The HP Scholarship portal is an online application designed exclusively for students in Himachal Pradesh. The HP Scholarship would provide financial help to Himachal Pradesh students. Among the states and educational institutions are five universities, two medical colleges, four dental colleges, and two engineering institutes. Furthermore, the state has created several HP scholarship projects to ensure that children have a bright future. Read this blog to find out all the scholarships for Himachal students, their eligibility, application process and more.
This Blog Includes:
- Scholarship for Himachal Students: Overview
- List of Scholarship for Himachal Students
- Eligibility Criteria & Benefits
- Application Process
- Documents Required
- HP Scholarship Award 2023-24
Scholarship for Himachal Students: Overview
Students can apply for scholarships through the Himachal Pradesh government’s Department of Higher Education. Himachal Pradesh scholarships are awarded to students who are financially and economically underprivileged and wish to further their studies.
HP epass is a website where candidates can register and apply for HP Scholarships online. The HP scholarship website is an important step in ensuring that students receive equitable award allocation.
HP Scholarships are available in three varieties: Centre Sponsored Schemes, State Sponsored Schemes, and Technical Schemes. Under various efforts, approximately 1.4 lakh students applied for the HP Scholarship to study at various government and private educational institutions.
List of Scholarship for Himachal Students
The several schemes supported by the state and federal governments and their application deadlines and providers are described in detail here.
State-Sponsored Scholarship for Himachal Students
The Himachal Pradesh Education Department provides these scholarships. Check the list below along with their application period.
|S.No.||Scholarship Name||Application Period|
|1.||Dr. Ambedkar Medhavi Chattervriti Yojana for SC Students||Between September and December|
|2.||Dr. Ambedkar Medhavi Chattervriti Yojana for OBC Students||Between September and December|
|3.||Swami Vivekanand Utkrisht Yojana||Between September and December|
|4.||Thakur Sen Negi Utkrisht Chattervriti Yojana||Between September and December|
|5.||Kalpana Chawala Chattervriti Yojana||Between September and December|
|6.||Mukhiya Mantri Protsahan Yojana (One-time Incentive||Between September and December|
|7.||Maharshi Balmiki Chattervriti Yojana||Between September and December|
|8.||IRDP Scholarship Scheme||Between September and December|
|9.||Sainik School Sujanpur Tihara Scholarship||Between July and September|
|10.||Rashtriya Indian Military College Scholarship (Only for RIMC Dehradun)||Between July and September|
|11.||NDA Scholarship Scheme (Only for NDA Khadakwasla)||Between July and September|
|12.||Financial Assistance to the Children of the Armed Forces personnel killed/ disabled during the different war/ operations||Between July and September|
|13.||Mukhya Mantri Gyandeep Yojana||Between July and September|
|14.||Indira Gandhi Utkrisht Chattervriti Yojana for Post plus two Students||Between September and December|
|15.||Lahaul Spiti Pattern||Between July and September|
|16.||Girls Attendance Scholarship||Between July and September|
Centrally Sponsored Scholarship for Himachal Students
|S.No.||Scholarship Name||Provider Name||Application Period|
|1.||National Scheme of Incentives to Girls for Secondary Education (NSIGSE) (CSS)||Department of School, Education, and Literacy, Government of India||October to December|
|2.||Pre-Matric Scholarship Scheme for SC/ST Students (9th & 10th) CSS||Ministry of Minority Affairs, Government of India||October to December|
|3.||The Pre-Matric Scholarship for OBC Students (1st to 10th) CSS||Ministry of Minority Affairs, Government of India||October to December|
|4.||Post-Matric Scholarship to SC/ST Students (CSS)||Ministry of Minority Affairs, Government of India||October to December|
|5.||Post-Matric Scholarship to OBC Students (CSS)||Ministry of Minority Affairs, Government of India||October to December|
|6.||Dr. Ambedkar Post-Matric Scholarship for Economically Backward Classes (EBC)||Ministry of Minority Affairs, Government of India||October to December|
|7.||Upgradation of Merit of SC/ST Students (CSS) (Only for GSSS Bharmour, Chamba)||Ministry of Minority Affairs, Government of India||October to December|
|8.||Merit Cum Means Scholarship Scheme for Students belonging to Minority Community (CSS)||Ministry of Minority Affairs, Government of India||October to December|
|9.||Post-Matric Scholarship Scheme to Students Belonging to Minority Community||Ministry of Minority Affairs, Government of India||July to October|
|10.||Maulana Azad National Scholarship Scheme for meritorious Girl students belonging to Minorities||Ministry of Minority Affairs, Government of India||July to October|
|11.||National Means Cum Merit Scholarships||Department of School, Education, and Literacy, Government of India||October to December|
|12.||Scholarship to Disabled Students||Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities||July to October|
|13.||Dr Ambedkar Pre-Matric Scholarship for DNTs (CSS)||Ministry of Tribal Affairs, Government of India||July to October|
|14.||Dr. Ambedkar Post-Matric Scholarship for DNTs (CSS)||Ministry of Tribal Affairs, Government of India||July to October|
Technical Education Scholarship for Himachal Students
|S.No.||Scholarship Name||Provider Name||Application Period|
|1.||Scholarships for PG/Degree & Engineering Level Courses||Indian Council for Technical Education||December every year|
|2.||Scholarships for Diploma Courses||Indian Council for Technical Education||December every year|
|3.||For ITI Students||Indian Council for Technical Education||December every year|
Eligibility Criteria & Benefits
The eligibility criteria for all these schemes are different, and so are the benefits offered. Check the official website of scholarships for Himachal Students – https://hpepass.cgg.gov.in/NewHomePage.do to know the eligibility criteria and the benefits offered under the scholarship that you’re applying for.
