The full form of TNC is Transnational Corporations. TNCs are businesses that have a global reach and thus, they operate in more than one country. For instance, companies like Apple, Nike, Microsoft, Sony, Amazon, and Walmart are a few examples of transnational corporations. In this way, TNCs are embedded in various aspects of our lives ranging from the clothes we wear to the devices we use daily.
Also Read: What is the Full Form of VAM?
Characteristics of TNCs
Generally, all transnational corporations have characteristics that differentiate them from other similar companies. Here is a list of their common characteristics which include:
- TNCs are huge companies with a substantial number of employees.
- They aim to maximize their size and revenue by having multiple branches with different activities.
- Due to their considerable revenue, they can employ the latest technology in the market.
- TNCs are spread across the globe by having branches in multiple countries.
- Additionally, they have access to global markets.
Also Read: What is the Full Form of SPV?
Advantages of TNCs
Here are a few notable advantages of TNCs:
- They bring money into the country and offer huge profits to companies.
- TNCs can bring the latest technology and knowledge to businesses and their employees.
- Some TNCs have the potential to improve the transport conditions of a specific area.
- They can also aid in developing the country.
Disadvantages of TNCs
TNCs also have a bunch of disadvantages such as:
- They pay low wages to laborers.
- Some TNCs have been accused of exploiting workers.
- Many companies have insufficient records of workers’ protection.
- Some TNCs contribute significantly to pollution.
Popular Full Forms
This was all about the TNC full form. If you want to read more such interesting full forms, stay connected with Leverage Edu.