The Delhi Public Society is an educational non-profit and private organization. The DPS has a network of 200 English medium co-educational schools that offer to teach nursery to 12th standard students. Under the Delhi Public School, there are several schools located in different locations in Delhi, UP, Haryana, and Noida. The Delhi Public School offers facilities such as smart classrooms, a library, a conference room, a multi-purpose hall, a hostel, a computer lab, a science lab, audio-visual halls, and an open theatre and playground. Thus, the school aims at the overall development of the student. Keep reading to learn more about the Delhi Public School eligibility criteria, the Delhi Public School admission process, the DPS admission form, and the Delhi Public School fees.
|School Name||Delhi Public School|
|Admission Process||Interaction of parent and the child with the principal.
Written exam for higher education.
|Average fees||INR 32,819 for 1st standard|
This Blog Includes:
- Why Study at the Delhi Public School?
- Branches of Delhi Public School
- Admission Notification 2024
- Important Dates
- Eligibility Criteria for DPS Admission 2024
- DPS Admission Process 2024
- Selection Criteria
- Fee Structure
Why Study at the Delhi Public School?
Students can study at the DPS for the following reasons
- The Delhi Public Schools have an ultra-modern campus that caters to the needs of the new learners
- The school uses innovative teaching methods with a special focus on extracurricular, communication skills, and co-curricular activities.
- The school offers beautifully designed air-conditioned classrooms
- The institution offers facilities like a gym, Wi-Fi connectivity, indoor sports, outdoor sports, a medical room, and transportation facilities among others.
- The safety and security of the student are taken care of with the help of a CCTV monitoring system, bus tracking app, and student tracking app.
Branches of Delhi Public School
Below are the main schools that come under the Delhi Public Society
|DPS Mathura Road||Delhi|
|DPS Noida||Uttar Pradesh|
|DPS R.K Puram||Delhi|
|DPS Vasant Kunj||Delhi|
|DPS Greater Noida||Uttar Pradesh|
|DPS Bulandshahar||Uttar Pradesh|
|DPS Navi Mumbai||Maharashtra|
|DPS Knowledge Park V||Uttar Pradesh|
|DPS International Saket||Delhi|
|DPS Sector 22 Noida||Uttar Pradesh|
Admission Notification 2024
DPS schools usually release admission notifications in the months of November to December for the upcoming academic year. These notifications are published on the school’s official website and in leading newspapers.
Although the dates for 2024 admissions have not been released by the school. Below we have tabulated the tentative dates for the events of the entire admission process at the Delhi Public School. Students and parents may keep a note of these dates to begin their application process or of their child within the due date.
|Admission Events||Dates (Tentative)|
|Beginning of Registration||1st Week, November 2023|
|Draw of Lots, if required||2nd Week, December 2023|
|Interaction/Interview (if required)||3rd Week, December 2023|
|Release of Admission Offers||1st Week, January 2024|
|Fee Payment and Document Verification||2nd Week January 2024|
|Commencement of Academic Year||1st Week, Apri 2024|
Eligibility Criteria for DPS Admission 2024
Delhi Public School admits students from class Nursery to XI every year. The age of students for Nursery admissions must be between 3-4 years and the age limit for admissions to upper classes may vary. Students can gain admission into the DPS school if they fulfil the following eligibility requirements
The age criteria for admission to DPS schools are as follows.
|Pre-Nursery||A minimum of 2 years and above as of March 31st, 2023|
|Nursery||Minimum age of 3 and above as of March 31st, 2023|
|KG||Minimum age of 4 and above as of March 31st, 2023|
Class 10th Eligibility Requirements
For admission to class 10th class, the student needs to have either 80% aggregate in 5 subjects or have to fulfill the below criteria for admission to the commerce stream and the science stream.
|Class 10th Admissions|
|An aggregate of 80% in 5 subjects||A minimum of 80% English and Mathematics are required.||A minimum of 80% marks in English, Mathematics, and Science|
Relevant Read: Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission
DPS Admission Process 2024
Below is the DPS school admission process. It is different for the primary section and the middle and high school sections. All admission to DPS school is based on merit itself.
To initiate the admission process, parents need to register their child on the school’s official website. This registration typically requires filling out an online form with essential details such as the child’s name, date of birth, parent’s contact information, etc. Please note that registration fees may apply and vary by school.
