Overseas students have immense opportunities to pursue a career in the field of Radiography and Imaging in Oceania, owing to the presence of multiple Radiology courses Australia. They can apply for undergraduate and postgraduate level courses at some of the best universities in Australia. These institutions use futuristic technologies and employ trailblazing teaching methods to impart exemplary education in this field of Science and Technology. After pursuing a degree from any of the top universities of the world present in Australia, graduates can venture into the ultra-modern healthcare industry and nuclear sector of the island nation.
To help you realize the benefits of studying Radiography in Australia, we have tried to cover all facets in this blog. Keep reading to know more!!
This Blog Includes:
- Why Study Radiology in Australia?
- Radiology Courses Australia
- Admission Process
- Scholarships to Study Radiology in Australia
- Career Scope
Why Study Radiology in Australia?
Australia is home to some of the top-ranked universities in the world owing to impeccable technology-oriented teaching approach and exceptional faculty at public and private varsities. Furthermore, the multicultural environment and career opportunities in the country make it an ideal study-abroad destination.
Here are some reasons to consider studying radiology courses Australia:
- It is home to several world-renowned universities and medical institutions that offer high-quality radiology programs. These institutions maintain rigorous academic standards and are globally recognized.
- Moreover, Australian universities invest heavily in state-of-the-art medical imaging equipment and technology. This provides students with hands-on experience and exposure to the latest advancements in radiology.
- In addition, Radiology programs in Australia are accredited and recognized internationally. Graduates from Australian institutions are well-regarded in the global medical community, opening doors for employment opportunities worldwide.
- Furthermore, Australia’s healthcare system offers a diverse range of clinical experiences. Students have the opportunity to work with a wide variety of patients and gain exposure to various medical conditions and imaging techniques.
- Also, Australian institutions are known for their strong research programs in healthcare and medical sciences. Students have the chance to participate in cutting-edge research projects and contribute to the advancement of radiology.
- Besides, graduates from Australian radiology programs have good prospects for finding employment in Australia. The country has a demand for skilled healthcare professionals, including radiologists.
- Finally, studying in Australia allows students to build a professional network with peers, faculty, and healthcare professionals. This network can be invaluable for future collaborations, job opportunities, and professional development.
Radiology Courses Australia
The Oceania nation has numerous opportunities for radiology students owing to the availability of multiple courses at esteemed Australian universities. Overseas students can opt for undergraduate, graduate, or postgraduate radiology courses on the continent. Furthermore, they can choose specialization courses in this domain. Thus, students of Class 12, Bachelor courses, Master programs, and MPhil can explore Bachelor, Master, MPhil, and PhD-level radiography courses in Australia, respectively.
Let us now view radiology programs/specializations available in some of the best universities in Australia.
Top Universities for Radiology Courses in Australia
A study in Australia aspirants can research the following subjects and universities to build a career in radiography and imaging in Australia.
|Universities||Courses||QS World University Rankings 2024|
|University of Sydney||Master of Diagnostic Radiography||19|
|University of Sydney||Bachelor of Applied Science in Diagnostic Radiography||19|
|University of Queensland||Master of Magnetic Resonance Technology||43|
|University of Queensland||Graduate Diploma in Magnetic Resonance Technology||43|
|Monash University||Bachelor of Radiography and Medical Imaging (Hons.)||42|
|Monash University||Bachelor of Radiation Sciences||42|
|Charles Sturt University||Bachelor of Medical Radiation Science in Radiation Therapy/Diagnostic Radiography/Nuclear Medicine||801-850|
|Charles Sturt University||Bachelor of Medical Radiation Science (Hons.) in Radiation Therapy/Diagnostic Radiography||801-850|
|University of Newcastle||Bachelor of Medical Radiation Science (Hons.) Nuclear Medicine||110|
|University of Newcastle||MPhil in Medical Radiation Science||110|
|University of Newcastle||PhD in Medical Radiation Science||110|
|Deakin University||Bachelor of Medical Imaging||223|
|RMIT University||PhD (Medical Radiation Science)||140|
|Curtin University||MPhil in Medical Radiation Science||183|
|Curtin University||PhD in Medical Radiation Science||183|
|University of South Australia||Bachelor of Medical Radiation Science- Nuclear Medicine/Medical Imaging||326|
Also Read: Diploma in Radiology: Course Details
The table below displays the fees of Radiology Courses Australia at different universities in the country. The fees are an estimate and as per our best knowledge. However, students must ensure that they consult Leverage Edu experts or university websites to know about the accurate fee structure.
