Covering various facets of different branches of Biology, the NCERT Biology class 11 book describes and discusses all the topics in detail giving the students many insights. It even covers the content which would be required by them to get through various Medical entrance exams like NEET, JIPMER, AIIMS, etc. Read on to know more about the contents of the NCERT Biology Class 11 syllabus.
This Blog Includes:
- What Does the NCERT Biology Class 11 Book Entail?
- Why You Should Read NCERT Book for Class 11 Biology?
- List of Chapters in NCERT Biology Class 11 Book
- NCERT Class 11 Biology Syllabus: Overview of the Chapters
- Class 11 Biology NCERT Solutions
- Class 11 Biology NCERT PDF Links
- Prescribed Books
- Benefits of NCERT Class 11 Biology Syllabus
What Does the NCERT Biology Class 11 Book Entail?
NCERT Biology Class 11 is divided into 5 sections which are called units. These units come with different weightage of marks. Furthermore, it comes with multiple exercises and solutions at the end of all chapters. Therefore, it is recommended to refer to this book as it acts as a guideline for the preparation for different competitive exams like medical entrance exams, UPSC exams, etc. Enlisted are the 5 units that are elaborated on in this guide:
- Diversity in the Living World
- Structural Organisation in Plants and Animals
- Cell-Structure and Functions
- Plant Physiology
- Human Physiology
The evaluation scheme of the class 11 biology syllabus is given below:
|I||Diversity of Living Organisms||15|
|II||Structural Organisation in Plants and Animals||10|
|III||Cell: Structure and Function||15|
Must Read: CBSE Class 11 Biology Syllabus
Why You Should Read NCERT Book for Class 11 Biology?
The NCERT Class 11 Biology Syllabus is outlined in the NCERT Book for Class 11, which provides a comprehensive overview of all the subjects and ideas covered in the subject. This book can help students with any questions they may have about the subject.
- Brief, straightforward explanations were provided for each topic and idea.
- Cover essential subjects that are frequently questioned in competitive tests.
- Aid Candidates in their thorough preparation for boards and competitive tests.
- Assists Students in evaluating their performance and knowledge gaps.
- Students can become more knowledgeable about important subjects.
List of Chapters in NCERT Biology Class 11 Book
There are about 22 chapters in the NCERT Biology Class 11 book which shed light on various facets of the field like Cell Cycle, Anatomy, Digestion, Mineral Nutrition, etc. Tabulated below are the unit-wise chapters of the class 11 biology syllabus:
- Chapter 1: The Living World
- Chapter 2: Biological Classification
- Chapter 3: Plant Kingdom
- Chapter 4: Animal Kingdom
- Chapter 5: Morphology of Flowering Plants
- Chapter 6: Anatomy of Flowering Plants
- Chapter 7: Structural Organisation in Animals
- Chapter 8: The Unit of Life
- Chapter 9: Biomolecules
- Chapter 10: Cell Cycle and Cell Division
- Chapter 11: Transport in Plants
- Chapter 12: Mineral Nutrition
- Chapter 13: Photosynthesis in Higher Plants
- Chapter 14: Respiration in Plants
- Chapter 15: Plant Growth and Development
- Chapter 16: Digestion and Absorption
- Chapter 17: Breathing and Exchange of Gases
- Chapter 18: Body Fluids and Circulation
- Chapter 19: Excretory Products and Their Elimination
- Chapter 20: Locomotion and Movement
- Chapter 21: Neural Control and Coordination
- Chapter 22: Chemical Coordination and Integration
NCERT Book for Class 11 Biology Chapters in Hindi
|इकाई एक जीव जगत में विविध्त|
|अध्याय 1 जीव जगत|
|अध्याय 2 जीव जगत का वर्गीकरण|
|अध्याय 3 वनस्पति जगत|
|अध्याय 4 प्राणि जगत|
|इकाई दो पादप एवं प्राणियों में संरचनात्मक संगठन|
|अध्याय 5 पुष्पी पादपों का आकारिकी|
|अध्याय 6 पुष्पी पादपों का शारीर|
|अध्याय 7 प्राणियों में संरचनात्मक संगठन|
|इकाई तीन कोशिकाः संरचना एवं काय|
|अध्याय 8 कोशिका : जीवन की इकाई|
|अध्याय 9 जैव अण|
|अध्याय 10 कोशिका चक्र और कोशिका विभाजन|
|इकाई चार पादप कार्यकीय ;शरीर क्रियात्मकताद्ध|
|अध्याय 11 पौधों में परिवहन|
|अध्याय 12 खनिज पोषण|
|अध्याय 13 उच्च पादपों में प्रकाश-संश्लेषण|
|अध्याय 14 पादप में श्वसन|
|अध्याय 15 पादप वृद्धि एवं परिवर्धन|
|इकाई पाँच मानव शरीर विज्ञान|
|अध्याय 16 पाचन एवं अवशोषण|
|अध्याय 17 श्वसन और गैसों का विनिमय|
|अध्याय 18 शरीर द्रव तथा परिसंचरण|
|अध्याय 19 उत्सर्जी उत्पाद एवं उनका निष्कासन|
|अध्याय 20 गमन एवं संचलन|
|अध्याय 21 तंत्रिकीय नियंत्राण एवं समन्वय|
|अध्याय 22 रासायनिक समन्वय तथा एकीकरण|
NCERT Class 11 Biology Syllabus: Overview of the Chapters
Now that you are familiar with the units and chapters covered, let us understand the NCERT class 11 biology syllabus in detail.
