mathematics/Mathematical Physics||6|
|Aberystwyth University||Applied Mathematics / Pure Mathematics||661 – 670|
|University of Groningen||BSc in Applied Mathematics||139|
|University of Stirling||BSc (Hons) Applied Mathematics||431|
|York University||BSc (Hons) in Applied Mathematics||353|
Students seeking admission in BSc Applied Mathematics are required to meet certain eligibility criteria. Although it can differ from the university shortlisted to the study abroad destination, here is an overview of the same:
- Candidates should have completed 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics.
- Candidates must have scored at least 50-55% marks in their 10+2 education.
- Applicants must also clear the entrance examination required by their preferred university (in some cases).
Also Read: BSc Courses after 12th Science
Students are required to submit a few documents to proceed with their application. The list includes:
- A filled application form
- Proof of finances
- A passport and visa
- Academic transcripts
- Work experience (if any)
- LOR and SOP
- Proof of English Language Proficiency tests.
1. You must first gather all academic transcripts and write a Statement of Purpose (SOP) and Letter of Recommendation (LOR). It is essential to keep the format according to the guidelines of their preferred university.
2. Now, browse the university website and log in to begin your application process.
3. Complete the application form by adding the required personal and academic details.
4. Once all the information is entered, cross-check to avoid mistakes.
5. Upload a scanned copy of all the required documents to proceed.
6. Finally, double-check everything and pay the application fee to submit your application.
Also Read: MBA After BSc
Scholarships for International Students
|Scholarship||Offered By||Eligible Courses||Annual Award|
|The Sekforde House Trust Scholarship||Queen Mary University of London||UG, PG, PhD||£20,000|
|International Undergraduate Student Entrance Scholarships||The University of Manitoba||UG||Up to 3,500|
|The Beacon Scholarship||University of Birmingham||UG||$4,000–$18,000|
|International Office Undergraduate Scholarships||Queen’s University Belfast||UG||£2500 – £3000|
|TENTANDA VIA AWARD||York University||UG||$120,000|
Scope in BSc Applied Mathematics
Students with a BSc degree in Applied Mathematics can enjoy a wide range of opportunities. With a strong foundation in mathematical principles, theories, and other relevant skills, graduates of this course can enjoy promising opportunities. For instance, the most common job profiles in this field include data analysts, statisticians, and financial analysts.
Apart from this, students can also engage in research and development and get a chance to collaborate on new cutting-edge projects. Additionally, BSc Applied Mathematics students can go for higher academic pursuits such as Master’s and Doctoral programs in the same or related disciplines.
BSc Applied Mathematics is a graduate-level course that usually spans around 3 years. It takes learners through the foundational and intermediate-level knowledge in various disciplines including engineering, mathematics, data management, statistics, and more.
Since Applied Mathematics courses are highly technical, students can often face difficulty in grasping concepts. However, this can be due to inadequate foundational knowledge of Mathematics since it takes basic high-school-level mathematics one step further. Nonetheless, interested students can sail through the storm with dedication and perseverance.
Applied Maths courses generally include topics such as algebra, calculus, probability, statistics, and mathematics.
This blog covers all the information you need to know about BSc Applied Mathematics. If you have queries or suggestions, drop them in the comments below. For further help, our expert team at Leverage Edu is available to assist you. Drop us a call at 1800572000 today to get an absolutely free counseling session!