Providing a high-quality education at a reasonable cost is one of Kendriya Vidyalaya’s main objectives. The admissions process at Kendriya Vidyalaya is incredibly challenging and well-known throughout the nation. Getting your child admitted or wanting to teach as an educator in this university are neither easy tasks. Through this blog, we will walk you through the entire process of Kendriya Vidyalaya admission and all it takes to get your child admitted into it.
|Advertisement Release Date||February 2023|
|Class||1st to 12th Class|
|Eligibility||Passing certificate/mark sheet of previous class and Migration Certificate is required.|
|KVS Admission 2023-24 Notification||February 2023|
|KVS Online Admission Form 2023-24 start date||February 2023|
|1st Provisional Allotment list||1st March 2023|
|2nd Provisional Admission List||10th March 2023|
|3rd Admission List||15th March 2023|
|Documents Required for Admission||Migration certificate, Transfer Certificate, Passing Certificate, Birth Certificate and more|
|Last Date to submit KVS online form for class 1||March 2023|
|Admission deadline for all courses, with the exception of class XI||June 6, 2023|
|Closing date of admission for class-XI||30 days following the date the CBSE released the class-X results|
This Blog Includes:
- Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission Process 2023-24
- Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission Requirements for 2023–24
- Priority Order For Civil/Defence Sector KVS
- Kendriya Vidyalaya Reservation System
- Admission to Kendriya Vidyalaya for Class 1 in 2023–2024
- Admissions to Kendriya Vidyalaya for Classes 2 to 8 in 2023–24
- Admission to Kendriya Vidyalaya for Class 9 in 2023–24
- Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission 2023-24 for Class 11
- Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission-Tie-Breaking Criteria
- Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission 2023-24 for Class 10th-12th
- KV Admission Fee Structure
Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission Process 2023-24
The KVS admissions application procedure has already started for 2023–24. Any class from first grade to twelfth grade may begin the admissions process for interested students. It is crucial to remember that admissions paperwork must be turned in before the deadline. Defence applicants are given priority admission, next central government personnel, then unreserved applications, and finally all other applicants.
Each class has a set upper age limit, and admission is subject to a number of requirements. For admission to KVS in 2023–24, one must have finished the previous class and acquired a certificate from an accredited board. The overall process to move forward with the admissions process is described below:
- Log in to the official website
- Read all the instructions/admission requirements and guidelines carefully.
- Fill Kendriya Vidyalaya admission form on the official website
- Download the admission list of KVs
- Submit relevant documents at KVs
- Deposit the fee.
Also Read: Top 10 CBSE Schools in India
Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission Requirements for 2023–24
One must follow the age requirements listed for the intended class.
|Name of the Class||KVS Admission 2023-24 Age Limit|
|1st Class||5-7 years|
|2nd Class||6-8 years|
|3rd Class||7-9 years|
|4th Class||8-10 years|
|5th Class||9-11 years|
|6th Class||10-12 years|
|7th Class||11-13 years|
|8th Class||12-14 years|
|9th Class||13-15 years|
|10th Class||14-16 years|
|11th Class||15-17 years|
|12th Class||16-18 years|
Priority Order For Civil/Defence Sector KVS
Children are admitted to Kendriya Vidyalayas based on the priority of their category. The preference order is given below in the table:
|Order of Preference||Children (Transferable, and non-transferable)|
|1st||Ex-servicemen and officials of the central government|
|2nd||Employees of the Indian government’s autonomous organizations, public sector companies, or higher education institutions|
|3rd||Officials of state government|
|4th||Employees of state governments’ autonomous agencies and public sector organizations.|
|5th||Children from different groups and officials from other countries.|
Kendriya Vidyalaya Reservation System
Ten of the 40 seats in each class and in each Kendriya Vidyalaya are set aside for students in the SC, ST, and physically disabled categories.
