Paramedical courses are study programs that provide an ample amount of knowledge and training related to healthcare fields such as medical lab technology, radiology, nursing, physiotherapy, etc to the learners. These courses are designed to equip students with all the necessary skills to assist medical professionals like doctors and surgeons while diagnosing and treating patients. If you just completed your schooling and looking for a course to pursue after your 12th then you should definitely consider checking out the top 5 paramedical courses as they have a very lucrative job prospect too. According to some statistics, the probability of getting a job is around 90% in an individual is in the field of medicine or has strong knowledge of the medical background so continue reading to unveil more about it.
This Blog Includes:
- Why Study Paramedical Courses?
- Top 5 Paramedical Courses After 12th
- Other Paramedical Courses after 12th (Science)
- Other Paramedical Courses after 12th (Arts)
- Top 5 Colleges for Paramedical Courses after 12th
- Eligibility for Paramedical Courses
- Application Process for Paramedical Courses
Why Study Paramedical Courses?
You may think why should I consider pursuing a Paramedical course in India, so we have hand-picked some of the benefits of these courses and listed them below:
- Paramedical courses are relatively shorter and less expensive than studying other courses in the field of medicine. For example- MBBS
- These courses can even be pursued after the 10th or 12th depending on the level of the course
- As we mentioned earlier these courses provide diverse options to choose from in the field of medicine according to your interest. Examples- Nursing, Physiotherapy, Radiology
- Due to the high demand in this sector pursuing a paramedical course can help you future-proof your career and they also offer good salary packages and further career growth opportunities.
- As Paramedical Courses provide hands-on training you will get practical exposure
Also Read- Courses in Biology after 12th Except MBBS
Top 5 Paramedical Courses After 12th
Here are the top 5 paramedical courses opted for by students after 12th:
Bsc Radiology is an undergraduate course where learners learn about radiology ie. treating or diagnosing patients with the help of visualization techniques such as X-rays and ultrasound. This is a 3 years course where applicants are required to be from the science stream to be eligible and average fees can be around INR 2-10 Lakh depending on the colleges
Nursing plays a vital role in the healthcare industry where they also play the supplement role of doctors while treating and diagnosing patients. BSc Nursing is an undergraduate course and the duration can range around 3 to 4 years. Applicants should be from a science background and have at least a 50% aggregated score while clearing their 12th. The Course fee can vary between 1 to 5 Lakh depending on the college.
BSc Medical Lab Technology
BSc Medical Lab Technology provides learners with a deep understanding of lab equipment that is used to test samples of patients which also plays a pivotal role in diagnosing and treating patients as both doctors and nurses rely on these test results. This is an undergraduate course and the duration is 3 years. The averages fees can vary from INR 1-3 Lakh depending on the college
Diploma in Physiotherapy
One of the important aspects of the healthcare sector is Physiotherapy as this can treat injuries, pain, or dysfunctions of the human body through exercises and other techniques. Diploma in Physiotherapy is a course where the applicant needs to be from the science stream and this is one of the shortest courses where the duration may range from 1 year to 2 years.
The average course can vary from INR 1 Lakh to 2 Lakh.
BSc in Optometry
BSc in Optometry provides learners with deep knowledge about the understanding problems associated with the vision of a human being and treating them accordingly. For example, damage from UV radiation, conjunctivitis, etc. This is also an undergraduate course and the course duration is 4 years. A candidate needs to be from a PCM stream with a minimum 50% aggregated score in 12th. The average course fee can vary from INR 3 to 5 Lakh depending on the college.
Also Read- Top Medical Courses
Other Paramedical Courses after 12th (Science)
Here is a list of other paramedical courses that you can consider pursuing after 12th science:
|Course Name||Duration||Average Fees|
|Bachelor of Occupational Therapy||3 to 5 Years||INR 2 to 4 Lakh|
|BSc Audiology and Speech Therapy||3 Years||INR 1 to 5 Lakh|
|Diploma in OT||2 Years||INR 50,000|
|BSc Dialysis Therapy||3 Years||INR 2 to 4 Lakh|
Other Paramedical Courses after 12th (Arts)
Even if you are from an arts background you can do these paramedic certificate-based courses that are provided by IGNOU:
- Certificate in HIV and Family Education
- Certificate in Nutrition and Childcare
Top 5 Colleges for Paramedical Courses after 12th
Here are the top 5 colleges in India that provide specialized paramedical courses:
- AIIMS, Delhi
- CMC, Vellore
- M.S Ramiah Medical College, Bangalore
- St, John’s Medical College, Bangalore
- Manipal Academy of Higher Education, Manipal
Eligibility for Paramedical Courses
Here are the basic eligibility criteria that you need to fulfill to enroll yourself in a Paramedical study program:
- Applicant must hold a 10+2 passing certificate from a PCB stream
- You should have an aggregated score of 50% in 12th
- For some colleges, you need to appear for exams like NEET to take an admission
Must Read- Medical Courses Without NEET
Application Process for Paramedical Courses
The application process is pretty simple and straightforward, kindly take a look below:
- Choose a paramedic course according to your liking and interest and check if you are eligible for that
- Search for a suitable University providing that course or may choose from the top colleges list that we have mentioned earlier
- Visit the official website of the selected college and check the admission formalities and it should redirect you to the admission form page.
- Fill out the application form with all the necessary information and provides the documents that are asked for and submit your application. (Some colleges may charge a certain amount to submit an application form)
After completing a paramedical course the gates of multiple job opportunities will be opened for you, you can get an average salary of 3 Lakh p.a in the field of nursing, or you can earn up to INR 4.8 Lakh p.a as a fresher audiology therapist and much more. It all depends on your skills in that relative field.
If you find the medical industry astonishing and want to learn more for a better job opportunity or practice independently then, yes you definitely can pursue MBBS after a paramedical course.
As this study program/ profession involves the treatment of patients, so there is no room to make mistakes. An individual should have a great sense of responsibility for this particular field
As this job is more like a responsibility you face time management issues with your family or may create a bit of imbalance in your personal life
This was everything related to the top 5 paramedical courses after 12th. If you wish to learn more about other interesting topics you can subscribe to Leverage Edu Blogs. You can also follow and connect with us through our socials like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn.