The BARTI Fellowship is a prestigious award given by the Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Research and Training Institute (BARTI). It is an autonomous institute of the Department of Social Justice and Special Assistance, Government of Maharashtra. So if you are an SC student from Maharashtra who wants to pursue a career in research, this blog is for you! We will discuss the eligibility criteria, benefits, and application process for the BARTI Fellowship. Read on to know more!
|Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Research and Training Institute (BARTI)
|Maharashtrian students belonging to the SC category
|INR 25k-28k (for MPhil candidates)
INR 28k-31k (for PhD candidates)
INR 2-5 LPA (tuition waiver for both MPhil and PhD candidates)
This Blog Includes:
Overview of BARTI Fellowship
BARTI launched the BARTI Fellowship scheme in 2013 to encourage and support SC students from Maharashtra in pursuing research careers in various fields. It provides financial assistance to students belonging to Scheduled Castes (SC) who wish to pursue higher studies leading to M.Phil. and Ph.D. degrees in various disciplines. The fellowship covers the tuition fees, contingency grants, and monthly stipends for the selected candidates in recognized universities/institutions within or outside Maharashtra.
Apart from belonging to the SC category and having a domicile certificate of Maharashtra, here are some other eligibility criteria that applicants must fulfil to avail BARTI Fellowship:
- The candidate must have passed the postgraduate degree examination in any discipline with at least 55% marks (50% for SC/ST/PH candidates) from a recognized university or institution.
- The candidate must have cleared the UGC NET Exam or any other equivalent test recognized by UGC.
- The candidate must have secured admission or provisional admission in a full-time M.Phil. or Ph.D. program in a recognized university or institution within or outside Maharashtra.
- The candidate must not be receiving any other fellowship or scholarship from any other source.
BARTI Fellowship: Benefits
The BARTI fellowship awards a maximum period of 5 years or until the completion of the degree, whichever comes first. The award provides the following financial benefits to the selected candidates:
|For M.Phil. candidates
|Monthly stipend of INR 25,000 for the first 2 years and INR 28,000 for the remaining period.
Contingency grant of INR 10,000 pa for the first 2 years and INR 20,500 for the remaining period.
|For PhD candidates
|Monthly stipend of INR 28,000 for the first 2 years and INR 31,000 for the remaining period.
Contingency grant of INR 20,500 pa for the first 2 years and INR 25,000 for the remaining period.
|For both M.Phil. and PhD candidates
|Tuition fee waiver of up to INR 2 lakh pa for candidates studying in Maharashtra
Tuition waiver of up to INR 5 lakh pa for candidates studying outside Maharashtra.
BARTI Fellowship: Application Process
The application process for the BARTI Fellowship is as follows :
- The candidate must fill out an online application form available on the official website of BARTI.
- The candidate must upload scanned copies of relevant documents such as caste certificate, domicile certificate, income certificate, mark sheets, NET certificate, admission letter, etc.
- The candidate must submit a research proposal of not more than 1500 words along with the application form.
- The candidate must pay an application fee of INR 100 through online mode.
- The candidate must take a printout of the application form and send it along with self-attested copies of documents to the following address: Director General, Dr Babasaheb Ambedkar Research and Training Institute (BARTI), 28, Queen’s Garden, Pune – 411001
After applying for the BARTI fellowship, the candidates’ applications go through the following selection process:
- The applications are screened by a committee appointed by BARTI based on academic merit and research proposal.
- The shortlisted candidates are called for an interview by an expert panel constituted by BARTI.
- The final selection is made on the basis of performance in the interview and availability of seats.
- The selected candidates are informed through email and SMS by BARTI.
- The selected candidates sign an agreement with BARTI and submit a progress report every 6 months.
BARTI Fellowship 2024: Important Dates
The important dates regarding the BARTI Fellowship are not yet out for 2024. The official notification for the fellowship is expected to be released in November or December 2023. This blog will be updated once the official dates are released.
Also Read: NSP National Fellowship and Scholarship 2023
For more details and queries related to the fellowship, you can visit the official website of BARTI ([www.barti.in]) or contact them at 020-26120720 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The BARTI Fellowship is a great opportunity for SC students from Maharashtra who want to pursue research studies. It provides financial support, academic guidance, and exposure to the selected candidates. If you are eligible and interested, you should apply for the fellowship before the last date.
Ans. The PhD stipend provided by BARTI is INR 31,000 for the first 2 years and INR 35,000 for the remaining 3 years.
Ans. Maharashtrian students belonging to the SC category wanting to pursue regular, full-time PhD and MPhil in any subject from recognized Indian/foreign universities are eligible for BARTI Fellowship.
Ans. The stipend for BARTI UPSC is INR 9,000/month.
We hope that this blog provides you with all the information regarding the BARTI fellowship. Discover more scholarships to study in India by following Leverage Edu. Thank you for reading!