Hello! I am Professor Owl🦉. Today, I’m delighted to share some paramedical scholarships for medical students in India. These valuable scholarships will help students who are unable to fund their education due to lack of money. So what are you waiting for? Let’s dive right in!
Medical scholarships, a frequently searched term on the internet, are in high demand among aspiring students who aspire to pursue a career in medicine. These scholarships not only cater to students aiming for an MBBS degree but also those interested in nursing, dentistry, pharmaceuticals, and related fields.
The exorbitant cost of medical education often deters deserving students from pursuing their dreams in this field, resulting in a talent drain from the medical profession. To address this issue and make medical education more accessible, various institutions, foundations, businesses, and governments offer a variety of medical scholarships, grants, and stipends. These initiatives aim to support both high-achieving and financially disadvantaged students, ensuring that the best minds continue to contribute to this prestigious profession.
This Blog Includes:
- 🎓 5 Parademical Scholarships in India
Also Read: Scholarship for MBBS Students
🎓 5 Parademical Scholarships in India
Recognizing the diverse financial backgrounds of students and their families, both government and private institutions offer scholarships on a national and international scale to enhance the accessibility of quality medical education. If you’re seeking information on such scholarships, I have compiled a list of “Paramedical Scholarships for Medical Students in India” to assist aspiring students in their quest for financial support in the medical field.
➡️ Central Sector Scheme of Scholarship for College and University Students
The “Central Sector Scheme of Scholarship for College and University Students,” provided by the Department of Higher Education under the Ministry of Human Resource Development, is available for students from prestigious colleges and universities.
- Must have scored above the 80th percentile in their respective stream in Class XII from a recognized Board of Examination.
- Enrolled in a regular course.
- Family income should not exceed INR 4,50,000 per annum.
- Recipients should not be concurrently receiving any other scholarship.
- Undergraduate students receive Rs. 12,000 per year for the first three years of their College and University programs.
- Postgraduate students are granted Rs. 20,000 per year.
- Students pursuing professional courses receive Rs. 20,000 annually during the 4th and 5th years.
➡️ Combined Counselling Board Scholarship for Professional Courses
The Combined Counselling Board (CCB) offers the Combined Counselling Board Scholarship, which extends to students across all academic disciplines, including the medical field. Those interested in applying can do so through the CCB’s website. To be eligible for this scholarship, applicants are required to meet the following criteria.
- This scholarship is open to students from all regions of India who have successfully completed their 10th, 12th, and undergraduate education.
- Applicants should have secured a minimum of 33% to 50% in their last examination, with specific class 12 requirements ranging from 40% to 50%, depending on the chosen medical course.
Successful candidates can receive scholarship amounts of up to INR 2 lakh. CCB also reserves a portion of seats, ranging from 10% to 20%, in various courses and branches across India’s top institutes.
Also Read: Best Dental Colleges In India
➡️ FAEA Scholarship
FAEA scholarships are sponsored by the TATA Group and offer monetary assistance to students aspiring to pursue undergraduate studies in a range of fields including Arts, Commerce, Science, Engineering, and various technical and professional disciplines at universities, institutions, and colleges across India. The scholarship covers tuition fees, maintenance allowances, as well as hostel and mess charges, in accordance with our established guidelines.
- Eligibility for this program includes individuals who have successfully completed their Class XII education from a recognized Board of Secondary Education in India, as well as undergraduate students currently in their first year.
- Candidates from socially and economically disadvantaged backgrounds, such as those in the SC/ST/BPL Category, are encouraged to apply.
- Moreover, there are specific scholarships available for girls from economically disadvantaged backgrounds within the BPL category hailing from Karnataka, Kerala, Maharashtra, and Tamil Nadu.
Furthermore, the program offers need-based and merit-based financial grants for General Category students, particularly those who have achieved outstanding academic performance with over 90% marks in their Higher Secondary Exam and/or secured admission in renowned Institutions of Excellence across the country.
Must Read: How to Prepare for NEET
➡️ Dr. Abdul Kalam Scholarship for Medical Students
The scholarship aims to provide financial support to Economically Weaker Section (EWS) students preparing for the national-level medical entrance examination. Check the eligibility of the Dr. Abdul Kalam Scholarship for Medical Students below:
- Successful completion of Class 12 with a minimum of 55% marks.
- Participation in the national-level medical entrance exam is mandatory to qualify for the scholarship.
- The annual family income should not exceed INR 6 Lakhs.
Scholarship Application & Award
Eligible candidates can receive a scholarship of INR 20,000. Applications for this scholarship program can be submitted online during either the month of May or August.
➡️ Swami Vivekananda Merit Cum Means Scholarship for Minorities
Swami Vivekananda Merit Cum Means Scholarship for Minorities is intended to aid students from minority communities who are facing economic challenges.
- Applicants must be residents of West Bengal and enrolled in educational programs from the 11th grade to the postgraduate level.
- The family’s annual income should not exceed INR 2.5 lakh.
Scholarship Application & Award
Successful candidates can receive scholarships ranging from INR 12,000 to 60,000 annually. The application forms for this scholarship program can be completed online during the months of September or November.
|Indian School of Business Scholarship||IET India Scholarship Award 2023|
|Maulana Azad Scholarship||List of All National Scholarships by NSP For 2022-23|
|Pre-Matric Scholarship Scheme for 2023||OBC Scholarships 2023|
Professor Owl 🦉- “ Kiddos, I have answered all your queries with the utmost precision that I was capable of. Now, I will be taking my leave, but if you think that I might have missed something do check out the FAQ section or drop a comment. I always respond!”
Ans. Yes, there are scholarships for MBBS students in India after completing Class 12. These include the All India Pre-Medical Scholarship Test, the All India Youth Scholarship Entrance Examination, and the Nirankari Rajmata Scholarship Scheme.
Ans. Paramedical scholarships in India primarily cater to undergraduate medical students. While some scholarships may be available for postgraduate studies, they have relatively limited availability. It’s advisable to explore scholarships designed specifically for postgraduate medical education or consider alternative sources of funding for higher education.
Ans. The selection criteria for Paramedical Scholarships in India may vary depending on the specific scholarship program. Generally, it is based on academic performance, financial need, and, in some cases, performance in a scholarship-specific examination or interview. Make sure to thoroughly read the scholarship details to understand the exact criteria for each scholarship.
So, this was all about the paramedical scholarships for medical students in India. To explore more scholarships to study in India, subscribe to Leverage Edu today. Thank you for reading!