A popular name in the paramedical course list, Physiotherapy is an area of study which is among medical science courses is a pathway preferred by candidates with a Bipc subject combination. While most of the students with Biology along with MPC subjects opt for MBBS or BDS, some plan to explore the domain of paramedical. Physiotherapy can be defined as a profession of assisting people to maintain, restore and intensify their body strengths. It is also termed as Physical Therapy. We present you a blog, that covers all the twist and turns Physiotherapy courses entails!
This Blog Includes:
What is Physiotherapy?
Physiotherapy courses are based on science that deals with wellbeing and health of a people resulting in a better lifestyle. It can help people with backache, sudden injury, asthmatic condition, pelvic issues, lung problems, bowel problems, muscle strength, etc. Based on different conditions associated with the body, physios exhibit knowledge in the following:
Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease
Whiplash Associated Disorder
Sports Injuries, Arthritis
|Cardiovascular||Chronic Heart Disease |
Rehabilitation After a Heart Attack
Physiotherapy Degrees & Diplomas
In modern times, a plethora of Physiotherapy courses are available in the field of physiotherapy ranging from short term diploma courses to postgraduate degree programs. Here is a brief description of degree programs offered by universities across the globe:
Diploma in physiotherapy
- It is a professional course falls under medical nursing can be opted after 10+2 educational level.
- You should be from a science background cleared from any recognised board.
- One who has a diploma in physiotherapy can be hired as per best of their capabilities as a researcher, a professor, manager of therapy, assistant physiotherapist, lecturer, can run the private clinic as a physiotherapist.
- Diploma holders in physiotherapy are professionals of human movement performance, physical movement and function etc.
Bachelors in physiotherapy
- It is an advanced undergraduate degree to be completed in 4 years.
- It includes physical movement solely focusing on preventing disease and 6 months of internship at the clinic.
- In order to pursue this course, you have to be passed out of 10+2 from a recognised educational board.
- At the end, of the bachelors in physiotherapy, you will be an expert of therapeutic exercise, manual therapy and curing a range of diseases of a spinal injury to stress-related issues.
Masters in Physiotherapy
- The Master’s degree in physiotherapy is a 2-year full time-based program which is skilling students in case discussions, practical exercises in the field, seminars, assignments, dissertation and internships.
- The two-year degree expands the horizons of students in collaborative learning and group-based discussions.
- In order to pursue this course, you need to have a bachelors degree either in the same field or health science degree from the recognised educational university with 50% of aggregate marks.
List of Physiotherapy Courses
Here is a list of Physiotherapy courses offered by the leading educational institutes across the globe:
- BSc Physiotherapy
- Sports therapy and rehabilitation (Bsc) Hons
- Sports Therapy and Rehabilitation with Foundation Year BSc (Hons)
- Strength, Conditioning and Rehabilitation BSc (Hons)
- Strength, Conditioning and Rehabilitation with Foundation Year BSc (Hons)
- PGD / Diploma in Physiotherapy
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy
- Bachelor of Health Science
- Bachelor of Applied Sciences
- Master of Physiotherapy
- Master of Health Practises
- Master of Advanced Physiotherapy Practices
Leverage Edu Reviews has formulated a list of universities that offers Physiotherapy courses to students:
- Curtin University
- University of South Australia
- University of Birmingham
- University of Otago
- The University of Sydney
- Monash University
- The University of Queensland
- Charles Sturt University
- Kansas State University
- University of Illinois
Jobs After Physiotherapy Courses
The table given below enlists the careers and jobs candidates can take up after pursuing completing a course in the very field:
|Hospitals||Public Health Units||Private Clinics|
|Home Care |
|Rehabilitation Centres||Child Development |
|Sports Clinics |
The table below represents the areas of study that can be taken after completing Physiotherapy courses:
|Cardio Respirology||Seniors Health||Neurosciences|
|Private Practice||Research||Women’s Health|
Surely, the market of physiotherapy courses & scope is expanding, however, the dearth of skilful physiotherapists is prevalent. All you need to have the zeal to excel in the field, rest can be done by Leverage Edu. We will make sure that you reach to the best university with the help of our AI tool and expert counsellors and have a bright future ahead!