GD Goenka Public School Vasant Kunj is a part of the GD Goenka group’s public schools. The school was established to commemorate the memory of the late Smt. Gayatri Devi Goenka, the mother of the chairman, Mr.A.K Goenka. It is a co-ed English medium school located in the prime location of Delhi. The school is affiliated with CBSE and provides education to the nursery to 12th-standard students. The GD Goenka school takes pride in being one of the first schools to introduce air-conditioned schools with high tech-gym, air-conditioned buses with communication facilities, and other essentials. Today, the school has over 25,00 students and the teacher-student ratio stand at 1:15. Keep reading to know more about the GD Goenka Public School admission criteria, GD Goenka Public School Fees Structure, GD Goenka Public School address, and more.
|School Name||GD Goenka Public School Vasant Kunj Delhi|
|Year of establishment||1994|
|Managed By||G.R Goenka Education Society|
|Medium of instruction||English|
|Nursery admission age limit||3-4 years|
|Phone number||+9111-26122723, +9111-26122722|
|GD Goenka Public School Vasan Kunj Address||India Bank, Bhagwan Mahaveer Rd, opposite Sout, Pocket 8, Sector B, Vasant Kunj, ND-70|
This Blog Includes:
Why Study at the GD Goenka Public School?
Students can study at the GD Goenka school Vasant Kunj for the following reasons.
- Gain high-quality education at a prime location in Delhi
- The latest educational aids, equipment and facilities are provided
- The GD Goenka Vasant Kunj school upholds the highest standard when it comes to safety, security, and hygiene
- Provides other essential facilities such as air conditioning and a high-tech gym
- Gives importance to a student’s overall development by focusing on sports, music, dance, and arts and crafts
Also Read: How to get free education from abroad
The GD Goenka Public School Vasant Kunj admission requirements include the following
- The age limit of the new student should be more than 3 and less than 4 years as of 31st March 2023
- Candidates belonging to EWS and disadvantages category will get 37 seat reservation
- The general category students will have 83 seats and the management quota will include only 30 seats.
- The admission criteria are also made on the below parameters
|Parameter||GD Goenka Junior School Vasan Kunj specific criteria||Points|
|Sibling||Applicable to the students who are already a part of the GDGPS||20|
|Girl child or firstborn||None||20|
|Neighbourhood (Distance based on google map)||Up to 10km||40|
|Alumni||Any parent who has cleared the 12th standard from GDGPS||20|
|Total Points||100 points|
The admission process for the GD Goenka Public school course admissions is as follows.
- At first, the parents have to start the application process by registering on the school website on behalf of their child
- Next, upload all details including the points secured by the child
- Submit the form with all relevant documents at the school reception
- The school will then release the list of the shortlisted candidates including the waiting list
- There will be two lists put forward by the school and the names of the selected candidates will be mentioned on that.
Below is the list of dates for GD Goenka admission 2023-24
|Uploading the criteria and points||28-11-22|
|Admission process commencement||1-12-2022|
|Availability of online admission forms||1-12-2022|
|Last date of receipt of applications||23-12-2022|
|Uploading details of children who applied under the open seat||06-1-2023|
|Uploading marks as per the point system to children who applied under the open seat||13-01-2023|
|The draw of lots, if any||Will be notified on the school board or website|
|The first list of the GD Goenka Vasant Kunj school||20-01-2023|
|Second list of the GD Goenka Vasant Kunj school||06-02-2023|
|The subsequent list of admissions, if any||01-03-2023|
|Closure of the admission process of the GD Goenka Vasant Kunj school||17-03-2023|
Also read-Current education system in India
The following documents are required to get admission to GD Goenka public school. Parents must submit the same to the school
- Birth certificate of the child and residence proof such as passport, voter ID, Aadhaar card, electricity bill, and MTNL telephone bill
- Proof of the sibling, if applicable
- Affidavit regarding the firstborn child, if applicable
- In the case of a single parent, the death certificate of the spouse
- Prood of Alumni, if applicable. For example, the 12th certificate, or transfer certificate of the parent
- Google map printout of distance from school to residence
Below is the GD Goenka Vasant Kunj fees. Parents need to pay the fees to complete the admission process. Do note that the admission fee, caution money, and orientation charges are one-time fees
|GD Goenka Vasant Kunj Admission Fee||GD Goenka Vasant Kunj Caution Money (Refundable)||GD Goenka Vasant Kunj Orientation charges|
|GD Goenka Vasant Kunj Annual Charges||Annual Development charge of the GD Goenka Vasant Kunj school||Monthly School Charges|
|INR 20,000 (1-10th standard )INR 24,000 (11-12th standard)||INR 16000 (1-10th standard )INR 18,000 (11-12th standard)||INR 10,07– INR 11,970(depending upon the class of the student)|
Also Read- CBSE class 11 computer science
Ans. The full form of GD Goenka Public School is the Gayatri Devi Goenka. The name is that of the chairman’s mother and the school was built in memory of her.
Ans. No Mobile phones are not allowed on the premises. Students can use the school telephone with the permission of the Principal in case of emergency.
Ans. The average yearly salary of the GD Goenka teacher is INR 2,50,547. It is 6% greater than India’s average salary for teachers.
GD Goenka Public School is a well-recognised school in Delhi. The school offers facilities such as smart classes, a music room, a volleyball court, a swimming pool, a computer lab, a chemistry lab, a biology lab, a cricket ground, a mathematics lab, a medical centre, and an auditorium. Thus, education and the overall development of the student are taken care of. To read more about such blogs, check Leverage edu.