The Delhi Public Society is an educational non-profit and private organization. The DPS has a network of 200 English medium co-educational schools that offers to teach nursery to 12th standard students. Under the Delhi Public School, there are several schools located in different locations in Delhi, UP, Haryana, and Noida. The Delhi Public school offers facilities such as smart classrooms, a library, a conference room, a multi-purpose hall, a hostel, a computer lab, a science lab, audio-visual halls, and an open theatre and playground. Thus, the school aims at the overall development of the student. Keep reading to know more about the Delhi Public school eligibility criteria, the Delhi public school admission process, the DPS admission form, and the Delhi Public School fees.
|School Name||Delhi Public School|
|Admission Process||Interaction of parent and the child with the principal. Written exam for higher education.|
|Average fees||INR 32,819 for 1st standard|
This Blog Includes:
Why Study at the Delhi Public School?
Students can study at the DPS for the following reasons
- The Delhi Public Schools have an ultra-modern campus that caters to the need of the new learners
- The school uses innovative teaching methods with a special focus on extracurricular, communication skills, and co-curricular activities.
- The school offers beautifully designed air-conditioned classrooms
- The institution offers facilities like a gym, Wifi connectivity, indoor sports, outdoor sports, a medical room, and transportation facilities among others.
- The safety and security of the student are taken care of with the help of a CCTV monitoring system, bus tracking app, and student tracking app.
Also Checkout: GD Goenka Vasant Kunj: Admissions, Eligibility, Fees and More
Branches of DPS
Below is the main schools that come under the Delhi Public Society
|DPS Mathura Road||Delhi|
|DPS Noida||Uttar Pradesh|
|DPS R.K Puram||Delhi|
|DPS Vasant Kunj||Delhi|
|DPS Greater Noida||Uttar Pradesh|
|DPS Bulandshahar||Uttar Pradesh|
|DPS Navi Mumbai||Maharashtra|
|DPS Knowledge Park V||Uttar Pradesh|
|DPS International Saket||Delhi|
|DPS Sector 22 Noida||Uttar Pradesh|
Students can gain admission into the DPS school if they fulfil the following eligibility requirements
Age Criteria for DPS Admission
The age criteria for admission to DPS schools are as follows.
|Pre-Nursery||A minimum of 2 years and above as of March 31st, 2023|
|Nursery||Minimum age of 3 and above as of March 31st, 2023|
|KG||Minimum age of 4 and above as of March 31st, 2023|
Class 10th Eligibility Requirements
For admission to class 10th class, the student needs to have either 80% aggregate in 5 subjects or have to fulfil the below criteria for admission to the commerce stream and the science stream.
|Class 10th Admissions|
|An aggregate of 80% in 5 subjects||A minimum of 80% English and Mathematics are required.||A minimum of 80% marks in English, Mathematics, and Science|
Relevant Read: Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission
Below is the DPS school admission process. It is different for the primary section and the middle and high school sections. All admission to DPS school is based on merit itself.
DPS Admission: Nursery to class 2nd
The following is the admission process for nursery students to class 2nd students
- Registration on the school website followed by a brief interaction of the child with the teachers
- The next step involves the child interacting with the principal
- The date, time, and venue of the same will be shared with the parents before the interaction
- A hard copy of the duly filled application form has to be submitted
- The result of the admission interaction will be communicated to the parents through email. That is if the school has selected the child
- Lately, in the event of the selection the admission formalities have to be fulfilled by the parents
DPS Admission: Class 3rd to class 12th
The following is the admission process that is followed for students from class 3rd to class 12th.
- First, the candidates have to register themselves through the school website
- The syllabus for the written test will be sent to the applicants through email. The date of the written exam will also be provided to the candidates
- First and the second list of selected candidates will be released
- The next step is to clear the interaction of the parents and the child with the school principal
- An email will be sent to the parents will the student is selected for admission to the DPS school
- The admission form has to be submitted along with fees and important documents for the admission process to be complete.
Relevant Read: Best Schools in Delhi
Documents Required for DPS Admission
Below are the documents required for admission to DPS school. Apart from these, the school might need the students to bring other documents when required.
- The student’s birth certificate or passport
- Residential proof of current address and permanent address. It includes documents such as Ration Card, Voter ID Card, Utility Bill, Rent Agreement, Sale Deed, and Aadhar card.
- Identity proof of both the parents and the child
- Four passport-size photographs of the applicant and his/her parents
- Academic transcripts of the previous two classes attended by the student for admission to class 3 and above
- Guardian’s two passport-size photographs, and affidavit, if applicable
- The medical certificate or the vaccination card of the child
- Single parent attested copies of legal document
- Transfer certificate from the school last attended
- A character certificate from the school last attended is mandatory.
- Migration certificate for non-CBSE students seeking admission
- Caste certificate in case of ST/OBC
- Parivaar Pechchaan Patra
Relevant Read: Little Flower High School, Hyderabad
Here is the fee structure for the DPS school. Do note that it can vary depending on where the institution is based. Below is the fee structure for 2023-24 for the DPS Dwaraka Expressway, Gurugram.
|Admission Charges||Annual Charges|
|Registration Fee||Admission Fee||Caution Money|
|INR 1800||INR 40,250||INR 11,500||INR 28,750|
|Quarterly Regular Expenses||Total Fees|
|Pre Nursery (KG)||INR 31,277|
|1-2nd standard||INR 32,819|
|3-5th standard||INR 33,369|
|6-8th standard||INR 34,581|
|9th standard||INR 36,781|
|10th standard||INR 38,433|
|11-12th standard||INR 37,995|
|Optional Quarterly Transport Charges||Total Fees|
|Zero-5 Km||INR 11,400|
|More than 5 Km & 10 Km||INR 12,300|
|More than 10 Km & 15 Km||INR 13,200|
|More than 15 Km & 20 Km||INR 14,400|
|Optional Meal||Total Fees|
|Pre-Nursery – KG||INR 5,750|
|1-2nd standard||INR 5,750|
|3rd- 12th standard||INR 6,210|
Ans. Interested students can apply for admission to DPS Noida by registering for admissions, and by giving the entrance exams. However, the final result will be announced after the interactions between the parents and the student with the principal.
Ans. The best DPS schools in India are the DPS R.K Puram, DPS Kolkata, and DPS Vasant Kunj.
Ans. DPS is the largest public institution in India to be affiliated with CBSE.
Since its inception, the Delhi Public School has become one of the most popular public schools in India. The school is affiliated with the CBSE and is known for academic excellence and for focusing on the overall development of the student. Need help with study abroad admissions? Call us at 1800 572 000 and book our free 30-minute counselling session today.