Each year lakhs and crores of young aspirants look up to SSC for getting the government jobs of their dreams. Owing to the job security and prestige of the positions, the Staff Selection Commission (SSC) sees a large pool of aspirants competing among themselves for that one position. One such position apart from SSC CGL and SSC Stenographer is that of SSC MTS which comes under the “Group C ” non-gazetted category. For recruitment into this position, the SSC holds a two-tier national-level examination. If you are going to apply for the post of Multi-Tasking (non-technical) Staff or SSC MTS and want to know every little detail about it, read on to know more.
This Blog Includes:
- What is SSC MTS Exam?
- SSC MTS Exam Dates 2022
- SSC MTS 2022 Latest Updates
- SSC MTS Jobs
- SSC MTS Vacancies
- Eligibility Criteria for SSC MTS
- How to Apply for SSC MTS?
- SSC MTS Application Fee 2022
- SSC MTS Exam Pattern 2022
- SSC MTS Documents Required
- Syllabus for SSC MTS
- SSC MTS Exam Analysis
- SSC MTS Preparation Tips
- SSC MTS 2022 Books
- SSC MTS Question Paper 2022
- SSC MTS Exam Centres
- SSC MTS Admit Card 2022
- SSC MTS Result & Cut-Off
- SSC MTS Selection Process
- SSC MTS Salary & Job Profile
What is SSC MTS Exam?
SSC Multitasking Staff, often known as SSC MTS, is a national level test held by the Staff Selection Commission to hire candidates for non-gazetted, non-ministerial positions in various ministries and departments of the Indian government. This test is divided into two parts: CBT and Descriptive Paper. Tier 1 is performed entirely online, whereas Tier 2 is entirely offline.
SSC MTS Exam Dates 2022
It is necessary for the candidates to know at least the tentative dates for the SSC MTS exam so that they can plan their study schedule accordingly and make necessary arrangements for it. , we have compiled a list of some tentative dates for the exam:
|SSC MTS Events||Important dates|
|SSC MTS Notification Date||22-03-2022|
|SSC MTS Apply Online Begin Date||22-03-2022|
|Last Date to Apply for SSC MTS 2022||30-04-2022|
|SSC MTS Admit Card 2022||To be announced|
|SSC MTS Tier 1 Exam Date 2022||July 2022|
SSC MTS 2022 Latest Updates
- SSC MTS 2022 Notification PDF issued on March 22, 2022.
- SSC MTS final answer key 2021-2022 was revealed on March 15, 2022.
- SSC MTS Tier 1 results will be revealed on March 4, 2022.
- SSC MTS notification date 2021-2022 is out! 17 December 2021: SSC MTS notification date 2021-2022 is out!
- SSC MTS answer key 2020-2021 is released on October 12th, 2021.
- The SSC MTS 2021 test began on October 5, 2021.
SSC MTS Jobs
Here are the jobs available for SSC MTS exams in 2022.
|Assistant Audit Officer Group ‘B’ Gazetted (Non Ministerial)||Divisional Accountant|
|Assistant Section Officer||Junior Statistical Officer|
|Assistant/Assistant Section Officer||Accountant/Junior Accountant|
|Inspector Of Income Tax||Senior SecretariatAssistant/Upper DivisionClerk|
|Inspector, (Central Excise)||Tax Assistant|
|Inspector (Preventive Officer)||Senior Secretariat Assistant/Upper Division Clerk|
|Asstt. Enforcement Officer||Inspector Post|
SSC MTS Vacancies
The vacancy for each department and post is highly detailed and is divided into different categories. Here are the total vacancies in the SSC MTS exam.
Eligibility Criteria for SSC MTS
In order to be eligible for taking the SSC MTS exam, the candidates need to fulfil the basic criteria, failing which they shall be disqualified from taking the exam. The eligibility parameters are based on the candidate’s nationality, age and education. Let us take a look at each one in detail:
- The candidate should be an Indian national, or
- A subject of Nepal or Bhutan, or
- A refugee from Tibet who came to India before 1st January 1962, or
- A person having Indian origin and has migrated from Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Burma and East African countries.
Those candidates who have already passed their Matriculation Examination (class 10th) are eligible to apply for SSC MTS exam.