- The Living World – This talks about biodiversity and the domains of life. Also, it gives you insights into the concepts of species and the vocabulary of various species.
- Biological Classification – It talks about the features of Monera, Protista, and Fungi and the classifications of multiple groups.
- Plant Kingdom – It talks about the features of the plant kingdom. This NCERT Biology Class 11 chapter discusses Algae, Bryophyta, Pteridophyte, Gymnospermae, and Angiospermae.
- Animal Kingdom – It talks about the classification of animals. It explains non-chordates up to Phyta and chordates.
- Morphology of Flowering Plants – This chapter of NCERT Biology Class 11 discusses Morphology and modifications in various plant parts.
- Anatomy of Flowering Plants – Talks about the different functions of different tissue systems and their anatomy.
- Structural Organisation in Animals – This chapter talks about animal tissues and functions and the anatomy of various systems of animals and insects.
- Cell– The Unit of Life – It talks about cell theory and the structure of different kinds of cells. Also, it talks about the different types of cells.
- Biomolecules – This chapter of NCERT Biology Class 11 talks about biomolecules, enzymes, proteins, etc.
- Cell Cycle and Cell Division– Covers cell cycles, mitosis, and meiosis.
- Transport in Plants – This chapter explains how water and other substances travel through plants and how the cell-to-cell movement of nutrients is made.
- Mineral Nutrition – This chapter talks about the essential macro and micronutrients and their roles in keeping our bodies healthy.
- Photosynthesis in Higher Plants – This chapter talks about autotrophic nutrition and pigments involved in the process of photosynthesis.
- Respiration in Plants – Talks about the exchange of gases and different kinds of respiration.
- Plant Growth and Development – This chapter in the NCERT Biology Class 11 book talks about the phases of plant growth and the developmental processes that are involved.
- Digestion and Absorption – Talks about the various processes that go on inside the digestive system.
- Breathing and Exchange of Gases – Talks about respiration in animals and humans.
- Body Fluids and Circulation – This chapter in the NCERT Biology Class 11 book gives you a comprehensive understanding of the composition of blood and talks about the various components of blood and how it is circulated through our bodies.
- Excretory Products and Their Elimination – Explains the different modes of excretion and the regulation of the kidney.
- Locomotion and Movement – This chapter talks about the different kinds of movements and the muscular and skeletal systems.
- Neural Control and Coordination – This chapter discusses in detail the intricacies and the working of the nervous system.
- Chemical Coordination and Integration– This chapter talks about different endocrine glands and hormones.
