Admission to most of the UG and PG courses at Banaras Hindu University is done through CUET-UG and CUET-PG, which are conducted by the National Testing Agency. The CUET-UG for 2023 is scheduled to be held on June 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, and 23 of 2023, and the CUET-PG on June 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, and 30 of 2023. Other than these two tests, there are many other exams that are accepted at Banaras Hindu University, and the university conducts its own entrance exam for many courses.
Banaras Hindu University is approved by the UGC and given an “A” grade by the NAAC for accreditation. According to the NIRF Ranking 2023, BHU is among India’s top five universities. Over 30,000 students live on campus, making it Asia’s largest residential university. In this article, you can find comprehensive information on Banaras Hindu University’s courses, fees, eligibility requirements, ranking, admissions procedure, results, placement records, and much more.
Banaras Hindu University Rankings
The credibility and eminence of a university are determined by its performance, reputation, and ranking by prominent organisations, among many other things. It is one of the most important criteria for choosing the best university for students. The higher the ranking, the better the performance and experience at the university. Here, we have listed a few rankings achieved by Banaras Hindu University in 2022–2023.
|NIRF||Overall Category -11th|
|QS world ranking||1001-1200|
|Outlook India||6th in India|
|Times Higher Education||601-800|
This Blog Includes:
- Banaras Hindu University Rankings
- Courses and Fees Structure
- Banaras Hindu University Application Process
- Banaras Hindu University Results
- Banaras Hindu University Counselling Documents
- Banaras Hindu University Counseling Process
- Online Preference Entry Form
- On-Campus Offline Counselling Process
- Fee Payment
- Banaras Hindu University Placements
- Frequently Asked Questions
Must Read: Banaras Hindu University Placements
Courses and Fees Structure
Banaras Hindu University offers many undergraduate, graduate, doctoral, UG Diploma, PG Diploma, and certificate programmes in science, engineering, management, humanities, architecture, medicine, and education, among other disciplines. You can check the courses, their eligibility criteria, and total tuition fees in the table given below:
|Courses||Eligibility||Total tuition fee|
|B.A||12th with 50% + CUET||INR 5,870 – 11,890|
|B.A (Hons.)||12th with 50% + CUET||INR 5,870 – 11,890|
|B.Sc.||12th with 50% + CUET||INR 600 – 35,460|
|B.Sc.(Hons.)||12th with 50% + CUET||INR 19,750|
|M.Sc.||Graduation with 50-60%+ CUET-PG, BHU-PET, ICAR AIEEA, IIT JAM||INR 10,430 – 59,420|
|M.A||Graduation with 50%+ CUET-PG, BHU-PET||INR 9,020 – 10,930|
|B.Com.||12th with 50% + CUET||INR 11,890|
|M.Com.||Graduation with 50%+ CUET-PG||INR 10,730|
|B.Voc.||12th with 50% + CUET||INR 11,890|
|MBA, PGDM||Graduation with 50%+ CUET-PG, BHU-PET, CAT||INR 10,230 – 1 lac|
|B.A.LLB.||12th with 50% + CUET||INR 11,400|
|LLB||Graduation with 50% + CUET||INR 13,690|
|LLM||Graduation with 50%+ CUET-PG||INR 5,410 – 11,330|
|BFA||12th with 50% + CUET||INR 6,250|
|BPA||12th with 50% + CUET||INR 6,250|
|MPA||Graduation with 50%+ CUET-PG||INR 9,530|
|B.tech, B.E.||12th with 75%+ JEE, CUET||INR 37,320 – 10.63 lacs|
|M.E/ M.tech||B. tech with 55%-60% + GATE, COAP, ICAR AIEEA, CUET-PG, GPAT||INR 12,520 – 10.63 lacs|
|B.Ed.||Graduation with 50%+ CUET-PG+ BHU-UT||INR 15,220 – 17,620|
|M.Ed.||Graduation with 50%+ CUET-PG+ BHU-UT||INR 17,620|
|B.P.Ed||Graduation with 50%+ CUET-PG||INR 8,330|
|B. Pharma||12th with 50% + CUET||—|
|M. Pharma||B. Pharma with 50% + GPAT||INR 40,000|
|B. Arch||12th with 50% + JEE, AAT, NATA||INR 10.63 lacs|
|MBBS||12th with 50% + NEET UG||INR 1.49 lacs|
|MS||NEET PG||INR 1.22 lacs|
|MD||NEET PG||INR 1.22 lacs|
|MDS||NEET MDS||INR 1.08 lacs|
|DM||NEET SS||INR 1.21 lacs|
|M. Ch.||NEET SS||INR 1.21 lacs|
|BDS||12th with 50% + NEET UG||INR 1.67 lacs|
|B.A.M.S||12th with 50% + NEET UG||—|
|Ph.D.||BHU-RET, GATE||INR 4,500 – 88,440|
|U.G Diploma||12th with 50% + BHU UET||INR 3,000- 85,000|
|P.G Diploma||Graduation with 50%+ CUET-PG, BHU UET, BHU PET, NEET PG, AIPGET, JEECUP||INR 2,500 – 6 lacs|
|Certificate||12th with 45%- 50%, graduation with 50%+ BHU UET, CUET, CUET-PG,||INR 1,200 – 80,000|
Banaras Hindu University Application Process
The Banaras Hindu University Application form is out now, and it is available only on the official website of Banaras Hindu University. The process is very easy and can be completed in a few steps. Before applying to any programme at BHU, make sure you fulfill the eligibility criteria. Keep all the documents at hand and read the instructions carefully. Finally, follow the given steps to fill out the Banaras Hindu University Application.
- Go to BHUonline.in.
- Click on the “Apply for Admission” tab.