Want to get admission to your dream university abroad? Then, Register Here!
The age of the candidate should be between 18 to 25 years as on 1st August 2020. The permissible upper age relaxation for multiple categories have been given in the table below:
|S.No.||Reserved Category in SSC MTS||Permissible Relaxation of Upper Age Limit|
|1.||Scheduled Caste (SC) or Scheduled Tribes (ST)||5 years|
|2.||Other Backward Classes (OBC)||3 years|
|3.||Persons with Disability (Unreserved)||10 years|
|4.||Persons with Disability (OBC)||13 years|
|5.||Persons with Disability (SC/ST)||15 years|
|7.||Domicile of J&K||5 years|
|8.||Defence Personnel with Disability||3 years|
|9.||Defence Personnel with Disability (SC/ST)||8 years|
|10.||Central Government Civilian Employees||Up to 40 years of age|
|11.||Central Government Civilian Employees (SC/ST)||Up to 45 years of age|
|12.||Widows or Divorced Women (General)||Up to 35 years of age|
|13.||Widows or Divorced Women (SC/ST)||Up to 40 years of age|
|14.||Service Clerks (General)||Up to 45 years of age|
|15.||Service Clerks (SC/ST)||Up to 50 years of age|
How to Apply for SSC MTS?
In order to apply for the SSC MTS exam, the candidates can adhere to the following procedure:
- The application mode for the exam is online and the applicants can visit the official website of SSC to apply for the exam.
- Click on the required link to redirect towards the application form and enter all your relevant personal and academic details.
- Upload the necessary documents and submit.
- Pay an application fee of INR 100/- (Women, PWD, SC/ST and Ex-servicemen are exempted from any payment).
- Once you complete the online payment, save the application form for future reference.
SSC MTS Application Fee 2022
For SSC MTS 2022, the application fee is Rs. 100/-. The application cost is waived for those who fall under the SC/ST/PWD/Ex-servicemen categories. Furthermore, female candidates are not required to pay the application cost for the SSC MTS 2022 test.
|Other Category||Rs. 100|
SSC MTS Exam Pattern 2022
With mere application and studying for competitive exams is not enough as it is equally important for the candidates to have an exact idea about the mode of examination and how will the question paper look like. The SSC MTS examination is held in 2 stages – Paper 1 which is computer-based while Paper 2 is descriptive. Let us discuss both the stages in detail:
These tests have no provision for re-evaluation/ re-checking scores.
|Part||Paper||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks|
|II||General Intelligence & Reasoning||25||25|
- The test duration is 90 minutes for general students and 120 minutes for those who are eligible for scribes.
- The question types will be Objective Type, Multiple choice questions. The question paper will be set in Hindi and English for all parts except I.
- There is a negative marking of 0.25 for each wrong answer.
|Short Essay/Letter in English or in any language included in the 8th schedule of the Constitution.||50||30 minutes (40 minutes for those who are eligible for scribes)|
- The paper will be on a ‘pen and paper’ mode. You will be required to write a short essay.
- Paper II will be held for those students only who qualify for Paper I.
- Candidates must write their roll number on the sheet and affix signature and left hand thumb impression on mentioned areas in the paper.
- You cannot write any personal details on your test papers
SSC MTS Documents Required
You must take the following documents with you during the test.
- Two passport size photographs
- Aadhaar Card/ Printout of E-Aadhaar
- Voter’s ID Card
- Driving License
- PAN Card
- ID Card issued by University/ College/ School
- Employer ID Card (Govt./ PSU)
- Ex-Serviceman Discharge Book issued by Ministry of Defence
- Any other photo bearing ID Card issued by the Central/ State Government.
