UPES or the University of Petroleum and Energy Studies is a private university located in Dehradun, Uttarakhand. One of the top universities in India especially for management studies, the university offers a range of undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral courses in the area of petroleum and energy studies. The UPES admissions 2022 will be carried out through both entrance exam and merit lists varying as per the programs. Take a look at this blog to know all about UPES admissions 2020.
This Blog Includes:
- Important Dates for UPES Admissions 2022
- How to Apply?
- Departments and Courses offered
- Eligibility Criteria
- General Eligibility
- UPES Admission 2022 Result
- Financial Assistance and Scholarships
Important Dates for UPES Admissions 2022
Let’s take a look at the important dates to keep in mind for the UPES admissions 2022 including the last dates for application and the examination dates:
|Starting of the application process||Started|
|End of the application process||30th June 2022|
|Exam date||3rd to 5th July 2022|
|Result declaration by||July 2022|
|Commencement of Registration||Started|
|Last date of submission||15th May 2022|
|Exam Dates||17th May 2022|
|Result/Merit List||May 2022|
How to Apply?
Now that you know about the important dates for the various entrance exams for UPES admissions 2022, let’s take a look at the application process for the same. The application form for the UPES admissions 2020 can be accessed by visiting the institute’s official website. The steps for filling up the application are as follows:
- Fill up the required information in the personal details page including your name, birth date, email id, course of study etc.
- Enter all the correct information regarding your academic qualifications in the academic history page.
- Make the payment of the required fees in the next step.
- Complete the application and take a print out for future reference.
Departments and Courses offered
UPES has a total of 8 schools which offer a range of different undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral programs. These schools are the School of Engineering, School of Computer Science, School of Design, School of Business, School of Law, School of Health Sciences, School of Smart Agriculture and the School of Modern Media. Out of these, the School of Smart Agriculture is an upcoming school which will be offering courses from the year 2021. Here are some of the major popular UPES degree courses available across various specialisations:
- BA (Digital and Mass Media and Journalism and Mass Communication)
- Nationality: The UPES 2022 Application Form is now available for both foreign and Indian candidates.
- Candidates who will be taking their final academic exams in 2022 can also apply for UPES 2022 Admission.
Let’s take a look at the essential criteria that you need to fulfil for admissions in 2022:
- Candidates must have completed their 10+2 Intermediate or equivalent examination from a recognised board.
- Marks: Candidates must have received 50% aggregate in their qualifying exams and 50% in PCM courses in higher secondary school.
- JEE Main: Candidates must have obtained at least 50% marks at the upper and senior secondary levels (10th and 12th) and a minimum of 50% marks in PCM at the senior secondary level (12th class).
BTech LLB (Hons)
The UPES BTech LLB (Hons) admission 2022 in the exam pathway will be through the UPES Engineering Aptitude Test (UPESEAT) followed by centralized counselling on the basis of UPESEAT Merit rank. The Non-exam pathway for the same will be held:
- Through centralized counselling on the basis of UPES Board Merit rank
- Through centralized counselling on the basis of UPES JEE Main Merit rank
- CLAT Merit/L-SAT India Merit – Through UPES CLAT / LSAT Merit Ranking
B.Des and M.Des
For UPES admissions 2022 for the B.Des or M.Des programs through the exam pathway, the minimum requirement is at least 50% marks at the secondary and higher secondary level. Additionally, to be eligible to apply for admission to M.Des, you need to have a B.Des/ BTech /BE/BArch/BFA degree of 4 years duration with a minimum of 50% marks. The non-exam pathway for applying to these courses include:
- Board Merit pathway – Minimum 60% marks in 10th and 12th (in any stream)
- UCEED pathway – Minimum 50% marks in 10th and 12th with a valid JEE Mains/UCEED score
LLB and LLM
For admission to LLB through the exam pathway, you would need to have at least 50% marks at the secondary and higher secondary level. For the non-exam pathway, the criteria include the following:
- CLAT Merit/L-SAT India Merit – candidates need to secure CLAT AIR within 15000 or an LSAT India Percentile of 60 or above in addition to 50% marks n their 10th and 12th boards
- Board Merit Pathway – at least 80% marks at both secondary (10th) and higher secondary(12th) level
For LLM degree, the minimum eligibility criterion is at least 50% marks at the secondary and higher secondary level along with an LLB or equivalent degree with 50% marks in aggregate.
