Even before you graduate from college, you can switch to this UK work visa

2 minute read
Study Abroad: How the EB-5 visa has saved those with H1-B visas?
Candidates can now apply for a skilled worker visa without having to finish their degree after obtaining a job offer from a business recognised by the Home Office.

The eligibility requirements for the UK’s skilled worker visa have changed, making it simpler for international students already residing there to cross over. According to the revised regulations, candidates can now apply for a skilled worker visa without having a degree-level qualification. Students who are able to obtain a job offer from a business recognised by the Home Office can apply to convert from the student route to the skilled worker route immediately.

Since it provides a less expensive and quicker road to finding full-time employment in the UK, more and more international students are choosing this option. However, before accessing the job market, students who choose the graduate route must pay exorbitant course fees and upkeep for the duration of their programme.

A skilled worker visa requires that you:

  • work for a UK employer who has received Home Office approval
  • possess a “certificate of sponsorship” from your employer detailing the job offer you received in the UK
  • perform a work that is listed among the qualifying professions
  • receive a minimum wage; the amount depends on the work you accomplish.

Additionally, you must be able to speak, read, write, and comprehend English. When you apply, you’ll typically be asked to demonstrate your proficiency in English.

If you are currently in the UK, you cannot convert to this visa:

  • on a temporary student visa on a parent-of-a-child visa 
  • you may be in possession of a student visa 
  • a seasonal worker visa 
  • a domestic worker visa 
  • an immigration bail

What will it cost?

To qualify for a Skilled Worker visa, you must be financially capable of:

  • pay the application fee, which varies depending on your circumstances from £625 (₹ 62k) to £1,423 (₹ 1.42 Lakh).
  • pay the annual healthcare surcharge, which is typically £624 (₹ 62k).

You’ll pay a lesser application price if your occupation is listed as a shortage occupation.

The typical charge for extending, switching, or updating your visa if you are applying from within the United Kingdom depends on how long you plan to stay in the country:

  • £719 (₹ 72k) per person for up to three years.
  • more than 3 years: £1,423 (₹ 1.42 Lakhs) for each individual

You must also demonstrate that you have the resources to support yourself if you have been in the UK for less than a year; typically, this means having at least £1,270 (₹ 1.27 Lakh) in your bank account. The funds must have been accessible to you for at least 28 days straight. Day 28 must occur no later than 31 days after this visa application.

Follow Leverage Edu News for more such study abroad updates!  

Leave a Reply

Required fields are marked *