A youth mobility visa is a type of UK visa that allows young individuals to work and settle in the UK. This visa offers an opportunity for young Indians to experience life and culture in the UK. Individuals who are in the age group of 18 – 30 years can apply for this visa. This visa is beneficial for young Indians as this allows them to learn skills and gain experience in the UK and bring them back to their home country. Follow the below article to learn more about youth mobility visa UK, the processing time and validity period, eligibility criteria, etc.
This Blog Includes:
What is Youth Mobility Visa UK?
Youth Mobility Visa is also known as Tier 5 visa and it allows individuals to enter and work in the United Kingdom in a variety of situations. Individuals who come from the countries that are listed under the Youth Mobility Scheme can enter the UK even if they do not have a job offer. Work opportunities such as the Charity Workers Scheme, International Agreement, Government Authorised Exchange, Creative and Sporting Scheme, etc, require the individuals to possess a job offer and also need to pass an assessment test.
Why Apply for Youth Mobility Visa UK?
Check the below points to know why to apply for a youth mobility visa UK:
- This is the easiest way to work in the UK
- This ensures quick processing of visa
- This visa allows to stay in the UK for 2 years
- Travel in and out of the UK at any time
- Candidates have the freedom to start a business in the UK
- After 2 years, switch to other UK immigration paths
- Get work experience & learn new skills
- Develop English language skills
Also Read: YPS is a 2-year stay in UK with no job
Check below the eligibility criteria:
- Candidates between the ages of 18 to 30 years can apply
- Candidates with any Bachelor’s Degree are eligible to apply
- Need not qualify for the IELTS exam
- Work experience is not compulsory
- Candidates should have £2,530 in their bank account
The candidates are required to:
- pay the application fee of £298 and the healthcare surcharge
- Candidates are required to prove that they have enough personal savings
Also Read: Why Study in UK and not India?
While applying the candidates are required to submit the following documents:
- Document showing identity and nationality such as a valid passport
- Updated bank statement showing the account has at least £2,530
- If a candidate belongs to a country that requires to take tuberculosis test then he/ she will have to carry the test results
- Candidates should keep a blank page in the passport for the visa
- The candidates are required to provide a certified translation of any documents that are not in English or Welsh
Also Read: UK Tier 4 Visa: Meaning, Checklist
Validity of Youth Mobility Visa UK
The candidates will be given a visa to live and work in the UK for up to 2 years. This visa allows a candidate to enter and leave the UK at any time while the visa is valid. If the candidate becomes 31 after the visa is issued, then they can stay in the UK for as long as their visa is valid. In case the candidate belongs to New Zealand, then they will be able to extend their visa by one year after the two-year period ends. If the candidate is from Australia or Canada, then from 31st January 2024 they will be able to apply to extend their visa by one year.
Allowances and Restrictions
Check the allowances and restrictions are given below:
- The candidates can study some courses which will require an Academic Technology Approval Scheme certificate
- The candidates will be able to work in most of the jobs
- The candidates can also be self-employed and set up their own company
- Candidates cannot work as a professional sportsperson
- They cannot extend their stay unless they’re from New Zealand
- They are not eligible to get public funds
- They will have to apply separately to bring in family members
Cost of Youth Mobility Visa UK
The cost of a Youth Mobility Visa UK is £244. Apart from the application fee, students will have to pay a healthcare surcharge of £470 per year. Moreover, a Biometric Residence Permit (BRP) charge would be £19.20.
Youth Mobility Visa Extension
The Youth Mobility visa extension is possible only for New Zealand nationals. To receive the visa extension applicants must: be living in the UK, or have a valid YMS visa.
Yes, Indians are allowed to apply for the Mobility Visa UK.
Candidates from Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Monaco, San Marino, and Iceland can apply. Individuals from India, Hong Kong, Japan, South Korea, or Taiwan will have to be selected in the Youth Mobility Scheme ballot in order to apply.
The fee for the this visa is 244 GBP. The candidates may have to bear some additional costs, such as a healthcare surcharge.
The Youth Mobility Scheme UK visa was earlier known as the Youth Mobility Visa. The visa is available to individuals between the ages of 18-30. The Youth Mobility visa holder gets the permit to live and work in the UK. Moreover, the duration of stay is generally up to 2 years.
We hope you now understand what is youth mobility visa UK, its requirements, the eligibility criteria, etc. Want to apply for a Visa for your study abroad journey? Drop us a comment in the section below, or you can connect with a visa expert at Leverage Edu, and we will guide you on your dream journey!