AMU Law: Aligarh Muslim University (AMU) Department of Law is the law school of Aligarh Muslim University. The AMU Department of Law has experience in teaching and writing law for more than 100 years. Justice Douglas Straight inaugurated the law classes at the Aligarh Muslim University on 29th December 1891.
The AMU Department of Law has been ranked number 6th by India Today among India’s top 10 law colleges in 2014. The AMU Department of Law remained on the same rank till 2015 and 2016 as well.
In this article, students will get to know about the details related to AMU Law admissions. Students who want to pursue their career in law will get to know about the eligibility criteria, courses offered, fee structure, etc of the AMU.
|Organisation Name||Aligarh Muslim University|
|Exam Name||AMU Law|
|Established||29 December 1891|
|School Type||Law School|
|Location||Aligarh, Uttar Pradesh|
This Blog Includes:
- Law Programs Offered at AMU Law
- Facilities Offered in AMU Law
- AMU BA LLB Eligibility Criteria 2023
- AMU Law Entrance Exam Syllabus 2023
- AMU Law Entrance Exam Pattern
- AMU Law Entrance Exam Preparation Tips
- AMU Law Entrance Exam Admit Card
- AMU BA LLB Course Fee
- AMU LLM Eligibility Criteria
- AMU LLM Admission Test
- AMU LLM Application Fee
- AMU LLM Course Fee
- AMU LLM Application Process
- AMU Law: PhD
- AMU PhD: Application Process
- AMU Law PhD: Application Fees
- AMU Law Diploma Courses
Law Programs Offered at AMU Law
Aligarh Muslim University or AMU Law is offering various law courses which are as follows:
- Five years integrated Bachelor of Arts & Bachelor of Law (B.A. LL.B)
- Two-Year Master of Laws (LL.M)
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD.)
- Diploma Courses
Facilities Offered in AMU Law
Law Faculty Building
AMU Department of Law was earlier situated at Sir Syed Hall. Now the faculty is situated at the Qila Road building on the university campus.
Seminar Library is the older library of the Law Faculty. This library consists of journals and books from the 19th century onwards. This library has around 35000 books including textbooks, reference books, and research books apart from 35 National Journals and 15 International Journals.
Legal aid clinic and mediation centre
The faculty maintains this centre to provide legal guidance and advice to the indigent (the person who is lacking in basic resources of a normal life) and poverty-ridden litigants by associating students under the supervision of committed AMU Law teachers together with the local judiciary.
Also Read: RRB ALP 2022 Exam
AMU BA LLB Eligibility Criteria 2023
The eligibility criteria for the BA LLB program as defined by the Aligarh Muslim University for its Department of Law division are given below:
- Candidates must have passed class 12th examinations and scored at least 50% marks from a recognised board. This also implies to those candidates who are still appearing or awaiting results of the qualifying exam (class 12 exam) from a recognised board.
- Candidates who did not qualify for the class 12th examination with the required marks are not eligible for the course of BA LLB.
- The candidates appearing in the qualifying examination have to submit the mark sheet and academic certificate during the counselling process.
- The Deeni Madaris graduates who have pursued a bridge course from the Aligarh Muslim University (AMU) with a score of 50% can apply for AMU BA LLB.
- The candidates must not be more than 22 years of age as of the date of application, i.e. April 2023.
AMU Law Entrance Exam Syllabus 2023
Students can outline a strategy for AMU Law 2023 preparation by just knowing the weightage of each subject and the important topics involved. The AMU Law Entrance Exam weightage for each subject is given below:
|AMU Law 2023 Syllabus|
|Subjects||Total Number of Questions||Marks|
|Proficiency in English||40||40|
|Current Affairs and General Knowledge||40||40|
|Reasoning and Aptitude||20||20|
Now that, weightage is already given, the detailed syllabus is given below. Candidates can study for the entrance exam as per their hold and catch up on the subject.
|Proficiency in English||Vocabulary, Sentence Correction, Synonyms and Antonyms, English grammar, Idioms and Phrases, Fill in the blanks|
|Reasoning and Aptitude||Blood Relations, Puzzle, Critical Reasoning, Analogy, Series and Numbers|
|Current Affairs and General Knowledge||Political Science, Basics of Law, New Appointments and Awards, Sports, Basic History, Geography, Science and Environment|
Also Read: Exim Bank Exam 2022
AMU Law Entrance Exam Pattern
The AMU Law Entrance Exam Pattern is given below for the students to understand more about the marking scheme, weightage, question distribution, etc. of the exam.
|Test paper type||Objective test|
|Number of questions||100|
|Duration of Exam||2 hours|
|Marking Scheme||One mark for each correct answer 0.25 marks will be deducted for each incorrect answer.|
AMU Law Entrance Exam Preparation Tips
- Students should read the syllabus and exam pattern thoroughly and identify the important topics.
- Find the previous year’s question or sample paper to know the level of difficulty of the exam.
- Read from the books recommended by AMU, Department of Law for preparation.
- Read a good national newspaper.
- Solve some mock papers and sample papers a month before the entrance exam.
AMU Law Entrance Exam Admit Card
AMU Law Entrance Exam Admit Cards are available on the official website. The applicants should submit their registration Id and password in the required field to download the admit card. After downloading the admit cards, the students can take out the printout of it to keep for future reference.
