The graphic designing course focuses on making a student proficient in various software, tools, and techniques that would help in designing graphics for electronic and print media. Students who are interested in this interesting and creative field can choose amongst diploma, certificate, and undergraduate graphic design courses after the 12th according to their preference and convenience. Are you also looking for graphic design courses after the 12th? If the answer is yes, then this blog will surely help you.
|Course Name||Graphic Design|
|Mode of Application||Online and Offline|
|Eligibility||The student should have completed class 12th from a recognised board.|
|Popular Colleges||National Institute of Fashion Design- Delhi, Pearl Academy- Kolkata, MITID- Pune, etc.|
|Fee Structure||INR 5,000 – 20 Lakh|
This Blog Includes:
- What is Graphic Designing?
- Various Subjects Under Graphic Designing Courses
- Various Graphic Designing Courses After 12th
- Admission Process
- Eligibility Criteria
- Top Colleges to Pursue Graphic Designing Courses
- Various Companies Where Graphic Designers Can Work
- Job Profiles and Salaries
- Salary of a Graphic Designer at Some of the Top Companies
What is Graphic Designing?
The art of blending texts, pictures, and ideas together to communicate a particular message creatively is known as Graphic Designing. The students who complete the graphic design courses work in digital media agencies, web development companies, print media, etc. While pursuing graphic design courses a student gets to learn new software tools and techniques which are essential to create graphics effectively.
Various Subjects Under Graphic Designing Courses
Following is the list of the subjects that are taught to students in graphic designing courses:
- Graphic Design Software and Tools
- Image Layout and Effects
- Illustration and Shaping
- Vector Graphics
- Corel Draw
- Computer Fundamentals
- Art and Visual Communication
Various Graphic Designing Courses After 12th
There are various programs available in the field of graphic design which include diplomas, certificates, and online and undergraduate courses.
1. BA in Graphic Design – It focuses on the elements of design which include symmetry, contrast, balance, and flow. It is one of the best graphic design courses after 12th as it teaches innovative and conflict-resolving talents, sensory and reasoning abilities, visualization of 3D and 2D geometric patterns, etc. all of which are important skills that a graphic designer should have. The duration of this course is around 3-4 years which depends on the college or university.
2. Bsc in Graphic Design – This course includes techniques related to font, illustration, and photographs. Students who pursue this graphic design course get adept at creating direct mail pieces, websites, pamphlets, landing pages, portfolios, graphics, novels, etc. The duration of this undergraduate course in graphic design is around 3 years.
3. B.Des Graphic Design – This course includes symbols, pictures, and illustrations. It helps the students to develop skills like creating images, analyzing logic, and expressing ideas. The duration of this course is around 4 years.
4. Online Graphic Design Certificate Courses – It is available on various platforms like Coursera, Udemy, Shaw Academy, etc. It helps students get skilled in Photoshop, InDesign, Adobe Illustrator, etc. The best part of taking up an online course is that a student can complete it according to their own pace and convenience.
Also Read: Graphic Design Courses
Following is the basic/general admission process for graphic design courses after the 12th.
- Select the universities and colleges that offer graphic design courses and check their eligibility criteria to make sure that you are able to fulfill all the requirements.
- Go through the reviews of the students about the universities that you have selected and make sure you also check their curriculum of graphic design courses.
- Now, go to the official websites of these universities and colleges and fill out their online application for admission to graphic design courses.
- Attach all the necessary documents and check all the details that you have mentioned in order to avoid any mistakes.
- Pay the application fee and submit it.
The eligibility criteria may differ from university to university but the basic eligibility criteria for graphic design courses after 12th is that the student should have completed class 12th from a recognized board of India with at least 50% marks. Also, some universities and colleges may also ask the candidate to sit for an entrance exam. Some of the popular entrance exams in the field of graphic designing are – SEED, AIEED, NID, CUCET, etc.
Top Colleges to Pursue Graphic Designing Courses
With the advent of social media and the increase in the demand for graphic designers in the job market, there have been various colleges and universities both private and government that have started offering Graphic design courses.
