There is no more doubt about how rapidly India’s aviation industry is growing. Numerous students aim to pursue airline careers in India due to the ongoing demand for airline careers. It is estimated that the aviation industry in India is set to create more than 2.5 million jobs by 2023. Are you planning to pursue a career in Airlines in 2023? If yes, then this article is apt for you. To know more about airline careers in India 2023, eligibility requirements, documents required, job vacancies, application process and much more, then Keep Reading!
This Blog Includes:
Why Pursue Airline Careers in India?
There are numerous reasons for the popularity of Airline carers, including lucrative packages and much more. Some of the basic reasons to pursue a career in the airline are as follows;
- It offers a range of job opportunities for freshers, 12th-pass, and graduates. Since one of the major problems in India is unemployment, Airline careers are undoubtedly one of the blooming industries creating employment opportunities.
- The salary and benefits offered to employees are attractive, and the working environment is also quite conducive.
- In addition to popular job profiles and lucrative packages, Airline careers also offer the opportunity to experience different cultures and explore different places.
- It also allows people to meet different kinds of people and learn new skills.
Airline Careers in India: Job Vacancies
There are numerous job opportunities available at an airline. Some of the popular job vacancies are as follows:
- Flight attendants
- Cabin crew
- Maintenance staff
- Customer service representatives
- Ticketing agents
- Ground staff.
There are a few eligibility requirements that you are required to fulfill to pursue Airline Career. Some of the basic requirements are as follows;
- The basic requirements are that the applicant should be at least 18 years old and have a valid passport.
- For pilots, you should have a valid commercial pilot‘s license and required experience.
- For flight attendants, you should have a degree in hospitality or a related field.
Please note that eligibility requirements vary depending on the job profiles.
If you want to pursue a career at Airline India, then you need to have relevant qualifications. The most highly valued degrees for Airline careers in India are;
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- Master’s Degree in Information Technology
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance
- Bachelor’s Degree in Economics
As a part of the application process, you must also submit a list of important documents. Some of the important documents are as follows;
- The application form,
- Copies of educational qualifications
- A valid passport,
- Valid commercial pilot’s license (if applicable).
Must Read: Aviation Courses After Graduation
As mentioned above, the application process is quite simple, and all you are required to do is follow the official website of Airline India for the latest notification and updates. You must submit an online application form accurately and completely before the deadline. In addition to this, you are also required to submit the application form along with the documents required. The application process may also involve attending an interview.
The recruitment process is quite simple and follows three basic steps.
- For airline careers in India, you must qualify for a written test, an aptitude test, and a personal interview.
- The recruitment process may include a medical examination and a technical test, depending on the position.
Highest-Paying Airline Careers in India
The highest-paying airline careers in India are pilots, engineers, and maintenance staff.
|Job Profile||Average Salary|
|Pilots||INR 4 Lakhs to INR 10 Lakhs|
|Engineers||INR 3.5 Lakhs to INR 8 Lakhs|
|Maintenance Staff||INR 2.5 Lakhs to INR 6 Lakhs|
|Flight Attendant||INR 2 Lakhs to INR 5 Lakhs|
|Customer care||INR 1 Lakhs to INR 3.5 Lakhs|
|Ground staff||INR 1.5 Lakhs to INR 4 Lakhs|
|Cabin Crew||INR 2 Lakhs to INR 5 Lakhs|
Must Read: Aviation Courses from Top Universities
Ans. The eligibility requirements for airline careers in India vary depending on the position. Generally, the applicant should be at least 18 years old and have a valid passport. For pilots, the applicant should have a valid commercial pilot’s license and the required experience.
Ans. The documents required for airline careers in India vary depending on the position. Generally, the documents required are:
The application form.
Copies of educational qualifications.
A valid passport.
A valid commercial pilot’s license (if applicable).
Ans. The highest-paying airline careers in India are pilots, engineers, and maintenance staff. Pilots are typically paid the highest salaries, followed by engineers and maintenance staff.
If you wish to learn more about other emerging careers in India and always want to stay updated. In that case, you can subscribe to Leverage Edu. You can also follow and connect with us through our socials like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn.