The Australian population is ageing with slow population growth over the past 2 decades. The scenario makes Australia dependent on overseas migrants. In Education, Public Health and Hospitality sectors the country will face a shortage of over half a million skilled and unskilled labour. This provides a golden opportunity for those who are aspiring to study in Australia. Let’s look at some of the best scholarships to finance education with the top 5 scholarships for Indian students to study in Australia.
This Blog Includes:
- Student Life in Australia
- List of Scholarships for Indian Students to Study in Australia
- Australian Awards Scholarship
- Sydney Scholars India Equity Scholarships
- Monash International Leadership Scholarship
- Deakins Vice-Chancellors International Scholarship
- John Allwright Fellowship
- Australia: The New International Destination for Indians
Student Life in Australia
Countries prefer to incorporate skilled professionals from overseas who are trained in their own education system. After the restrictions of Covid were lifted the policies for foreign students in Australia got such that there is an expected influx of 2.35 Lakh immigrants in 2022-2023.
The popular intakes in Australia are in February and July. Most of the students get enrolled during this session and it is easier to settle together. The International Student Support Unit ensures the student experience is worthwhile and helps them in finding accommodations, working and addressing their grievances.
Also Read: Australian Education System – Study Abroad in Australia
List of Scholarships for Indian Students to Study in Australia
There are many partly or fully funded scholarships for Indian Students in Australia. These scholarships are provided by the universities for a variable time duration. A lot of students are living their dream experiences in Australian Universities because education made cheap. Below mentioned is the list of scholarships for Indian Students to study in Australia.
|Australian Awards Scholarship||UG and PG|
|Sydney Scholars India Equity Scholarships||PG|
|Monash International Leadership Scholarship||UG and PG|
|Deakins Vice-Chancellors International Scholarship||UG and PG|
|John Allwright Fellowship||PG|
Australian Awards Scholarship
This scholarship is open to all International Students for their meritorious performance in the qualifying examination. The program is introduced, sponsored and promoted by the Government of Australia.
The benefits of the Scholarship program are given throughout the study period of the student. In certain cases, the scholarship exceeds the period of study as well.
01 May 2023
- The CGPA should be a minimum of 7.5.
- The candidate must belong to the given list of Countries.
- IELTS Minimum Score 6.5
- Full tuition fee
- Return Airfare
- Cost of Living & Miscellaneous Expenses
- Overseas Students Health Care
Sydney Scholars India Equity Scholarships
The Sydney Scholars India Equity Scholarships are offered by the University of Sydney based on the guidelines of Asha Community Health and Development Society (ASHA). There are no applications required to apply for the scholarship.
The Meritorious students from relevant areas are screened and selected by ASHA to attain the benefits of these study abroad scholarships.
- The student must be from the areas of Delhi where the ASHA Foundation Works.
- The student must be going for a postgraduate degree course which they are yet to pursue.
- The scholarship is granted based on the Financial need and Merit of the student.
- Full tuition fees of $45,000 (INR 37.24 Lakh) per year.
- Basic Cost of Living of $12,000 (INR 9.93 Lakh) per year.
- Return Airfare and Stationary $3,000 (INR 2.48 Lakh).
- On-campus accommodation
- Overseas Health Cover.
Must read: Cheapest Universities in Australia 2023
Monash International Leadership Scholarship
All students who are enrolled in the Monash International University for Undergraduate or Postgraduate programs are eligible for this scholarship. All nationalities are welcome to apply including Indian Students.
Every year four of these scholarships are awarded to students based on merit and their Application Statement which comprises their intent and ability to become an ambassador of Monash University.
There are six rounds of Scholarship awarding,
- Round 1: 15 October
- Round 2: 15 November
- Round 3: 15 January
- Round 4: 15 March
- Round 5: 15 April
- Round 6: 15 June
- Received an offer letter from Monash University for a full-time UG or PG course.
- Must not have completed schooling in Australia.
- Students enrolled under Bachelor of Medical Science, Master of Business Administration and Doctor of Medicine are not eligible.
- Complete tuition fees grant until minimum credits are achieved.
- Invitation to join a leadership program for first-year students called the Monash Minds.
- Be a part of Monash’s marketing, recruiting and promotional activities.
Deakins Vice-Chancellors International Scholarship
The Deakins Vice-Chancellors Scholarships are offered by the Deakins Univerity to meritorious international students. The meritorious 100% scholarship is offered specifically to Indian Students. Students in Undergraduate or Postgraduate courses can apply for the Scholarship program.
One month before the commencement of classes.
- Received an admission letter from Deakins University.
- Must be enrolled in a full-time degree from the university.
- Has achieved at least 85% or equivalent marks in Qualifying Examination.
- 50%-100% of the tuition fee.
- Automatic participation in Vice-Chancellor’s Professional Excellence Program (VCPEP).
- Preferred while offering campus accommodations (at own costs).
John Allwright Fellowship
This scholarship is funded by the Australian Centre for International Agricultural Research or ACIAR. It is introduced to promote agricultural research by helping scientists from partnering countries in pursuing Master’s and PhD degrees.
31 July every year
- Citizen of ACIAR Partner countries.
- Must be working as a scientist or economist on ACIAR approved project.
- Should have approval from the home institution and the employing body.
- Complete tuition fees.
- Airfare allowance and health insurance.
- Establishment Allowance granted once.
Also Read: Highest Paying Jobs in Australia
Australia: The New International Destination for Indians
Indian immigrants in Australia as per the last census report were 7.8 million which accounts for 3.1% of Australia’s Population. Studying in Australia is therefore a mutually beneficial structure for the student and the country.
Indian students from every background will find it comfortable to live in Australia due to the familiarity it provides in a foreign environment. One can often hear people talking in Hindi, Gujarati, Bengali, Punjabi, Malayalam, Urdu and Tamil. A lot of Hindus and Sikhs are a part of the Australian Population.
Cost of Studying in Australia
The cost of Studying in Australia majorly covers 2 sections: The Tuition fees and the Living Expenses. Australia is considered to be an expensive study-abroad destination but the costs are balanced by the low tuition fees and waivers offered by the universities and the government.
The various costs per year of studying in Australia are as follows. The candidates should note the costs mentioned are average and can be subject to the kind of accommodation and location etc.
- Tuition Fees – 4,000 AUD – 50,000 AUD per year (INR 2.26 Lakh – 28.26 Lakh)
- Accommodation costs – 4,320 AUD – 44,160 AUD per year. (INR 2.44 Lakh – 25 Lakh)
- Other Expenses (Travel, Groceries, Miscellaneous) – 20,160 AUD per year. (INR 11.4 Lakh)
The Australian Capital city offers some world-class universities like the Australian National University, the University of Canberra, the Canberra Institute of Technology, Charles Stuart University, and the Australian Catholic University.
Australia has already lifted its Covid restrictions for international students. From the 15th of December 2021 fully vaccinated students from all over the world are welcome to study in Australia.
There are many reasons like cheap tuition fees, a cleaner environment, a safe neighbourhood, a multicultural population and better job prospects are the main reasons to study in Australia.
If you are planning to study abroad in the upcoming intakes get in touch with our study abroad experts at 1800-57-2000. And stay tuned to our scholarships page for more information related to various scholarship schemes to study abroad.