Founded in 1958, IESE Business School is centred in Barcelona but have campuses in Madrid, Sao Pulao, Munich and New York. It is one of the most prestigious global business schools that houses students from 65 nationalities. IESE Business School offers an entrepreneurship based program, FINAVES, which helps in bringing student-based startups to life. Continue reading to know the arguments in favour of going for an IESE business school MBA.
|Course Name||IESE Business School MBA|
|Duration||15 to 19 months|
|Location||Barcelona and other options|
|Start Date||September 2022|
|Employment Rate||94% within 3 months|
This Blog Includes:
5 Reasons to Go to IESE MBA
- Academically Rigorous Program
- An MBA at IESE is probably the most academically rigorous, 19-month study program, amongst all the MBA courses across the globe.
- It aims at developing a great business analytical mindset. Also, the college focuses on increasing the efficiency of the students by improving their ability to work effectively in any given situation.
- The FINAVES Program
- IESE Business School started with a program in 2000, Finaves. This platform was started to support student entrepreneurs and promote innovation and entrepreneurship.
- Moreover, Finaves brought together IESE alumni, entrepreneurs and investors at one stage to foster new ventures.
- And FINAVES has created 2400 jobs by 40 ventures in the span of 10 years.
- An Exceptional Networking Experience
- IESE is one of the oldest schools in Europe. Also, today, it is one of the most culturally rich institutions with students from 65 nationalities and faculty members from 35 different nations.
- About one-third of the class is from outside Spain. Therefore, an IESE MBA is a comprehensive networking experience.
- Return on Investment
- The college immensely invests in each student’s professional growth. Consequently, they ensure that all the students make great careers and emerge as business leaders one day.
- About 60 leading companies attended IESE’s Annual Career Fair and about 300 companies recruit from their campus every year.
- Furthermore, the median base salary of The Class of 2016 was 105,000 Euro.
- A Verdant Campus
- IESE Business School has a beautiful campus with breathtaking views of the Barcelona skyline.
- Located in the heart of the city and with multiple campuses in some of the most developed cities, IESE provides unparalleled opportunities for recreation, networking and business.
IESE MBA is known worldwide for offering a world-class education and its top rankings stand as proof. The MBA course ranks:
- #1 in student satisfaction 2021 by Financial Times
- #4 in the World 2021 by the Financial Times
- #1 MBA in the World 2021 by The Economist
- #5 in the World 2021 by QS Global MBA Rankings
Also Read: Study in Spain For Indian Students
IESE Class Profile
IESE admits some of the best brains in the world. The school has admitted students from around the world for their Batch 2022
|Average Age||29 years|
|Number of Students||350+|
|Average Experience||5.8 years|
|Average GMAT Score||681|
|Average IELTS Score||7.5|
IESE MBA Fees
|Application||$200 (INR 14730)|
|Non-refundable Commitment Fee||€3,000 (INR 258850)|
|Tuition Installment||€7,000 (INR 603990)|
|MBA Year 1 Fee||€34,975 (INR 3017810)|
|MBA Year 2 Fee||€44,975 (INR 3880660)|
IESE Program Structure
The IESE MBA course covers 24 core courses during the 15 to 19-month program. There are more than 130 electives including the Future of Capitalism, Barcelona Technology Transfer, Digital-Driven Organization, Sustainable Finance, Python Bootcamp for Data Analysis.
The core courses include:
- Leadership and Self Management
- Decision Making for Executives and Strategy
The timeline of the course starts in August with Optional Intensive classes
- The month of September to March includes core classes
- In the month of March, students can decide on whether they want a 19-month program or a 15-month program
- For the 19-month program, the Summer Internship starts in the month of June. This includes a corporate internship around the world with entrepreneurial experience on campus
- For the 15-month program, the Summer classes focus on marketing, information and systems and entrepreneurship
- Both the teams start electives & overseas modules or the International Exchange programs.
- December is the End of Class for the 15-month program and April for the 18-month program
IESE MBA Requirements
In order to apply for the IESE MBA course, you need to make sure you are qualified.
- You must have an undergraduate degree
- You must have a high GMAT/ GRE Score (average 680+)
- Must have leadership capability
- Must have at least 3 years of experience
- An international experience is appreciated
- Must have good communication skills and a team player mentality
IESE MBA Application
You can start your journey by filling out the application form for the course.
- Apply online on the university website and submit the required documents.
- Official transcripts
- GMAT/ GRE Score
- English test
- One letter of recommendation
- Once you have filled the application, pay the non-refundable fee of $200
- Next, you must attend the face-to-face interview held on IESE campus in Barcelona, via conference or with admission direction
- If selected, you can be a part of the Assessment Day where you share your experience with your potential future classmates
- Once you are done with the application process, it will be presented to the final committee
- If selected, you will receive a phone call and email informing you of that
IESE Application Deadline
|Early Decision Board||September 6, 2021|
|Round 1||October 13, 2021|
|Round 2||January 7, 2022|
|Round 3||March 21, 2022|
|Last Round||May 9, 2022|
IESE offers multiple scholarships for students planning to study at the university. The IESE Scholarship application needs to be completed and submitted within the MBA Application form to the Admission Department. To check for your eligibility, you can contact the admissions team for the program that you are applying.
- IESE Trust Scholarship
- Forte Scholarship
- IESE Women in STEM
- IESE Women in Management Scholarship
- IESE Diverse Scholarship
- IESE Leaders in Africa Scholarship
- IESE Leaders in Emerging Markets Scholarship
- IESE Entrepreneurship Scholarship
- IESE Technology and Innovation Scholarship
- IESE Leaders in Sustainability Scholarship
- IESE Leaders in Non-profit and Public Sector Scholarship
- IESE Family Scholarship
- IESE Alumni Association Scholarship
- IESE Covid-19 Scholarship
Also Read: Scholarships for Spain
IESE Employment Rate
The IESE MBA offers employment opportunities in multiple industries.
|Job Profile||Percentage of Students Recruited|
The career opportunities that the course offers are:
- 33% students had triple jump by changing industry, function and geography
- 33% full-time employment sponsored visas
- More than 400 companies come for recruitment
- 190 companies offer interviews on campus
- Students see a 131% increase in salary within 3 years
- 30% of students started a business within 5 years after graduation
Do Check Out These MBA Schools
- London Business School
- ISB (Indian School of Business)
- Harvard Business School
- Stanford GSB
- MBA in Oxford University
- ESCP Business School
Are you interested in pursuing an IESE MBA? Connect with our experts at Leverage Edu and we will help you throughout the process from your selecting the course to Visa. So, what are you waiting for? Book your FREE Counselling session now or simply call us at 1800 57 2000.