The Alliance University Common Law Admission Test (ACLAT) is an entrance test conducted by the Alliance University, Bangalore for admissions to courses such as BA LLB, BBA LLB and LLM in Law. It is a two-hour test which is conducted in online mode. Interested candidates may register and submit their application form at the official admission portal of the university. The applications can be submitted offline as well. Read this entire blog to know about the ACLAT Exam Pattern.
|Exam name||Alliance University Common Law Admission Test|
|Conducting Body||Alliance University, Bangalore|
|Exam Level||University Level Exam|
|Application Fee||Rs 1000/-|
This Blog Includes:
ACLAT Exam Pattern 2023
The ACLAT 2023 entrance test will be conducted in online mode in the first week of June 2023 tentatively. It is a two-hour examination which consists of multiple-choice type questions, each carrying one mark for the right answer and 0.25 marks will be deducted for every wrong answer. The question paper will be in English language only and will consist of 200 objective questions.
The questions for the ACLAT examination will be based on legal subjects such as constitutional law, the law of Torts, the law of contracts, IPC, current legal issues etc. The ACLAT 2023 exam consists of 5 sections. The total marks for each section are given below in the following table:
|Sections||Total Number of Questions||Marks|
|General Awareness||40||40 marks|
|Legal Aptitude||40||40 marks|
|Reasoning and Analytical Ability||40||40 marks|
Also Read: Law Entrance Exams: India and Abroad
ACLAT Syllabus 2023
The candidates appearing for the ACLAT 2023 should be through with the examination syllabus. Knowing the syllabus will help the candidates to prepare better for their entrance test. A detailed syllabus is tabulated below for your reference purpose:
|General Awareness||Indian and World History
Indian National Movement
Science and Technology
Contemporary National, regional, international politics and economic perspectives
Constitutional Principles and Practices
|3.||Legal Aptitude||Legal Terms
Indian Constitutions, structure, sections and schedules
Legal Awareness covering Constitutional Law and Polity
Contract and Constitutional Laws
Intellectual Property Rights
IPC and the CrPC
Law of Crimes
Agreement and Disagreement
Profit and Loss
Also Read: PU BA LLB Entrance Test 2023
Preparation Tips for ACLAT 2023
The candidates who appear for the ACLAT 2023 need to have the right preparation strategy to ace the entrance test. Some tips are given below which can be followed by the candidates to score better on the test:
- The candidates should be thorough with the pattern of the examination before beginning their preparation. Once the candidate is familiar with the pattern of the exam, they can then search for appropriate books and study materials.
- It is advised that the candidates should follow a proper schedule and must give enough time to all the subjects. The candidates can take up mock tests and practice on sample question papers to know their weaker sections.
- For the English section, it is advised that the candidates should read good novels and magazines to get a grip on vocabulary.
- The candidates are also advised to make a study plan. They can then bifurcate each subject into sections which they feel are difficult to understand. Those sections can be taken up first. Focusing more on the weaker sections will eventually help the candidates to perform better in their examinations.
- As the examination has a general knowledge section, the candidates are advised to read the newspaper daily. They can also refer to different current affairs and general knowledge books to prepare for this certain section.
Through this blog, the candidates appearing for the ACLAT 2023 exam will get a better understanding of the ACLAT Exam Pattern. Candidates who are planning to take up the exam can take help from this blog to score better on their entrance test.
The ACLAT is an entrance test conducted by the Alliance University, Bangalore for admissions to courses such as BA LLB, BBA LLB and LLM in Law. The questions for the ACLAT examination will be based on legal subjects such as Constitutional law, Law of Torts, Law of Contracts, IPC, current legal issues etc.
ACLAT 2023 will be conducted in online mode. The application process can be completed in both online and offline modes.
ACLAT is an entrance test conducted by the Alliance University, Bangalore for admissions to courses such as BA LLB, BBA LLB and LLM in Law. The exam consists of 5 sections which are, English, General Awareness, Legal Aptitude, Reasoning and Mathematics.
For more updates on such topics, keep an eye on the official website of Leverage Edu Indian Exams page, and don’t forget to follow us on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Twitter.