Are you a foreign student who is eagerly waiting to visit Australia? then you must apply for an Australia visa. After applying for the visa the candidates get very curious to know about the application status. The following article will guide you on how to check the Australia visa application status in different forms such as online, offline, using a passport number, etc. The guide will also throw light on topics such as common challenges faced while checking status, and what to do in case the visa application gets rejected.
This Blog Includes:
Check the Types of Australian Student Visa Status
Before knowing the process to check the Australia student visa status it is very essential to know the different types of visa application status. Check below:
- Received: This status implies that the application status has been received by the Australian authorities.
- Processing: After the application has been received then it enters the processing stage. During this stage, the application and the documents are assessed.
- Approved: This status implies that the application has passed all the requirements and has been approved hence the candidates can plan their Australian trip.
- Rejected: This status means the visa has been rejected i.e. the application did not satisfy the required criteria to get the visa.
How to Check Australia Visa Application Status?
Check below the different methods to check the Australia visa application status:
- Visit the official website
- Candidates will have to look for the VEVO service online as this allows them to check the status of their visa application online
- Individuals are required to provide the necessary information
- After entering the required information click on the search button and check the information
- Candidates have to visit the nearest Australian Visa Application Centre and provide them with their reference number and other relevant details
- Individuals can also seek relevant information from an authorized agent by contacting them directly or by providing the necessary information.
- Candidates must visit the Australian Visa Application website and log in with their details
- Select the option that allows you to check the status of the application
- Enter the details of the passport
- After entering the correct details click on the search button and get the details about the status
Know About the Australia Study Visa Processing Time 2024: A Detailed Guide
Common Issues Faced while Checking the Application Status
Know about the common issues that the applicants might have to face while checking their application status:
- Incomplete or Incorrect Information: Candidates must double check the application form before submitting whether they have entered the relevant details or not such as the correct passport number, date of birth, and visa grant number.
- Technical Issues: Candidates might face technical issues while checking the status of their application in that case they might connect to a different browser or device and also clear their cache and cookies.
- Delay in Processing of Application: The processing time of an Australia visa can vary depending on the type of visa and it may sometimes take more time than usual, the candidates can contact the official authorities for the delays.
What to do in case the Visa gets Rejected or Delayed?
The Australian visa can get rejected or delayed due to many reasons hence the candidates can do the following:
- Contact the Official Authorities of Australia: Individuals can reach out to the Australian Department of Home Affairs and check the reason behind the delays and get a guide on the necessary steps.
- Review and Rectify: Sometimes the details entered can be incomplete or incorrect and therefore, the candidates need to assess their application and find the reason for rejection or delay.
No, it is not possible to check the visa application status of other candidates without the login details.
Yes, the candidates can check the status of their application even before receiving the decision. The status will be updated based on the progress of the application.
The processing time for an Australian visa application depends upon various factors such as the type of visa, whether correct details have been mentioned in the application or not, etc.
You Must Also Read:
We hope you now understand the Australia visa application status regarding how to check the status, common challenges faced, what to do in case of rejection or delay, etc. Want to apply for a Visa for your study abroad journey? Drop us a comment in the section below, or you can connect with a visa expert at Leverage Edu, and we will guide you on your dream journey!