The Foundation for Academic Excellence and Access (FAEA) Scholarship is a scholarship designed to provide access to quality education to students belonging to economically disadvantaged sections of society.
The scholarship is available for students pursuing their undergraduate studies in arts/commerce/science/engineering and other technical and professional subjects at any university/institution/college in India. This program’s objective is to provide financial aid for completing a graduating course and covers tuition fees, a maintenance allowance or hostel/mess charges, and other assistance.
|Scholarship name||Foundation for Academic Excellence and Access Scholarship|
|Short name||FAEA Scholarship|
|Beneficiaries||Students pursuing their undergraduate studies|
This Blog Includes:
Students interested in this scholarship must first check whether they fulfil the eligibility criteria for this scholarship or not. The eligibility criteria are discussed below:
- Students in their first year of undergraduate studies and students who have completed Class XII from a recognised board in India.
- Students whose Class XII results have not been released must apply once the results have been declared.
- Students from socially and economically disadvantaged backgrounds.
Candidates who have fulfilled the eligibility criteria can proceed further with the process. The application process for this scholarship is as follows:
Step 1: Visit the official website and click the ‘Apply Now’ option.
Step 2: To register, go to the ‘Click here to Register Online for FAEA Scholarship 2022-23′ page.
Step 3: To conclude the registration procedure, click on the Registered Candidate (If the candidate is a new applicant, click on the fresh Candidate option)
Step 4: After successfully registering, log in with your valid credentials.
Step 5: Complete the application form with the necessary information.
Step 6: Finally, click the submit button.
Once candidates have completed the application process, the governing body will follow its procedure for selecting the final candidates which are as follows:
- The applications will be reviewed by a panel comprising of academicians, NGO’s and other disciplines.
- Shortlisted candidates will then be called for an interview. For such interviews, candidates will be provided with second-class travel for one round trip. In the case of female candidates, reimbursement will be given to one accompanying person also.
- Subsequently, the panel will make the final decision on the selected candidates.
Also Read: Overseas Studies Scholarship for OBC Students
The scholarship offers a host of benefits to its students which are discussed in detail below:
- The final amount for individual students will be the final decision of FAEA based on the budget of the FAEA.
- The scholarship will also assist selected candidates with travel and insurance.
- The scholarship can be for a maximum period of 5 years with annual renewals.
- The scholarship amount will include tuition fees, money to purchase books, hostel/mess charges, etc.
Postponements are authorised once for a period of up to one year. Deferment may be requested for personal grounds such as the fellow’s or his or her immediate family’s significant sickness or poor conditions in the scholar’s home state. Deferment requests must be filed to the FAEA headquarters in New Delhi, along with supporting paperwork or evidence.
Candidates should provide at least one reference of a person who has been in a position to watch and evaluate the candidate’s job abilities and academic competence. FAEA will contact the referees personally for verification.
Terms and conditions
- An application that is incomplete or submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
- An incomplete application form will not be considered.
- FAEA scholarship recipients are required to perform well in their studies and demonstrate achievement in their schoolwork. Annually, results from the host university/institution/college must be reported to the FAEA office.
- Fellows will also be asked to provide individual progress reports regularly.
- The scholarship can be revoked on the grounds of false declarations, poor academic progress, mental or physical illness, etc.
- The number of scholarships for each year will be announced by May/June.
- Students can pursue their education in any Indian college or university provided it is consistent with the objectives of FAEA.
- The initial scholarship will be for 3 years which can be extended for further 2 years depending on student performance and budget.
The amount of the scholarship grant will be determined by FAEA based on its budget.
The scholarship is valid for three years in the first instance and will be extended for two more years to continue postgraduate courses based on the student’s achievement in the graduation exams.
Yes. Candidates need to provide atleast one reference in support of their application.
In this blog, we have discussed the Foundation for Academic Excellence and Access Scholarship in detail. We hope candidates interested in this scholarship will find this blog useful and can use this blog as a basis to commence their scholarship application.
For more such updates, keep an eye on Leverage Edu Indian scholarships page, and don’t forget to follow us on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Twitter.