A UK seasonal visa is a temporary work visa granted to individuals who have a job offer to work in the UK. The visa is solely meant for people undertaking seasonal horticulture (up to 6 months) or poultry production work (from 2 October to 31 December). This visa is available for a duration of 6 months in any 12-month period. Applications must be submitted for the poultry Seasonal Worker visas by 15 November every year. However, the horticulture seasonal worker can apply any time of the year. To apply for such a visa, the applicant must meet the eligibility criteria and must have a sponsor. Keep reading to learn more about the UK seasonal visa.
This Blog Includes:
UK Seasonal Visa Eligibility
To receive the seasonal visa the applicant must be at least 18 years of age. Additionally, he/she must have applied for the following:
- Must have a certificate of sponsorship: It refers to the reference number of the UK sponsor
- Additionally, the applicants must have sufficient to support themselves. A minimum amount of £1,270 is required for the same unless the amount is exempted by the UK government
- Additionally, the employer must make sure that the job they are offering fulfills the minimum wage requirement. Moreover, the employer must follow the rule regarding the working hours of the employee.
Also Read: How to Get Visa Sponsorship Jobs in UK?
UK Seasonal Visa: Do’s and Don’ts
The following are the permitted and non-permitted activities with a UK seasonal visa.
|Non permitted Activities
|Be employed in the job mentioned in the certificate of sponsorship
|Take up a permanent job
|Study. However, some courses require an Academic Technology Approval Scheme certificate
|Work in a second job or any other job that is not mentioned in the certificate of sponsorship
UK Seasonal Visa Cost
The cost would include the application cost and the cost required by the applicants to support themselves. The table below shows that the UK seasonal visa total cost would be £ 1568 (INR 1.60 lakh).
|UK seasonal Visa cost
|Bank balance required
|Total Seasonal Visa cost (UK)
Do note: the bank balance must be available for a period of 28 days in a row. That is, within 31 days of applying for the visa.
Duration of Stay
The duration of stay for the UK seasonal visa is as follows. Do note: It is possible to enter the UK as soon as the visa is valid. That is, 14 days before the start of the work.
|Type of Seasonal visa
|Duration of stay
|Visa for horticulture work
|Visa for poultry work
|from 18 October to 31 December each year
Documents Required for a UK Seasonal Visa:
The following are the documents needed for a UK seasonal visa.
- Must have a certificate of sponsorship (reference number of the sponsor)
- A passport and other additional documents to verify the nationality of the candidate
- Must have personal savings to support yourself in the UK. It can be exempted if the applicant has a certificate of sponsorship from the employer
- The applicant must have a blank page in the passport for your visa. Any other type of travel document must also have space for a visa.
- Additionally, the applicant must present a certified copy of the English translation. That is, the documents that are not in English or Welsh (excluding the passport)
- After the application has been submitted the home office might require the applicant to submit additional documents. In that case, the applicant must do the needful.
Interested candidates can apply online for this visa. Additionally, the applicants must provide either of the following
- The fingerprint and photograph. It can be taken at a visa application center
- Sign in to the UK Immigration ID check application. Next, scan and upload all the required identification documents
Lastly, the candidate can sign in to the UKVI account. After signing in, further details will be explained in the application.
In case an appointment is required:
The passport and the documents of the candidate might be kept at the visa application center. Hence, the candidates might have to travel to get the same form the center. The visa application center can be in another country! It is also possible to pay to get a faster result.
Those who have a child while in the UK
Candidates who have a child while in the UK must not that the child does not become a British citizen automatically. A separate application has to be submitted for the child to be viewed as a dependent of the seasonal visa holder in the UK,
It is important to take sufficient time to apply for a UK seasonal visa. The seasonal visa application can be applied 3 months in advance. The declaration of the visa application results would take place within 3 weeks.
|UK Visa Tracking with GWF Number
|Australian Spouse Visa Processing Time
|Is it Easy to Get a PR in UK?
|Dubai Student Visa
|For How Long is an F1 Visa Valid
|Italy student visa rejection
The UK seasonal visa is validity has been extended till 2024. In 2023, a total of 24,000 visas were available for horticulture.
The application of this visa can be made 3 months in advance. The application can be made by visiting the official website of the UK government. However, candidates must meet the eligibility criteria to receive the visa. For example, proving the identity.
There is no maximum age limit to work in the UK. However, it can be difficult to find a job in the UK in old age. However, the minimum age limit to work in the UK is 18 years.
We hope you now understand the meaning of a UK seasonal visa. Want to apply for a Visa for your study abroad journey? Drop us a comment in the section below, or you can connect with a visa expert at Leverage Edu, and we will guide you on your dream journey!