The full form of COC is a Certificate of Conformity. It is also known by other full forms such as the Certificate of Compliance and the Certificate of Conformance. A COC is a document that guarantees that the supplied goods and services are up to the specified standards. In other words, a COC is a way of making certain that the importers are protected against harmful or low-quality products. As a result, goods that do not adhere to the quality standards are rejected or sometimes, confiscated.
Details Included in the COC
Generally, a Certificate of Conformity includes the following details:
- Product description as well the product identification
- Identification details of the manufacturer or importer including name, address, and contact number
- A list of safety regulations that a specific product must comply with
- A list of certificates awarded to the manufacturer
- The date and place where the specific product was manufactured
- Details of when the product was tested for compliance
Who can Issue a Certificate of Conformity?
Any authorized party or personnel can issue a Certificate of Conformity to reflect that your product or service meets the specific requirements or standards. In India, the COC is issued by the Bureau of Indian Standards under Scheme-IV of Schedule II of the BIS (Conformity Assessment) Regulation, 2018.
In addition to this, the Certificate of Conformity holds extreme importance and relevance in many international transactions. It acts as an additional security layer and builds the factor of trust between the buyer and the manufacturer.
Other Full Forms of COC
- Combined oral contraceptive
- Cash on confirmation
- Code of conduct
- Certificate of competency
Popular Full Forms