Class 11 Biology NCERT Solutions
|NCERT Biology Class 11 Chapters||Solutions|
|Chapter 1- The Living World||Solutions|
|Chapter 2- Biological Classification||Solutions|
|Chapter 3- Plant Kingdom||Solutions|
|Chapter 4- Animal Kingdom||Solutions|
|Chapter 5- Morphology of Flowering Plants||Solutions|
|Chapter 6- Anatomy of Flowering Plants||Solutions|
|Chapter 7- Structural Organisation in Animals||Solutions|
|Chapter 8: Cell: The Unit of Life||Solutions|
|Chapter 9: Biomolecules||Solutions|
|Chapter 10: Cell Cycle and Cell Division||Solutions|
|Chapter 11: Transport in Plants||Solutions|
|Chapter 12: Mineral Nutrition||Solutions|
|Chapter 13: Photosynthesis in Higher Plants||Solutions|
|Chapter 14: Respiration in Plants||Solutions|
|Chapter 15: Plant Growth and Development||Solutions|
|Chapter 16: Digestion and Absorption||Solutions|
|Chapter 17: Breathing and Exchange of Gases||Solutions|
|Chapter 18: Body Fluids and Circulation||Solutions|
|Chapter 19: Excretory Products and Their Elimination||Solutions|
|Chapter 20: Locomotion and Movement||Solutions|
|Chapter 21: Neural Control and Coordination||Solutions|
|Chapter 22: Chemical Coordination and Integration||Solutions|
|NCERT Biology Class 11 Chapters||PDF Links|
|Chapter 1- The Living World||Click Here|
|Chapter 2- Biological Classification||Click Here|
|Chapter 3- Plant Kingdom||Click Here|
|Chapter 4- Animal Kingdom||Click Here|
|Chapter 5- Morphology of Flowering Plants||Click Here|
|Chapter 6- Anatomy of Flowering Plants||Click Here|
|Chapter 7- Structural Organisation in Animals||Click Here|
|Chapter 8: Cell: The Unit of Life||Click Here|
|Chapter 9: Biomolecules||Click Here|
|Chapter 10: Cell Cycle and Cell Division||Click Here|
|Chapter 11: Transport in Plants||Click Here|
|Chapter 12: Mineral Nutrition||Click Here|
|Chapter 13: Photosynthesis in Higher Plants||Click Here|
|Chapter 14: Respiration in Plants||Click Here|
|Chapter 15: Plant Growth and Development||Click Here|
|Chapter 16: Digestion and Absorption||Click Here|
|Chapter 17: Breathing and Exchange of Gases||Click Here|
|Chapter 18: Body Fluids and Circulation||Click Here|
|Chapter 19: Excretory Products and Their Elimination||Click Here|
|Chapter 20: Locomotion and Movement||Click Here|
|Chapter 21: Neural Control and Coordination||Click Here|
|Chapter 22: Chemical Coordination and Integration||Click Here|
CBSE recommends NCERT Books for each topic. CBSE prescribed the book “Biology Class-XI, Published by NCERT” to cover the 11th-grade Biology syllabus. Aside from this, candidates should read the following reference books to get extra information:
- S. Chand’s Biology for Class XI
- Modern”s Abc Biology Class 11 Part 1 & 2
Must Read: NCERT Biology Class 11 Syllabus
Benefits of NCERT Class 11 Biology Syllabus
- It is essential for preparing for the yearly and terminal tests by offering the entire course framework.
- It also advises students to prepare for their practical exam, which is a vital part of obtaining good grades.
- The NCERT curriculum for Class 11 Books assists students in developing a study plan and an exam-day approach.
- This syllabus is freely accessible online from the official website, or students can download it using the links provided below.
Ans. The syllabus consists of five units: (i) Diversity of Living Organisms (ii) Structural Organisation in Plants and Animals (iii) Cell: Structure and Function (iv) Plant Physiology (v) Human Physiology.
Ans. The NCERT Biology Class 11 book contains approximately 22 chapters that cover various aspects of the topic such as Cell Cycle, Anatomy, Digestion, Mineral Nutrition, and so on.
Ans. CBSE Class 11 Biology Syllabus 2023 consists of 5 units. The units of CBSE Class 11 Biology Syllabus 2023 are Diversity of Living Organisms, Structural Organization in Plants and Animals, Cell: Structure and Function, Plant Physiology, and Human Physiology.
Ans. Mineral Nutrition, Transport in Plants, and Digestion and Absorption are among the few chapters that have been completely eliminated from the class 11 Biology syllabus 2023-24.
Hence, the NCERT Biology class 11 is very detailed and builds a strong conceptual understanding of various topics. For your future education plans, consult the experts at Leverage Edu who will help you choose the right career options, and will also assist in completing the application formalities to take admission to universities abroad.