- PWD students must bring their medical certificates if you are availing the facility of scribe
Syllabus for SSC MTS
The syllabus is the soul of every examination. Will you be able to ace a test if you have no idea about what all topics will be covered? We know that the SSC MTS exam is divided into two stages of assessment, Paper 1 is objective MCQ while Paper 2 is descriptive. The SSC MTS syllabus would contain almost all the important topics that have been already covered in the CBSE class 10 syllabus. Given below is a detailed explanation of the prominent topics covered in the exam:
Paper 1 (MCQs)
|S.No.||Parts||Important Topics Covered in SSC MTS|
|1.||General English||Basic usage of English Grammar; Vocabulary; Synonyms; Antonyms; Sentence Structure, etc.|
|2.||General Intelligence and Reasoning||Similarities and Differences; Judgement; Decision Making; Arithmetical Number Series; Classification; Non-verbal Series; Visual Memory, etc.|
|3.||Numerical Aptitude||Number Systems; Decimals and Fractions; Arithmetical Operations; Profit and Loss; Interest; Ratio and Proportion; Time and Distance; Time and Work; Ratio and Time; Average; Percentages, etc.|
|4.||General Awareness||Basic General Knowledge related to the Society and Environment; Current Events; Sports; History and Geography; Polity; Indian Constitution; Economics, etc.|
Paper 2 (Descriptive Question)
This section tests the basic language skills of the candidate keeping in view the educational qualification needed for the particular position that the candidate has applied for. As we already know, the medium of the tier two examination can be either English or any language which is mentioned in the 8th Schedule of the Indian Constitution.
SSC MTS Exam Analysis
Candidates must be aware of the allocation of questions asked from each topic by SSC in the test when studying for the SSC MTS Exam. We have reviewed SSC MTS previous year’s exam analysis for the Tier-1 Exam in the area below for your convenience. I hope this has been of tremendous assistance in moving forward with your SSC MTS 2022 preparation approach.
|Topics||No of Questions Asked||Level of Exam|
|Odd one out||2||Easy-Moderate|
|Topics||No of Questions Asked||Level of Exam|
|S.I, CI, Profit/Loss||2||Easy-Moderate|
|Time and Work||2||Moderate|
|Speed and Distance||2-3||Easy-Moderate|
|Average & Percentage||4-5||Moderate|
|DI (bar graph)||5||Easy-Moderate|
|Topics||No of Questions Asked||Level of Exam|
|Fillers (Single Filler)||2||Easy|
|One word substitution||2||Easy|
Last year, the General Awareness section’s questions ranged from Easy to Moderate. Static GK, Science, Awards and Honors, Current Affairs, Indian Constitution, Sports, Important Dates & Days, Portfolios, History, Culture, Geography, India and its Neighboring Countries were the key areas of attention this year. On the 06th October Shift-1 of the SSC MTS Tier-1 Exam, static GK was given a larger weightage in the General Awareness Section.
SSC MTS Preparation Tips
- There is no shortcut to crack the SSC MTS exam. Better, you make a timetable and follow it accordingly. So that you can cover every topic and devote at least 3-4 hours every day.
- Go through the sample papers and previous years’ question papers to know the SSC MTS exam pattern. It will in turn help you to understand the important areas, from where the maximum questions are asked.
- Once you complete your syllabus, you should take full-length mock tests every day. Hence, you can prepare yourself mentally before appearing for the exam. You can make a habit of completing the paper within the mentioned time limit.
- Go through the mistakes and self-evaluate yourself. Make a note of it and try to never repeat those mistakes.
- Examine your errors and do a self-evaluation. Make a note of it and try not to make the same mistakes again.
SSC MTS 2022 Books
|Subjects||Name of the Book||Name of the Author|
|English Language||Plinth to Paramount||Neetu Singh|
|Wren & Martin (for basics)||P.C Wren|
|General Awareness||Lucent’s Objective General Knowledge||Lucent Publication|
|Lucent’s G.K paperback||Dr.Binay Karna, Sanjeev Kumar, and Manwendra Mukul|
|Numerical Aptitude||Kiran||Kiran’s Publications|
|Magical book on quicker maths (M. Tyra)||BSC Publishing Co. Pvt. Ltd.|
|General Intelligence and Reasoning||Lucent Reasoning||Lucent Publication|
SSC MTS Question Paper 2022
The SSC MTS question papers from the previous year will assist you in determining the true level of the MTS (Non-Technical) test. Once you have a thorough understanding of last year’s question paper, you may begin your preparations appropriately. Solving SSC MTS Previous Year Question Paper will improve your time management abilities as well as familiarise you with the sorts of questions that will be asked. Because this test follows a set pattern, being familiar with the sorts of questions offered can help you feel more confident. It will also offer you an indication of your degree of preparedness. following are the last year’s Question Papers
SSC MTS Exam Centres
Exam Centres for SSC MTS Exam are all around the country. However, before choosing for yourself, you must know these details:
- You must opt for three centres in the same region.
