The Nagaland State Merit Scholarship or Nagaland Scholarship is an initiative of the Directorate of Higher Education for delivering socio-economic welfare to the students having domicile in Nagaland state. This scholarship scheme is available only for students who have completed their 10th class or matriculation and are currently pursuing post-matric class (class 11th, 12, UG, PG Degree). Moreover, students must have passed their previous year’s exam. The amount offered under this scholarship varies depending on the educational level of the applicant.
The Directorate of Higher Education is among the various state departments in Nagaland, such as the Department of Higher and Technical Education, Ministry of Tribal Affairs, etc. where several scholarships are awarded. State-sponsored scholarships, such as Nagaland Scholarship, are usually divided into three categories: merit-based, meri-cum-need-based and need-based scholarships. In this article, we will discuss the various aspects of this scholarship 2023, such as its application process, eligibility criteria, benefits and amount, etc.
|Name of the Scholarship||Nagaland Scholarship 2023|
|Organised by||Directorate of Higher Education|
|Eligibility||At least 80% score in 10th-grade
Domicile of Nagaland
|Amount||Variable monetary scholarships to all eligible students|
|Objective||To support social security provisions for students studying in post-matric classes|
This Blog Includes:
Nagaland Scholarship 2023 Application Process
Candidates who are interested in the Nagaland Scholarship 2023, must keep themselves updated regarding the beginning of the application process. The application process for this scholarship will begin soon. Interested students can apply online by following the below-mentioned steps.
- Go to the official website of the Directorate of Higher Education, Government of Nagaland at https://highereducation.nagaland.gov.in/.
- Under the scholarships section, look for the ‘Nagaland State Merit Scholarship’ option and click on it.
- A new tab will appear from where your Nagaland Scholarship 2023 application process will begin.
- You need to fill out the application form very carefully and make sure all the details you’ve entered are best to your knowledge.
- The application form will ask for your name, contact information, education qualifications and documents to prove your eligibility.
- Once you’ve entered all the details, click on the submit button and you’ll receive an email confirming the status of your application form.
While filling out the application form, aspirants need to submit all the documents required as proof of their education qualification and identity. Here’s a list of all the necessary documents you need to upload while applying for this scholarship.
- Matriculation Certificate (10th)
- Family Income Certificate
- Aadhar card
- Latest passport size photograph
- Admission receipt (from the institution)
- Caste certificate (if applicable)
- PwD Certificate (only for students with disabilities)
- Bank account details
Also read – List of Courses After 10th Class
Nagaland Scholarship 2023 Eligibility Criteria
To successfully enjoy the benefits offered by this scholarship, students must fulfil all the required eligibility criteria listed by the officials of the Directorate of Higher Education, Government of Nagaland. Here’s a list highlighting this scholarship’s eligibility criteria for the year 2023.
- Candidates must have passed their previous exam.
- Students must have completed their 10th class or high school with at least 80% score.
- Students must be studying in 11th or 12th or any undergraduate or postgraduate programme.
- For students who have completed their 11th and 12th standards must have scored at least 80%.
- Students who have completed their undergraduate degree must have scored at least 70%.
- Candidates must possess a domicile certificate of Nagaland.
Nagaland Scholarship 2023 Objectives
The Nagaland State Merit Scholarship was launched with the objective of supporting students with financial needs so that they can complete their post-matric classes without any financial difficulty. Aspirants are required to score a minimum of 70% and 80% in their previous year’s examinations. Students who want to renew their scholarships are required to submit their last year’s Marksheet.
Another objective of this scholarship is to increase the literacy rate of Nagaland and create awareness about the importance of state-sponsored scholarships. Students are given financial assistance for a year which is very beneficial to make their academic year successful. It is the responsibility of the Department of Higher Education to take initiatives like this and offer scholarships to meritorious students.
Nagaland Scholarship 2023 Benefits
Under the Nagaland State Merit Scholarship, students are offered a monthly allowance to support their post-matric education. This amount is given for the entire academic year. Here’s a list highlighting all the benefits offered under this scholarship scheme.
- Students belonging to Nagaland are offered social security benefits or provisions.
- Students studying in 11th, 12th, Undergraduate and postgraduate levels will be given a monthly stipend, which is solely meant for their academic expenses, such as tuition fees and stationary expenses.
- Students are also allowed the renew this scholarship by providing proof that they have secured 70% to 80% marks in their previous examination.
- The amount given under this scholarship will be directly transferred to the student’s account via Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT).
Nagaland Scholarship 2023 Terms and Conditions
The Directorate of Higher Education has listed some terms and conditions for the Nagaland State merit scholarship, which every student is required to follow under any circumstances. The terms and conditions are as follows:
- This state-sponsored scholarship is only available to students belonging to Nagaland.
- Students must be studying in any Nagaland government school or college.
- Students shall not submit any false information or document during the application process. Doing so is a punishable offence and they will be blacklisted from such future initiatives.
- The amount offered under this scholarship should only be spent on academic expenses.
- If any candidate is found spending this money on any other pursuit, their account will be frozen and they won’t be able to enjoy the further benefits of this scholarship.
Candidates who have completed their 10th class with at least an 80% score and possess a valid domicile of Nagaland are eligible to apply for the Nagaland State Merit Scholarship.
There is no application fee for the Nagaland State Merit Scholarship. Students can fill out the application form for free by visiting the official website of the Directorate of Higher Education, Government of Nagaland.
The amount offered under the Nagaland State Merit Scholarship varies, depending on the candidate’s education level.
This scholarship is an initiative of the Directorate of Higher Education, Government of Nagaland, where meritorious students are given financial assistance to support their post-matric education. Students who are interested in this scholarship must visit the official website and fill out the application form.
This scholarship offers a significant opportunity for deserving students to pursue their academic aspirations with financial support. Hopefully, the information provided in this blog will help you pave your way towards greater educational success. For more such updates, keep an eye on Leverage Edu’s Indian scholarships page.