Each HP scholarship welcomes submissions from individuals from a variety of backgrounds to promote education in the state. Additionally, the newly installed HP ePass scholarship webpage makes it simple and quick for students to apply for these scholarships.
The National Scholarship Portal, on the other hand, is now accepting applications for the vast majority of federal and state-sponsored awards (NSP).
To walk you through the process of applying for an HP scholarship through the HP ePass Scholarship Portal and the National Scholarship Portal, the steps are given below.
Application Through HP ePass Portal
- The applicant initially goes to the Himachal Pradesh Epass Scholarship portal website.
- Then, the homepage will appear on your screen, where you can examine a list of scholarship schemes by clicking on the schemes available.
- To register yourself, click on a Student’s login.
- On the student login page, enter your user ID and password, which will be provided via the student’s specified phone number and email ID.
- If you are a first-time student, click “New Student Registration” to proceed to the next page.
- Further, if you do not have an Aadhar card, select ‘No’ and provide Electronic ID as proof of identification before completing the registration.
- Attach all of the paperwork required for the HP Scholarship application once you’ve completed the registration procedure by providing accurate and vital information. Make certain that all of your documents are true and legitimate; they will be reviewed before the registration is completed, and any or all invalid data will be rejected immediately.
- The applicant must fill out the following information on the application form:
- Primary Information
- Candidate Information
- Present Institution Information
- Contact Information
- Bank Information
- Certificates Information
- Check the application form for any problems that may have happened during data processing before submitting it. The student can amend, update, or fill out portions of his form, then print it and deliver it, together with the scheme-specific document(s), to the appropriate institution within the timeframe given in the schedule.
- You can check the status of your application at any time by logging into the HP Epass Scholarship Portal with the same ID and password you used to register.
- Lastly, after successfully submitting the Online Application Form, it will be swiftly submitted to the student’s preferred Institute for verification.
Application Through the National Scholarship Portal
- The applicant initially goes to the National Scholarship Portal for HP Scholarship’s HP Government Scholarship website.
- Further, the webpage will display on your screen; check the name of your institution on the list and, if not registered, request that they register on the portal first.
- If your institution is already registered, you must select the New Registration tab and read all the rules.
- Then, the registration page will appear, where you must enter all of your essential information and register. On your registered mobile number, you will receive an application ID and password.
- Create an account using the application ID and password, and then change the password as needed.
- To get started, go to the dashboard and select ‘Application Form.’
- Fill out the application form properly and upload all relevant documents.
- Finally, your application must be submitted.
The list of documents that a student must submit in support of his or her application is as follows. The criterion may change when the scheme chosen changes.
- A passport-size photograph
- Aadhar card number
- Birth certificate
- Mark sheet from the most recent qualifying exams
- Student’s Current Bank Account Statement
- Certificates of caste and tribal affiliation (if applicable)
- The competent authority issues an income certificate.
- The university’s receipts and fee structure (if applicable)
HP Scholarship Award 2023-24
Himachal Pradesh Scholarship Awards benefit banks directly. The Scheme will only benefit students who are on the HP Scholarship Selection List 2023. All candidates who are dissatisfied with their results may reapply the following year. Financial assistance is provided to students.
Ans. The scheme is for Himachal Pradesh residents with an annual income of at least INR 2,50,000 P/A. The deadline for applications is December 31, 2023.
Ans. The qualified students will get an annual scholarship of a minimum of INR 10,000 depending on a passing ratio in each group as determined by the H.P. Board of School Education, Dharamshala.
Ans. The Centrally Sponsored Post Matric Scholarship Scheme for SC Students, Himachal Pradesh 2023 will provide financial help to Himachal Pradesh’s SC students pursuing post-matric and post-secondary education. The chosen students will receive an academic allowance as well as mandatory non-refundable tuition.
This was all about the scholarship for Himachal Students 2023-24. For more blogs on scholarships to study in India, subscribe to Leverage Edu.