UK tourist visa allows a candidate to visit the UK as a standard visitor for business purposes, tourism, and study (for 6-month courses). An individual can stay for a minimum period of 6 months. However, the validity can be extended depending upon the circumstances such as medical treatment. Check the below article to learn more about tourist visas in the UK. The following article will guide you through the types and costs of tourist visas in the UK, how to apply, the documents required, etc.
Also Read: How to Make a UK Visa Application?
|Processing Time of UK Tourist Visa
|Validity of UK Tourist Visa
|2,5, or 10 years Individuals can stay a minimum of up to 6 months on each visit
|Cost of UK Tourist Visa
This Blog Includes:
What is a UK Tourist Visa?
A UK Tourist Visa is also known as a UK Visitor Visa which allows individuals to visit the UK for business, medical treatment, or leisure. Candidates having this visa must ensure all the activities that are allowed to undertake.
Types and Cost of UK Tourist Visa
Check the types and cost of Visa given in the table below:
|Types of Tourist Visa
|Maximum length of stay
|Tourist visa for medical reasons
|Tourist visa for academics
|2 year long-term Tourist visa
|6 months per visit
|5-year long-term Tourist visa
|6 months per visit
|10 year long-term Tourist visa
|6 months per visit
How to Apply for a UK Tourist Visa?
The application process for UK tourists can be done in online mode. After filling out the application form the candidates are required to pay the fees. Biometric details are also required to be submitted. In addition to this, the following must also be carried by the applicant:
- Confirmation of appointment and fee payment
- Print out of application form signed and dated
- A valid passport or in that case a travel document
Also Read: UK Student Visa 2023-24
UK Tourist Visa Processing Time
Before applying for the UK tourist visa one should know the processing time to plan the visit properly. The visa application can be submitted between three months and 48 hours before planning to travel. Usually, the Visa processing time is 3 weeks for applicants out of Switzerland or EEA. However, individuals can take steps to check the status of their application.
Documents Required for UK Tourist Visa
Check below the required documents for the visa:
- A valid passport or a travel document
- There should be a blank page in the passport for the tourist visa
While applying online individuals might be required to provide some essential information such as:
- Date of travel to the UK
- Place of stay during the 1st visit
- Estimated cost of the trip
- Current home address and period of stay
- Parent’s name and date of birth
- Annual Income
- Details of criminal background (if any)
Depending upon the situation the following might also be required:
- Details of travel history in the past 10 years
- Employer’s address and telephone number
- Partner’s name, date of birth, and passport number
- The name, address, and passport number of any family member staying in the UK
- In case of visiting for more than 6 months should have proof of Tuberculosis Test
Allowances and Restrictions of UK Tourist Visa
Check below the allowances and restrictions of the visa given below:
- Individuals can participate in business-related ideas
- This visa allows you to stay in the country for up to 30 days.
- Allows students under 18 years of age to take part in exchange programs and educational ideas
- While traveling to another country, you can pass through the transit
- Cannot live in the country for longer periods through frequent visits
- Cannot do paid or unpaid work during the stay
- Cannot obtain public funds
- Neither marry or enter a civil partnership nor even give a notice for the same
Also Read: An Overview of UK Visa Restrictions
Reasons for Rejection of UK Tourist Visa
Check some of them listed below:
- If the individual is using a visitor scheme to live in the UK
- If he/she poses any threat to the nation
- An individual has breached the immigration rules in the past
- Record of unspent criminal convictions
- The individual does not appear to be a genuine visitor
- Does not have sufficient funds to support themselves in the UK
Applicants having a valid passport or a travel document, and sufficient funds to support themselves and their family, are eligible to get a UK tourist visa provided they do not try seeking a job.
The UK tourist visa is valid for a minimum of 6 months and costs £115.
Yes, it is but for that first, the candidate will have to leave the foreign country return to the home country apply for a work visa, and then re-enter the country.
We hope you now understand what is UK tourist visa and its application process. Want to apply for a Visa for your study abroad journey? Drop us a comment in the section below, or you can connect with a visa expert at Leverage Edu, and we will guide you on your dream journey!