Private Colleges Offering Graphic Designing Courses
The table below represents various private colleges offering Graphic Design courses after the 12th:
|College Name||Fees (in INR)|
|World University of Design, Sonepat||2-13 Lakh|
|School of Design, Dehradun||9-12 Lakh|
|MIT-ADT University, Pune||7-13 Lakh|
|Indian Institute of Art & Design, Delhi||20 Lakh|
|Chandigarh University||2.4 Lakhs|
|CGC Landran, Chandigarh||2.2 Lakhs|
|D Y Patil Unievrsity, Pune||8 Lakh|
|J D Institute of Fashion Technology, Bangalore||8 Lakh|
|Pearl Academy, Delhi||2-10 Lakh|
|Vogue Institute of Art & Design, Bangalore||1-6 Lakh|
Government Colleges Offering Graphic Designing Courses
The table below represents various government colleges offering Graphic Design courses after the 12th:
|College Name||Fees (in INR)|
|National Institute of Electronics & IT, Manipur||NA|
|National Institute of Electronics & IT, Chandigarh||4,000- 10,000|
|NID, Ahmedabad||11-15 Lakh|
|Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Gorakhpur University||5,000|
|NIFT, Delhi||1 Lakh|
|NIELIT, Delhi||5,000 – 7,000|
Various Companies Where Graphic Designers Can Work
Graphic Designers get to explore various types of companies and industries as it comes under the marketing and communications field. Following is the list of various types of companies where graphic designers work:
- Web Design Firms
- Website development firms
- Graphic design firms
- Printing and publishing firms
- Advertising firms
- Production companies for television and multimedia
- E-learning businesses
Must Read: How to Build a Promising Career in Digital Marketing
Job Profiles and Salaries
A student gets an opportunity to explore various job prospects after completing a Graphic Design course. The table below represents various career options available in the field of Graphic Designing and their respective salaries:
|Communication Designer||INR 2 Lakh –INR 4 Lakh|
|Multimedia Designer||INR 3 Lakh – INR 6 Lakh|
|UI Designer||INR 4 Lakh|
|Flash Animator||INR 3 Lakh|
|Graphic Designer||INR 3 Lakh – INR 5 Lakh|
|Layout Designer||INR 11.00 Lakh|
|Web Designer||INR 3 Lakh – INR 4 Lakh|
|Editorial Designer||INR 3 Lakh – INR 5 Lakh|
Also Read: Career in Graphic Designing
Salary of a Graphic Designer at Some of the Top Companies
While looking for a job, a candidate should always strive to work at top companies as they provide a lot of exposure which helps in both professional and personal development. The table below represents some of the popular companies that hire graphic designers along with the salaries they offer.
|EY (Ernst & Young)||INR 7.30 Lakh|
|Deloitte||INR 5.50 Lakh|
|Vistaprint Inc||INR 2.10 Lakh|
|Designer Graphics||INR 3.60 Lakh|
|Graphic Design, Inc.||INR 3.00 Lakh|
|IKEA||INR 2.25 Lakh|
|Decathlon Group||INR 3.40 Lakh|
|Accenture||INR 4.50 Lakh|
Ans: Following are some of the best graphic design courses after the 12th:
–BA (Hons.) 3D Design
-BA (Hons.) Graphic Communication
-BA (Hons.) Graphic Design
Ans: Yes, you can pursue any of the graphic design courses after the 12th. Irrespective of any stream pursued by the student, graphic design courses can be taken up by anyone provided that the student should have completed class 12th from a recognized board.
Ans: A bachelor’s degree in Graphic Designing has been a common route for students to enter this creative field and learn important skills required to become a skilled Graphic Designer.
Ans: To become a graphic designer a student can take up any certificate, diploma, undergraduate or postgraduate program to learn the important skills required to crack this field.
We hope you like our blog where we tried to cover comprehensive information about Graphic Design courses after the 12th. For more such informative articles keep following Leverage Edu.