DPS Admission Process from Nursery to Class 2
The following is the admission process for nursery students to class 2nd students
- Registration on the school website followed by a brief interaction of the child with the teachers
- The next step involves the child interacting with the principal
- The date, time, and venue of the same will be shared with the parents before the interaction
- A hard copy of the duly filled application form has to be submitted
- The result of the admission interaction will be communicated to the parents through email. That is if the school has selected the child
- Lately, in the event of the selection the admission formalities have to be fulfilled by the parents
DPS Admission Process from Class 3 to Class 12
The following is the admission process that is followed for students from class 3rd to class 12.
- First, the candidates have to register themselves through the school website
- The syllabus for the written test will be sent to the applicants through email. The date of the written exam will also be provided to the candidates
- First and the second lists of selected candidates will be released
- The next step is to clear the interaction of the parents and the child with the school principal
- An email will be sent to the parents will the student is selected for admission to the DPS school
- The admission form has to be submitted along with fees and important documents for the admission process to be complete.
Relevant Read: Best Schools in Delhi
Documents Required for DPS Admission
Below are the documents required for admission to DPS school. Apart from these, the school might need the students to bring other documents when required.
- The student’s birth certificate or passport
- Residential proof of current address and permanent address. It includes documents such as a Ration Card, Voter ID Card, Utility Bill, Rent Agreement, Sale Deed, and Aadhar card.
- Identity proof of both the parents and the child
- Four passport-size photographs of the applicant and his/her parents
- Academic transcripts of the previous two classes attended by the student for admission to class 3 and above
- Guardian’s two passport-size photographs, and affidavit, if applicable
- The medical certificate or the vaccination card of the child
- Single parent attested copies of legal document
- Transfer certificate from the school last attended
- A character certificate from the school last attended is mandatory.
- Migration certificate for non-CBSE students seeking admission
- Caste certificate in case of ST/OBC
- Parivaar Pechchaan Patra
Relevant Read: Little Flower High School, Hyderabad
DPS schools employ a point-based system for selection. Here are some common criteria that the school considers:
- Sibling Quota Some schools prioritize siblings of existing students.
- Alumni A few DPS branches give preference to children of DPS alumni.
- Distance Many schools have a distance criterion, where preference is given to children residing closer to the school.
- Girl Child Some branches promote gender diversity by offering extra points for female applicants.
Draw of Lots
In cases where the number of applicants exceeds the available seats, a draw of lots may be conducted to ensure transparency and fairness in the selection process. This is especially true for Nursery admissions.
Some DPS branches may require an interaction or interview as part of the admission process, especially for higher classes. This is to assess the child’s readiness for the grade applied for.
Once selected, parents will receive an admission offer from the school. It’s important to respond promptly to secure the seat. Admission offers typically include details about the required documents and fees.
Here is the fee structure for the DPS school. Do note that it can vary depending on where the institution is based. Below is the fee structure for 2023-24 for the DPS Dwaraka Expressway, Gurugram.
|Admission Charges||Annual Charges|
|Registration Fee||Admission Fee||Caution Money|
|INR 1800||INR 40,250||INR 11,500||INR 28,750|
|Quarterly Regular Expenses||Total Fees|
|Pre Nursery (KG)||INR 31,277|
|1-2nd standard||INR 32,819|
|3-5th standard||INR 33,369|
|6-8th standard||INR 34,581|
|9th standard||INR 36,781|
|10th standard||INR 38,433|
|11-12th standard||INR 37,995|
|Optional Quarterly Transport Charges||Total Fees|
|Zero-5 Km||INR 11,400|
|More than 5 Km & 10 Km||INR 12,300|
|More than 10 Km & 15 Km||INR 13,200|
|More than 15 Km & 20 Km||INR 14,400|
|Optional Meal||Total Fees|
|Pre-Nursery – KG||INR 5,750|
|1-2nd standard||INR 5,750|
|3rd- 12th standard||INR 6,210|
Ans. Interested students can apply for admission to DPS Noida by registering for admissions, and by giving the entrance exams. However, the final result will be announced after the interactions between the parents and the student with the principal.
Ans. The best DPS schools in India are the DPS R.K Puram, DPS Kolkata, and DPS Vasant Kunj.
Ans. DPS is the largest public institution in India to be affiliated with CBSE.
Since its inception, the Delhi Public School has become one of the most popular public schools in India. The school is affiliated with the CBSE and is known for academic excellence and for focusing on the overall development of the student.