AMU BA LLB Course Fee
The course fee for the 5 years BA LLB program at AMU is INR 10.17 lakhs.
AMU LLM Eligibility Criteria
Aligarh Muslim University (AMU) offers LLM for the duration of two years in a full-time mode. Admissions for LLM are based on the entrance exam conducted by the university. The total number of seats available for the LLM course at AMU is 35.
- Candidates must have passed LLB/ BA LLB or an examination recognised by the university as its equivalent with not less than 55% marks.
- There is a 5% relaxation from the prescribed minimum marks for the reserved categories, i.e. SC/ST
- Candidates who are going to appear in the final examination of their bachelor’s degree or waiting for the results of their final examination can also apply for the LLM exam.
- The applicant must not be more than 27 years of age as on July 01 of the year of admission.
AMU LLM Admission Test
- The AMU LLM test comprises one paper consisting of 100 objective-type questions carrying 1 mark each.
- The question paper will be based on LLB/BA LLB level and the duration of the exam will be of 2 hours.
- The candidates can collect the admit cards for the AMU LLM admission test from the form handling office 1-2 days before the scheduled dates of the examination. The centres for the examination will be mentioned in the admit cards.
- Candidates must not secure less than 15% in the departmental examination.
Also Read: GLAET 2023
AMU LLM Application Fee
The application form fee for AMU LLM is Rs 600/-.
AMU LLM Course Fee
The fee for the two-year LLM course at AMU is INR 4.1 lakhs.
AMU LLM Application Process
Following is the application process for the AMU LLM exam:
- Students have to register themselves on the official website. After filling out registration the form, an ID and Password will be generated.
- Students have to complete the application form.
- Students must upload scanned images of their photographs, signature and left thumb impression.
- The last process of the application process is to make payment through Net Banking, Credit Cards, Debit Cards and Demand Draft.
- The student can submit the application only once. Multiple forms will be rejected.
- The submission is ONLINE only.
AMU Law: PhD
AMU Law also offers PhD courses which comprise two sections which are as follows:
- Research Aptitude
AMU Law Phd: Syllabus
- Research Aptitude/ Research Methodology
Research Aptitude/ Research Methodology
• Meaning, Definition, kinds and Objectives of Legal Research
• Methods of Legal Studies: Survey – Ethnographic, Archival / Historical, Participatory and Doctrinal/non Doctrinal.
• Empirical Research in India: Current Trends.
• Legal Research & law Reporting in India.
• Research Design – Nature, Meaning and Importance
• Identification/Formulation of Problem
• Critique of Concepts and Theories.
• Formulation of Research Hypothesis
• Sample Design-Variables.
• Data Collection – Sources & Tools of Data Collection.
• Data Analysts – Statistical Methods and Analysis, Presentations,
• Use of Computers and the Internet in legal Research.
• Dissertation Writing — Organizing Materials, Characterization, Basic Research, and Writing Skills.
The second part in PhD is Law and the syllabus of law consists of the following:
- Criminal Law Constitutional Law (including Human Rights
- Administrative Law & International Law)
- Commercial Law (including IPR)
- Labour Law (including Environmental Law)
- Family Law
AMU PhD: Application Process
Following is the application process for the AMU PhD exam:
- Students have to register for the Online Application Form.
- In that candidates have to fill in all their details like personal information, mobile number, email address, educational qualification etc.
- After that, the login id and passwords will be generated.
- Students are required to upload their scanned photographs and signatures.
- Then at last students have to make payments through debit cards/ net banking/ credit cards.
AMU Law PhD: Application Fees
The application fee for the AMU Law PhD is Rs 750/-
AMU Law Diploma Courses
AMU Law also provides diploma courses in law. It consists of 3 courses which are as follows:
- Postgraduate Diploma in Taxation law
The post-graduate diploma in Taxation law is a 1-year diploma course. The students have to clear the CLAT exam for this.
- Postgraduate Diploma in Labour law and Relations
The postgraduate diploma in labour law and Relations is a 1-year diploma course and for this course, the candidates have to clear the exam of CLAT
- Postgraduate Diploma in Company law, Banking and Insurance
The postgraduate diploma in Company law, Banking and Insurance is also a 1-year diploma course.
The above article has covered the details of AMU Law. In this article, the candidates will get to know every detail about the exam like the syllabus, exam pattern, how to apply for the exam, eligibility criteria, age limit and the application fee structure and the result.
Yes, The Department of Law is presently running B.A.LL. B (Integrated Five years) Course, LL. M. (Two years) Course along with Three P.G.
Best Law Specialisations in Demand are – Criminal Law, Environmental Law, Taxation Law, and Civil Law. Law courses are offered in various specialisations including Corporate Law, Criminal Law, IPR, Human Rights Law, Taxation Law, and more.
The ranking of AMU is 8th in 2019 by India Today and 11th as per NIRF.
The Aligarh Muslim University (AMU) is a brilliant contributor in providing Law courses for over 100 years. The university stands in the 8th position among the top 10 government law colleges in India. The Law courses at AMU Department of Law are affordable and promising in terms of quality and knowledge as per global standards.
AMU is a public-state institution. It was established by Sir Syed Ahmed Khan in the Aligarh district of Uttar Pradesh in the year 1875.
Follow Leverage Edu to know more about the Indian exams. And don’t forget to follow us on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Twitter for more such information.