- Once confirmed, no request for change will be entertained
- The Commission holds the power to cancel any centre and accommodate students from that centre to another of their choice.
Here are the details of all the Exam Centres for SSC MTS in 2022
|State/ Regions||Examination Centres||Regional Offices|
|Central Region (CR)/ Bihar and Uttar Pradesh||Bhagalpur(3201)
|Regional Director (CR),
Staff Selection Commission, 34-A, Mahatma Gandhi Marg,
Civil lines, Kendriya Sadan, Prayagraj – 211001. http://www.ssc-cr.org
|Eastern Region (ER)/ Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Jharkhand, Odisha, Sikkim and West Bengal||Port Blair (4802)
Eastern Region (ER)/ Andaman & Regional Director (ER)
Staff Selection Commission
|Regional Director (ER),
Staff Selection Commission 1st MSO Building, (8th Floor),
234/4, Acharya Jagadish Chandra Bose Road, Kolkata, West Bengal-700020
|Karnataka, Kerala Region (KKR)/ Lakshadweep, Karnataka and Kerala||Belagavi (9002)
Kalaburagi (Gulbarga) (9005)
|Regional Director (KKR), Staff Selection Commission, 1st Floor, “E” Wing, Kendriya Sadan, Koramangala, Bengaluru, Karnataka-560034 www.ssckkr.kar.nic.in|
|Madhya Pradesh Sub- Region (MPR)/ Chhattisgarh and Madhya Pradesh||Bhopal (6001)
|Dy. Director (MPR), Staff Selection Commission, 5th Floor, Investment Building, LIC Campus- 2, Pandri, Raipur, Chhattisgarh-492004
|North Eastern Region (NER)/ Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland and Tripura.||Itanagar(5001)
|Regional Director (NER), Staff Selection Commission, Housefed Complex, Last Gate, Beltola- Basistha Road, P.O. Assam Sachivalaya, Dispur, Guwahati, Assam-781006 www.sscner.org.in|
|Northern Region (NR)/ Delhi, Rajasthan and Uttarakhand||Dehradun(2002)
|Regional Director (NR), Staff Selection Commission, Block No. 12, CGO Complex, Lodhi Road, New Delhi-110003 www.sscnr.net.in|
|North Western Sub-Region (NWR)/ Chandigarh, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, Jammu and Kashmir, Ladakh and Punjab||Chandigarh/Mohali(1601)
|Dy. Director (NWR), Staff Selection Commission, Block No. 3, Ground Floor, Kendriya Sadan, Sector-9, Chandigarh- 160009 www.sscnwr.org|
|Southern Region (SR)/ Andhra Pradesh, Puducherry, Tamil Nadu and Telangana.||Chirala(8011)
|Regional Director (SR), Staff Selection Commission, 2nd Floor, EVK Sampath Building, DPI Campus, College Road, Chennai, Tamil Nadu-600006 www.sscsr.gov.in|
|Western Region (WR)/ Dadra and Nagar Haveli and Daman and Diu, Goa, Gujarat and Maharashtra||Panaji(7801)
Amravati(7201) Aurangabad(7202) Jalgaon(7214)
|Regional Director (WR), Staff Selection Commission, 1st Floor, South Wing, Pratishtha Bhawan, 101, Maharshi Karve Road, Mumbai, Maharashtra-400020
SSC MTS Admit Card 2022
For each step, the Staff Selection Commission initially issues the SSC MTS Application Status, followed by the SSC MTS Admit Card. Because neither hardcopy or soft copy of the SSC MTS 2022 Admit Card will be provided to the applicants, they must get it from the official website.
