World Food Day is an annual event celebrated on 16 October. It is celebrated to spread awareness about the importance of sustainable agriculture, the importance of a nutritious and healthy diet, and to reduce the wastage of food. World Food Day was founded to mark the establishment of the Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO). You can send World Food Day quotes and wishes to your friends and Family and create public awareness for the importance of food and a healthy diet!
Also Read: World Food Day
List of World Food Day Quotes
This day is celebrated to create awareness and draw attention towards the hunger and starvation experienced by some sectors of the world. Despite enough production of food, some people could not get nutritious food due to which they face the issue of malnutrition.
So, you can make use of this specially dedicated day of food to increase knowledge and spread awareness about the importance of food. The theme for World Food Day 2023 is “Water is Food, Water is Life.” This year, FAO has focused on the essential resource on earth necessary for the production of food i.e. Water.
Here are some quotes on World Food Day:
- “Safeguard the oceans and water bodies for future food security.”
- “There are people in the world so hungry, that God cannot appear to them except in the form of bread.” – Mahatma Gandhi
- “The best way to prevent food security issues is through sustainable agricultural practices that promote resilience and reduce vulnerability.” – José Graziano da Silva
- “One cannot think well, love well, sleep well if one has not dined well.”- Virginia Woolf
- “Food, It’s not only about nutrients and calories. It’s about sharing. It’s about honesty. It’s about identity.” – Unknown
- “Food safety involves everybody in the food chain.” – Mike Johanns
- “The fight against hunger is not a struggle against fate; it is a struggle against apathy, selfishness and distrust.” – Pope Francis
- “Healthy citizens are the greatest asset any country can have.” – Winston Churchill
- “The only way to end hunger is to end poverty.” – José Graziano da Silva
- “Hunger is not an issue of charity. It is an issue of justice.” – Jacques Diouf
Also Read: Food Technology Courses
World Food Day Wishes
Here are some wishes that you can share and spread awareness about Food security and eliminate hunger:
- The food we consume is the outcome of the dedicated work of farmers. So, let’s unite and thank them for providing us with food. Best Wishes on World Food Day!
- Food is a blessing from God that we should share and it is love from someone who cares about us. Happy World Food Day!
- Save water for the sake of food. Happy World Food Day!
- Food is the main source of energy so let’s take an oath to provide food to poor people on this World Food Day.
- May this World Food Day unite us all together to fight against global hunger.
- Food is our lifeline so let us not forget to celebrate it! Happy World Food Day!
- We must acknowledge the fact that food security is necessary to have access to safe, nutritious, and culturally appropriate food.
- Happy World Food Day! Let’s celebrate the diverse cuisines and tastes of food from every culture.
- Wishing you a day filled with gratitude for the food on your plate and a commitment to end global hunger.
- Let us curate a brighter, and more food-secure future for all by reducing food wastage.
The quote for food day by the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations is:
“Food security exists when all people, at all times, have physical and economic access to sufficient, safe and nutritious food to meet their dietary needs and food preferences for an active and healthy life.”
The theme or slogan for World Food Day 2023 is “Water is Food, Water is Life. Leave No One Behind.”
World Food Day is celebrated by conducting some activities, seminars, competitions, community visits, conferences, and meets, at local, National and international levels to spread awareness among society about the importance of healthy and balanced food. This particular day offers a great opportunity for all to highlight millions of people who belong to the economically weaker sector who cannot afford a healthy balanced diet and should have access to nutritious and affordable food.