BA and MA (Modern Media)
The eligibility criteria for admission to the BA program in the School of Modern Media for UPES admissions 2022 is at least 50% marks at the secondary and higher secondary level. For admission to the MA program, you will also need to have an undergraduate degree in any stream with at least 50% of marks in addition to the above.
BSc and MSc
The eligibility criteria for BSC courses include at least 50% marks at the secondary and higher secondary level, along with Physics/Chemistry/Biology/BioTechnology and English as major subjects. For MSc courses, you also need to have at least 50% marks at the undergraduate level in a relevant field.
For BPharm/DPharm courses, the eligibility criteria include at least 50% marks at the secondary and higher secondary level, along with Physics, Chemistry and English as major subjects of study.
BBA and MBA
For BBA programs, the minimum criterion for admission is at least 50% marks at the secondary and higher secondary level along with a mandatory group discussion and interview. Additionally, candidates need to fulfil some other program-specific criteria as well.
For MBA programs, the minimum criterion for admission is at least 50% marks at the secondary, higher secondary and graduation levels. The exam pathway of admissions is through the UPES Management Entrance Test (UPESMET), while for the non-exam pathway, the accepted criteria include:
- A MAT /CMAT 2019 score of 75 Percentile; or
- A Valid 70 percentile or above score of CAT 2019 or XAT 2020; or
- A minimum score of 550 or above for GMAT; or
- A score of 140 and above in NMAT 2019/20
In addition to the above criteria, all the courses for UPES admissions 2022 also have age criteria for applicants. Candidates who are born on or after 1st October 1998 are only eligible to apply for the courses for the current year.
UPES Admission 2022 Result
The UPES University will publish the results of each exam participant separately via internet means. Candidates will only be allowed to get their results via the UPES University website.
The results for each examination, namely UPESEAT, UPESMET, UPESDAT, and UL-SAT, will be issued separately. The authorities will produce a university-level merit list based on candidates’ performance in university and national level entrance examinations.
Financial Assistance and Scholarships
UPES also offers many scholarships and financial assistance to its students to aid in their study. These include both full and partial fee waivers and research fellowships. Let’s take a look at some of the scholarships offered by the institution:
- Merit-Based Scholarships: Meritorious students enrolled in some specific programs of the university can avail partial/full tuition fee waivers.
- Scholarships for Girl students: All girl students admitted to any undergraduate or postgraduate course in the university will be eligible for a 25% waiver on their tuition fees.
- Concession for Uttarakhand Residents: Students who are bonafide residents of Uttarakhand are eligible for 33% concession on their tuition fees on fulfilling the required conditions
In addition to these the university also offers doctoral research fellowships, industry scholarships opportunities for funded research in specific projects.
The most sought after branch is petroleum engineering, which is tough to get into (600 rank), and mechanical, which may be admitted even at rank 4000. So the difficulty in gaining admission is purely determined by the kind of study you choose to pursue at this college.
Candidates who satisfy the qualifying requirements will be admitted. The admission authorities has designated 80% of the seats for UPESEAT admission, while 20% of the seats are reserved for JEE Main or Board merit admission (Direct Admission).
The University of Petroleum & Energy Studies Engineering Aptitude Test is abbreviated as UPESEAT. Every year, the University of Petroleum & Energy Studies (UPES) holds an online test to select qualified applicants for admission to its several BTech programmes.
Hope you found this blog on UPES admission 2022 useful and informative. Confused about which course to choose for your higher education? Reach out to our experts at Leverage Edu who can help you identify the best courses and universities based on your interests and career goals. Sign up for a free session today!