- Select one from UET for UG courses and PET for PG courses.
- Click on the “online application” option.
- Now, register yourself by clicking on the applicant login box.
- Fill out the registration form and click on the “sign up” button once you have completed the form.
- After successful registration, a confirmation text will be displayed on your screen.
- After that, you will get a verification and activation email.
- After activation of your account, log in to your account using the login credentials.
- Enter your email and password to log in.
- After that, the application form will be displayed on your screen.
- Fill out the application form by completing the required identity-related details carefully.
- Select your desired course.
- Next, complete the form by filling out the personal details, academic details, address, etc.
- Review the form and click on “final submit.”
- After that, enter the educational details, upload the required documents, signatures, and photographs in a valid format, and submit the application form.
- Choose the university and course preference, and fill in other details like language or ancillary subjects.
- Provide your bank account details in case you need a cancellation or refund in the future.
- Review your application form and click “confirm and submit.”
- Lastly, make the payment for a successful application.
Banaras Hindu University Results
Banaras Hindu University offers most of the courses in a two-semester structure. The semester exam is conducted in September (even semester) and December (odd semester). The notification of the result is announced on BHUonline. After each exam, the result can be accessed by logging in to the student portal. However, those who are appearing for the Banaras Hindu University exam can get the result on the official website of the Banaras Hindu University. Students can check out their results by following the below process.
- Visit the official website of Banaras Hindu University at bhu.ucanapply.com.
- By navigating into the news/notification section, click on the “UET/PET Courses Theory Results link”.
- After clicking on the button, provide the required details.
- Review and submit the form; your result will be displayed on the screen.
- Save it for the further admission process.
Banaras Hindu University Counselling Documents
After receiving the counselling call letter, please make sure to keep a scanned copy of the mentioned documents handy. Once you appear at the counselling venue, you will be asked to submit these documents. If you do not have any of these documents, you might be allowed to submit them later on in the undertaking. However, to be safe, make sure you carry them with you on the day of counselling.
1. CUET application form
2. CUET admit card
3. CUET scorecard
4. Identity proof like an Aadhar card, voter ID, PAN card, etc.
5. Passport-size photographs
6. Class 10th mark sheet and certificate
7. Class 12th mark sheet and certificate
8. Marksheet of the qualifying exam
9. Migration certificate
10. Transfer certificate
11. Caste certificate (if applicable)
12. Income certificate (if applicable)
13. Sports certificate (applicable for sports quota only)
14. Certificate of being the son or daughter of a permanent in-service employee, retired, re-employed, or deceased employee of BHU issued by the Central Registry.
Banaras Hindu University Counseling Process
The Banaras Hindu University counselling process is completed in three steps. Candidates who have been called for the counselling rounds are required to fill out the online preferences form, attend the offline counselling, and make the counselling and admission fee payment to get enrolled at Banaras Hindu University. A detailed process has been given below in a few steps.
Online Preference Entry Form
Once students get the counselling call, the first step is to fill out the Online Preference Entry Form. You can get it from the official website. The preference should be filled in the following way:
1. Select the honours subject along with the desired subject combination.
2. Next, you have to choose the course. Please note that this option is only available to those students who have secured admission to more than one course on the basis of their UET/PET merit or rank.
3. After that, students are required to choose the campus, department, or location of the selected course if it is available at more than one campus or affiliated college.
4. At last, choose the seat type. The regular-fee seats are allotted first, and if they have been allotted already, students are required to pay the fee for “paid seats.”
On-Campus Offline Counselling Process
Candidates are called on campus for counselling on specific dates according to their merit list. Candidates are required to be present at the venue on the mentioned date and time, and they must bring with them their admit card, scorecard, and other important documents.
- The counsellors will finalize the preferences entry list, and students need to get it printed, sign it, and submit it along with other documents.
- The seat and course will be allotted on the basis of the merit list.
- Once the students get shortlisted and admitted to any programme at Banaras Hindu University, they can collect their provisional admission letter from the counselling centre.
The last stage is the admission fee payment. Please remember that only after successful fee payment is your seat at the university guaranteed.
- After getting the provisional admission letter, the very same day the admission fee must be paid in online or offline mode.
- On the next day of counselling, proof of payment must be submitted to the Counseling Center before 4:00 PM. However, this is applicable to offline payments only.
Banaras Hindu University Placements
The on-campus placement record of Banaras Hindu University is very impressive. Students throughout all the programmes had been placed with really good packages, and the placement cell does a great job at providing job opportunities to students in the best industries and companies in their respective fields. The placement records for the year 2023 have not been released yet, so the particulars given below are from the 2022 placement records.
|Total Number of Companies Visited||150+|
|Total Number of Offers||1,129+|
|Average Package||INR 7 LPA|
|Highest Package||INR 23 LPA|
|Lowest Package||INR 5 LPA|
|Undergraduate 3-year Programme Average Package||INR 8.0 LPA|
|Undergraduate 4-year Programme Average Package||INR 8.0 LPA|
|Undergraduate 5-year Programme Average Package||INR 15.0 LPA|
|Postgraduate 2-year Programme Average Package||INR 8.0 LPA|
|Postgraduate 3-year Programme Average Package||INR 13.5 LPA|
|MBA highest Package||INR 18 LPA|
|MBA average Package||INR 9.3 LPA|
Also Read: Banaras Hindu University Admission
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, the university is one of the eight public institutions that the Indian government has designated as an Institute of Eminence.
The average package offered at Banaras Hindu University in 2022 was INR 7 LPA.
No, it is mandatory for students to come and participate in the counselling process on Campus.
Hoping this blog suffices all your doubts related to Banaras Hindu University Courses and Fees. For more such informative blogs do check out our Indian University page and know more about us at Leverage Edu.