The Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) is a very important examination for all international students who want to pursue their education in the United States. This test is conducted to access the candidates’ English language proficiency. Nowadays, most countries are accepting the TOEFL scores. In this blog, we have mentioned a detailed list of the top universities in the USA that accept TOEFL scores and how to improve these scores.
List of TOEFL Accepted Universities in the USA
TOEFL acceptance policies may change over time, so it’s essential to verify the current requirements and policies of each university before applying. The table below mentions the list of TOEFL Accepted Universities in the USA with their specific details:
|University of Southern California||Overall 100 or more|
|Stanford University||Range of 89-100|
|Massachusetts Institute of Technology||Overall 90 or more|
|Princeton University||Overall 108 0r more|
|Georgetown University||Overall 80 or more|
|Carnegie Mellon University||Overall 102 or more|
|Columbia University||100 or more|
|Vanderbilt University||Overall 88 or more|
|Yale University||100 or more|
|University of Virginia||Overall 90 or more|
|University of Chicago||100 or more|
|University of Pennsylvania||100 or more|
|Cornell University||100 or more|
|Brown University||100 or more|
|University of Houston||79 overall|
|Boston University||Overall 79|
|New York University||100 or more|
Also Read: TOEFL Sample Speaking Questions
How to Get a Good TOEFL Score?
Scoring well can be difficult in the TOEFL exam. However, with some tips, candidates can easily score well in the TOEFL exam:
- Know the format of the exam: It is very important to know the exam format of the TOEFL exam. The TOEFL exam consists of four sections such as Writing, Speaking, Listening and Reading.
- Practice regularly: Make sure you practice for the exam regularly. Try mock tests to know your capabilities.
- Keep track of your time: It is very important to keep track of the time of the exam. Record yourself while giving the exam and access which section takes the most time and effort.
- Use Examples and Details: Make sure you use examples in your answers. Providing specific examples can enhance the quality of your responses and demonstrate your language proficiency.
Yes, there are a lot of universities in the USA that are now accepting TOEFL scores. Apart from, IELTS, it has now become one of the most recommended English proficiency tests.
Some of the universities in the USA now accepting TOEFL scores are:
– Harvard University.
– Stanford University.
– Princeton University.
– Michigan State University.
– The University of Alaska.
Yes, getting 75 can be very difficult. A TOEFL score of 75 marks demonstrates the candidate’s good English language proficiency skills.
English language certifications are instrumental in securing admission to leading universities. Many of them require that you score the pre-defined marks so that you can be eligible to apply. In any case, a high score increases your chances of admission. Build a plan with Leverage Edu‘s Leverage Live classes and our top trainers and strengthen your English score as well as your application so that you can secure your spot in your dream college.