SSC MTS Result & Cut-Off
After the test for the various levels has been performed, the Staff Selection Commission of India will announce the SSC MTS 2022 Result. By clicking on this link, candidates can verify their results. link. SC MTS Cut-off is the minimum score required to advance to the next stage of the test for hopefuls sitting the exam. The cutoff will be announced twice: once for Paper 1 (Tier-1) and again for Paper 2 (Tier-2) (Tier-2). Cutoffs are announced at the same time as the results.
|SSC MTS Tier-1 Cut-off 2021|
|State||18-25 years||18-27 years|
|Andaman & Nicobar||—||75.03|
|Tamil Nadu & Puducherry||77.96||76.55|
SSC MTS Selection Process
The phases in the SSC MTS selection procedure are as follows:
Complete the SSC MTS application form.
Candidates must first complete the SSC MTS 2022 application form on the commission’s official website. Candidates must additionally submit an application fee of INR 100 in the form of online payment.
SSC MTS Admit Card Download
The application status and admission cards will be available on the SSC regional websites. The SSC MTS admission card provides all relevant information about the candidate (such as name, roll number, and category) as well as the test (such as exam center name, address).
Paper-I of the SSC MTS
The SSC MTS Paper-I is a 90-minute computer-based test. The test consists mostly of questions from the fields of English, Reasoning, Numerical Aptitude, and General Awareness. The whole SSC MTS test pattern may be seen here.
Examine for the SSC MTS Paper-II.
Candidates who pass paper I must sit for SSC MTS paper II. Paper-II of the SSC MTS exam is a descriptive test that lasts 30 minutes. Candidates must prepare a brief essay or letter in English or another regional language for this paper. The purpose of this article is solely to qualify. The Staff Selection Commission will publish the final SSC MTS result on its official website once both papers have been completed. Candidates who pass the test will be required to attend the document verification stage.
Attend the document verification round of the SSC MTS.
Finally, all eligible applicants must attend the document verification round with all original papers required by the commission. All candidates whose documents are verified successfully will be assigned services based on the existing openings.
SSC MTS Salary & Job Profile
‘How much is SSC MTS monthly salary?’ is one of the queries that every aspirant has. So, to assist you to put an end to all your worries, we’ve included the complete SSC MTS 2022 compensation structure below. Candidates who pass all phases of the SSC MTS will be paid according to the 7th pay commission, with an in-hand SSC MTS salary ranging from Rs 16,000 to Rs 22,000 per month based on their assignment and a pay band of (Rs.5200 – 20200). Aside from that, the SSC Multitasking staff role is backed by a number of other wage advantages. After passing the SSC MTS test, one must be aware of the types of jobs that may be assigned to them. Take a look at the job profile for SSC MTS 2022:
- Physical upkeep of the section’s records.
- The section/general unit’s cleanliness and care.
- Transporting files and other documents throughout the premises.
- Photocopying, FAX transmission, and so forth.
- Work in the sections/units that isn’t clerical
- Assisting with day-to-day office tasks.
- The delivery of Dak (inside and outside the building)
- Duties of watch and ward
- Rooms are opened and closed.
- Rooms are cleaned.
- Cleaning and dusting of furniture, etc.
- Cleaning of the structure, fixtures, and so on.
- Work that relates to his ITI certificate (if it exists)
- Vehicle operation (if in possession of a valid driving license)
- Parks, lawns, and potted plants, for example, require regular maintenance.
- Any other task that a superior authority has allocated to you.
Staff Selection Commission Multitasking Staff (SSC MTS) is an acronym for Staff Selection Commission Multitasking Staff. It is a nationwide test held every year to select qualified applicants for non-gazetted, non-ministerial positions in the General Central Service Group-C.
The Staff Selection Commission hasn’t established a maximum number of attempts for the SSC Multitasking Staff Exam. The applicant can take the SSC MTS test as long as he meets the age requirement.
It is vital to know if you meet the SSC MTS Age Limit requirement before filling out the application form. The age restriction for SSC MTS is 18 to 27 years, according to the qualifying requirements stated in the SSC MTS Notification. Candidates from the SC/ST, OBC, PWD, and other restricted categories have also been accorded an age relaxation by the Commission.
We hope that we have provided you with all the necessary information about the SSC MTS examination. If you are a 10th class student and confused about how to study in class 10 and struggling to find good career counseling after 10th, Leverage Edu is here for you. We understand your strength and help choose the right subject combination that will create a foundation for a perfect career.