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||15%|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||7.5%|
|Other Backward Classes (OBC-NCL)||27%|
|Physically Disable (PH)||3%|
Also Read: Best Schools in Delhi
Admission to Kendriya Vidyalaya for Class 1 in 2023–2024
There won’t be an entrance exam for class 1 KVS admissions in 2023. The seats are allocated as mentioned below:
First Slot: In this phase, 10 seats out of 40 are filled in accordance with RTE requirements by picking names at random from all applications submitted by SC/ST/EWS/BPL/OBC/children with disabilities.
Second Slot: Lottery for students with disabilities in the SC/ST/OBCNCL/unreserved categories in accordance with the priority category system.
Third Slot: The remaining slots for KV entrance 2023–2024 will be filled in accordance with the category 1 and 2 priority system already in place.
Fourth Slot: Regardless of the authorised strength, the remaining seats designated for SC/ST/OBC-NCL students will be filled by admitting SC/ST/OBC-NCL students in accordance with admission priorities.
Fifth Slot: If any seat is vacant, then priority category 3 onwards will be taken up for kvsonlineadmission.kvs.gov.in 2023 admission.
Admissions to Kendriya Vidyalaya for Classes 2 to 8 in 2023–24
- There will be no admission test for class 2 to 8 KV admission 2023.
- The seats are given to the students as per the priority category allotment system.
- In case the number of students is more than the number of seats, then the lottery system is usually followed in each category.
Admission to Kendriya Vidyalaya for Class 9 in 2023–24
- An admission test is conducted for class 9th students for admission, after which a merit list is prepared for each category separately.
- The test comprises Hindi, Math, English, Social Science subjects and Science
- Duration: 3 hours
- 100 marks
- Minimum qualifying marks are 33% for the general category and 25% for the reserved categories.
Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission 2023-24 for Class 11
KV admission in class 11 in different subjects will be given to the students as per their aggregate marks in the class 10th examination as given below:
|Humanities||All Passed KV students|
Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission-Tie-Breaking Criteria
- If two or more students have equal marks in class 10th then the inter-se-merit of such students will be decided on the basis of marks obtained in Maths.
- If the scores are tied, the elder candidate will be given preference before the scores in math and science are taken into account.
- The older student will be given preference for KVS admission for the academic year 2023–2024 if they both received the same marks in math and science.
- If seats are still available after KV students have been admitted, non-KV students may be admitted to KV schools using the previously mentioned priority category approach.
Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission 2023-24 for Class 10th-12th
The Deputy Commissioner of the Region will open class 10th and 12th KV admission in 2023 depending on the number of students in each grade level that is fewer than 40. These admissions will be granted in accordance with the following standards:
- The Child must be studying in a CBSE-affiliated school
- A student must have scored an aggregate of 55% marks in class 9 or 11 exams respectively.
- The students have to choose from the available combinations of subjects in Kendriya Vidyalayas.
Also Read: Top 10 Boarding Schools in India
KV Admission Fee Structure
|Admission Fee||Rs 25/-|
|Re-Admission Fee||Rs 100/-|
|Class IX & X (Boys)||Rs 200/-|
|Class XI & XII Commerce & Humanities (Boys)||Rs 300/-|
|Class XI & XII Science (Boys)||Rs 400/-|
|Class III onwards wherever Computer Education is being imparted||Rs 100/-|
|Computer Science Fee (For selective subjects)+2 stage||Rs 150/-|
|Vidyalaya Vikas Nidhi (Class I-XII)||Rs 500/-|
Ans. Given that the online registration period for KV Class 1 admission 2023–24 was supposed to open in February 2023, it has already begun.
Ans. A total of 40 students are accepted into each KV, in each section. However, the Principal of the Vidyalaya may increase the class size to 50 on the basis of certain provisions.
Ans. There is no fee to apply online for KVS admission 2023.
We hope you must have got all the information regarding the admission process of Kendriya Vidyalaya. Follow Leverage Edu for more interesting updates.