Many students dream of studying abroad, especially in the United States. One of the popular Universities in the US is the University of Florida. It is a public university established in 1853. The university offers higher education to international students from different countries. Being an international candidate in a foreign university, the biggest concern is the cost of studying. So, to lessen the burden of finding the best scholarships at the University of Florida, we have compiled a list of scholarships for you. Stay tuned and read this informative blog post for insights about the University of Florida Scholarships!
This Blog Includes:
Also Read: MBA in USA without GMAT
List of University of Florida Scholarships
The University of Florida is the biggest university in the USA and is known for its affordability for International students. Candidates pursuing undergraduate and graduate courses at the UF need to pay around 35,000 USD – 40,000 USD tuition fee which is comparatively modest as compared to other foreign universities.
Oversees students who do not receive any scholarship or federal student aid can complete the Florida Financial Aid Application to get some financial assistance.
Here are various scholarships offered at the UF:
|Type of Scholarship||Name of the Scholarship||Amount|
|Freshman||Presidential Scholarships||Machen Florida Opportunity ScholarsFor low-income students|
|Out-of-state Tuition Wavier||Alumni Scholarship: up to $8,000 per year for 4 years.Sunshine Scholarship: up to $16,000 per year for 4 years.Gator Nation Scholarship: $20,000 per year for 4 years|
|Admission Honours Scholarships||$2,000|
|Bright Future’s Scholarships||100% of tuition + applicable fees|
|National Merit Scholarship||$500 annually|
|John V. Lombardi Scholarship||Semester stipend for 8 semesters|
|Machen Florida Opportunity Scholars
For low-family-income students
|Currently Enrolled||Third-Party Scholarships||Variable|
|Transfer Scholarships||Florida College Transfer Academic Scholarship FCTAS (2 Scholarships are offered under this category)||$4000|
|Florida College Transfer Scholarship FCTA (10 Scholarships are offered under this category)||$1000 to $2000 for a year|
|International Applicants||The Student Government Fall International Scholarship||$500|
|Knight’s Achievement||Full tuition fee|
|The Boeing Company Scholarship Fund||Varies|
|Military Scholarship||UF Offers three military reserve programs.||–|
Also Read: University of Montreal Scholarships
List of University of Florida Scholarships for International Students
The University of Florida sponsors the education of many international students by providing scholarships. Here are the categories of scholarships offered at the University of Florida under which various scholarships are offered to facilitate student’s higher education:
- UFIC Scholarships
- GILMAN Scholarship
- Bredhal Scholarships
- Sapa Scholarship
- National Scholarships
- Passport to the World Scholarship
- Departmental Scholarships
Mentioned below are some UFIC Scholarships:
- UFIC Semester/Academic Year Scholarship: Scholarship amount is up to $1,000 per semester or $2,000 for a year.
- UFIC Summer Scholarships: Awarded for Summer worth $1,000.
- UFIC Summer Merit Scholarship: Awarded for a summer program on the basis of merit. The basic requirement is to attain a minimum GPA score of 3.5. The scholarship amount is $1,000.
- UF Sponsored Summer Short-term Scholarship: Awarded for a summer program of a duration of 26 days or less than 6 credits. The amount of this scholarship is up to $500.
- Wentworth Honors Scholarships: This is awarded for the UF Honors Program $1,500 for the summer program and $2,000 for the fall/spring semester.
- Herbert Wertheim Engineering Scholarships: Worth 1,000 to students studying in Herbert Wertheim College of Engineering.
- The Sones Scholarship: The basic eligibility to get this scholarship is to obtain a minimum GPA of 2.5. The amount of this scholarship scheme is $5,000 per semester and up to $2,500 for the summer program
- Learning without Borders Study Abroad Scholarship: International student admitted in the summer and a Federal Pell Grant Receiver get this scholarship award worth #3,000.
- David and Becky Sammons Scholarship: Only one student gets this scholarship with a GPA score of 3.5 who is attending a UF-sponsored summer program. The amount of this scholarship is $1,000.
This scholarship is awarded in memory of Daniel Sinclair Bredahl. He was an undergraduate scholar at UF in journalism. Candidates applying for this scholarship must have a minimum GPA of 3.0. Applicant must be an undergraduate student at UF, and studying in Fall, spring, or academic year program.
The major application requirements are to provide a Statement of purpose, a statement of financial need, a statement of community services and extra-curricular activities, and a Letter of Recommendation.
Important Deadlines to apply for this scholarship:
|Spring 2024||12 October 2023|
|Fall 2024 & Academic Year 2025||20 March 2024|
Also Read: Fulbright Scholarship
Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarship
This scholarship is offered by the U.S. Department of State’s Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs to support international students. The application date for this scholarship is November and ends on 4 January 2024, and mid-January to 7 March 2024. The amount of this scholarship is $100 to $5000.
Here is the list of necessary documents for university of Florida scholarships:
- Academic scores: A minimum GPA score of 3.0-3.5 is necessary.
- Statement of Purpose
- Standardized test scores (SAT, ACT, GRE, GMAT score)
- Photo ID/Passport
- Financial Proof
- University acceptance letter
- Letter of Recommendation
- Language proficiency proof (IELTS, or TOEFL exam score)
A1. Yes, the University of Florida offers various scholarships on the basis of grades, standardized test scores, financial need, extracurricular activities, community services, and personal essays.
A2. International students can apply for third-party scholarships or various other international scholarships at UF.
A3. The applicants must have a minimum GPA score of 3.8.
We hope this helped you learn about the Univerity of Florida Scholarships. To discover more scholarships For more information on scholarships to study abroad, visit our scholarships page, and make sure to subscribe to Leverage Edu. Thank you for reading!