Hey there kiddos! It’s me, Astronaut Alex 👨🚀. And today, we’re preparing to take off to study abroad through the Rajarshi Shahu Maharaj Scholarship. So if you are a student belonging to SC or a minority category in Maharashtra, hop aboard and let’s discover more about this fantastic opportunity!
The Rajarshi Shahu Maharaj Scholarship is a scholarship provided by the Government of Maharashtra for the state’s students. It’s given to students from Scheduled Castes and Neo-Buddhists by the Maharashtra Government’s Department of Social Justice and Special Assistance. Students in Class 12 or who have recently completed their Board examinations are eligible for the scholarship. In this blog, we will discuss information about Maharaj Rajarshi Shahu scholarships including eligibility, online application process, awards and benefits etc.
|Scholarship||Rajarshi Shahu Maharaj Scholarship|
|Administered by||Department of Social Justice and Special Assistance, Government of Maharashtra|
|Scholarship Award||Up to 100% tuition fees and exam fees|
This Blog Includes:
Also Read: Study Abroad Scholarships for PG Programs
📌Eligibility Criteria for Rajarshi Shahu Maharaj Scholarship
Students have to check the eligibility and terms and conditions of the Rajarshi Shahu Maharaj scholarship before applying to see if they can avail its benefits. The eligibility criteria are discussed in detail below:
- Students from Scheduled Caste or Neo-Buddhist category must be a resident of Maharashtra.
- The annual income of the applicant’s family should not be more than 6 lakhs.
- The age limit is 35 years for PG courses and 40 years for PhD.
- Students who are already studying in the first, second or third year in a foreign institution can also apply for the scholarship. Second and third-year students will not receive a scholarship for the complete period.
- Students should have been admitted to a university with a World University Rank within 300.
- Students who have earlier availed the benefit of this scholarship for their postgraduate courses abroad can also apply again for PhD courses.
- Only the first two children of a family are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
- Students in part-time, correspondence or distance courses are not eligible to apply.
- For candidates interested in pursuing medical courses, the foreign university should be approved by the Indian Council of Life Sciences.
💻How to Apply for the Rajarshi Shahu Maharaj Scholarship?
Candidates interested in availing the benefits of Rajarshi Shahu Maharaj scholarship can apply for the scheme by following the steps given below:
- Interested candidates need to visit the official website and click on the login page.
- After that, candidates should sign up by clicking New Applicant Registration
- Fill out the registration form on the screen.
- Verify Email ID and phone number.
- Complete the Aadhar authentication process.
- The registration process is complete, and candidates can log in using their newly created username and password.
- Candidates should now fill out the form, submit the required documents and complete the process by clicking ‘Submit’.
- Keep a printout of the completed form for your records.
The registration process for the Rajarshi Shahu Maharaj Scholarship will only be completed once candidates also provide the necessary documents with the form. Students must submit the following mandatory documents with the application form:
- Caste certificate and Caste Validity Certificate issued by the concerned authority.
- Proof of Income issued by the concerned authority.
- Proof of passing post-graduation degree.
- Unconditional offer letter from the institution with less than 300 QS world ranking.
- Copy of the Prospectus of the University.
- Required agreements and guarantees.
- Letter of Recommendation from two Gazetted officers.
- Estimated year-wise expenditure for the entire course.
- Completed application form.
💸Benefits of the Scholarship
These are the benefits of the Rajarshi Shahu Maharaj Scholarship for foreign education:
- Upto 100% of tuition fees and exam fees are covered under this scholarship.
- Candidates pursuing professional courses in government-aided and non-government-aided colleges with an annual income of less than INR 2.5 lakhs will receive 100% tuition fee coverage.
- The candidates who are applying for the professional courses in partially aided/ unaided and permanently unaided colleges with an annual income of less than INR 2 Lakhs 50 Thousand will receive 50% tuition fee coverage.
- The candidates who are applying for professional courses in government-aided and non-government-aided colleges with annual income between INR 2 Lakhs 50 Thousand and INR 8 Lakhs will receive 50% tuition fee coverage.
- Candidates pursuing non-professional courses in government-aided/ Non-government aided/Partially aided/ Unaided/ Permanent Unaided college/ institution with an annual income limit under INR 8 lakhs gets 100% tuition fee coverage.
- An education expenditure allowance of INR 5000 each will also be granted to eligible candidates.
- Books and stationary allowance of INR 5000.
Astronaut Alex 👨🚀 – “And that’s it for this Maharashtra Government scholarship! I hope that you got all the information you needed. But if you still have any questions for me, do check out the FAQs or radio ahead in the comment section below. Over and out!”
Yes, the Rajarshi Shahu Maharaj Scholarship is only for students belonging to the Schedule Caste or Neo-Buddhist category.
To be eligible for this scholarship, the applicant must have/be:
1. An Indian citizenship and be a resident of Maharashtra
2. From SC/Neo-Buddhist category.
3. An annual family income of less than INR 6 lakhs.
4. Secured admission from a foreign university ranked within the top 300 universities of the world.
5. Pursuing a Masters/PhD in any stream.
6. Must be no more than 35 years of age (for Masters) and 40 years of age (for PhD).
7. Enrolled in a full-time course.
Yes, you can apply for the Maharashtra Government Scholarship for study abroad as the age limit is 35 years of age.
We hope that this blog provided you with a complete overview of the Rajarshi Shahu Maharaj Scholarship. For more such updates, keep an eye on Leverage Edu Indian scholarships, and don’t forget to follow us on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Twitter. Thank you for reading!