The University of Auckland is providing scholarships to international students under the Asian Development Bank- Japan Scholarship Programme (JSP). Students interested in the scholarship can apply for courses such as: Masters of Public Health, M.A Development Studies, MS in Environmental Science, and Masters Programme in Engineering.
The ADB- Japan Scholarship programme (JSP) is a scholarship offered to international students from the ADB member countries. A total of 135 graduate scholarships are available to international students.The aim of the scholarship is to assist international students to complete their postgraduate studies abroad.
However, the scholarship applicant has to undertake any of the following courses at participating academic institutions in the Asia- Pacific region.The University of Auckland is one such participating institution. The last date for the scholarship application is 21st July, 2023.
ADB- Japan Scholarship programme : Eligibility Requirements
The following are the eligibility requirement for the ADB- Japan Scholarship Programme:
- The applicant must be a citizen of an ADB borrowing member country. For example, India, Indonesia, Sri Lanka, Georgia, Maldives, among others.
- Must have received an offer letter from the University of Auckland, or any other approved academic institution
- Must have completed his/her bachelor’s degree with excellent academic record
- Additionally, the applicant must possess a minimum of 2 years of work experience. The work experience gained has to be after the completion of the degree.
- Should be under 35 years of age. For exceptional cases, the maximum age limit is 45 years
- Moreover, the student must be proficient in English, and must be willing to return to the home country after the completion of postgraduate studies.
ADB- Japan Scholarship programme : Benefits
The ADB- Japan Scholarship programme beneficiaries would receive the following benefits:
- The scholarship would cover the full tuition fees of the beneficiary
- Additionally, the travel expenses and the medical expenses would be covered
- Moreover, monthly subsistence allowance including accommodation would be provided
- Books and instructional material expenses would be covered
- Additionally, a special grant would be provided for the scholars engaged in research.
- Under special circumstance, expenses of courses such as computer literacy, preparatory language, etc will be covered
Hence, to study at the University of Auckland with a scholarship students can apply for the ADB-JSP scholarship. For this, students have to complete the ADB-JSP application form, and submit the same along with the offer letter by post to the University.