|University of Queensland||Master||AUD 64,488|
|University of Queensland||Graduate Diploma||AUD 42,992|
|Monash University||Bachelor||AUD 1,87,600|
|Charles Sturt University||Bachelor||AUD 1,34,000|
|Charles Sturt University||Bachelor (Hons.)||AUD 1,46,500|
|University of Newcastle||Bachelor (Hons.)||AUD 1,46,500|
|University of Newcastle||MPhil||AUD 79,100|
|University of Newcastle||PhD||AUD 1,58,000|
|Deakin University||Bachelor||AUD 1,58,400|
|Curtin University||MPhil||AUD 76,000|
|Curtin University||PhD||AUD 1,52,000|
|University of South Australia||Bachelor||AUD 1,51,200|
Also Read: MD Radiology in India & Abroad
To enroll in Radiography courses in Australia, overseas students need to meet the admission criteria and furnish mandatory documents. Further, they must check out the deadlines and associated application details for successful admission.
Admission requirements for each university and course differ to some extent. However, the basic criteria for admission are constant. Here are the eligibility criteria for different Radiology Courses Australia:
- For bachelor courses, a candidate must have completed senior secondary-level education (Class 12-level) from a recognized education board and an accredited school/college/academic institution.
- Whereas, for a Master’s in Radiology, a student must hold a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field. This degree must be from a recognized university.
- Further, for an MPhil/PhD in Radiology from Australia, an international student must possess a Master-level degree from an accredited university.
- Irrespective of any program level, overseas students must score the minimum required score in the accepted English Language Proficiency Test– IELTS/PTE/TOEFL.
- Moreover, overseas students should compile all necessary documents to apply for Radiography courses in Australia.
Also Read: MD Radiology
Students who meet the admission criteria can apply for courses of interest through the official websites of select universities. Or, students can easily apply with the help of study abroad experts at Leverage Edu. These experts help abroad studies aspirants in the following steps:
- Course and university selection via AI Course Finder of Leverage Edu
- Document compilation
- English Language Proficiency Test
- Student visa application
- Abroad studies student loan application
- International money transfer to universities
- Accommodation application
Here are the key documents required to apply for Radiology courses Australia:
- Academic transcripts
- Valid Passport
- Student Visa
- Score card of IELTS/PTE/TOEFL/CAE/OET
- Updated Resume/CV
- Statement of Purpose (SOP)
- Letter of Recommendation (LOR)
- Work experience letter, if required
- Portfolio, if required
- Any other document asked by the concerned university
Scholarships to Study Radiology in Australia
Indian students often migrate to Australia to pursue higher education, owing to the availability of numerous scholarships for international students. Australian universities and government offer several scholarships to overseas students to encourage them to build a career in this Oceania country.
|University of Sydney International Scholarship||$37,207 per annum||PhD/MPhil|
|Sydney Scholars Awards||$6,000 for 1 year of the course||Bachelor|
|VC’s International Scholarships Scheme at the University of Sydney||$5,000 to $40,000
|Endeavour Postgraduate Leadership Award||AUD 3,000 per month||Master/PhD|
Radiology offers promising career prospects for students in Australia. There is a steady demand for radiologists and radiologic technologists in Australia. The aging population and advancements in medical technology contribute to this demand. Owing to this, radiologists can specialize in areas like interventional radiology, neuroradiology, musculoskeletal radiology, and more. This allows for further specialization and career growth.
Radiology professionals can find opportunities in various healthcare settings, including hospitals, clinics, imaging centers, research institutions, and private practices. Here are the top recruiters for students pursuing Radiology courses Australia:
- The Royal Melbourne Hospital
- I-MED Radiology Network
- NSW Government -Hunter New England Local Health District
- PRP Diagnostic Imaging
- Western Health Australia
- Queensland Health
- Northern Sydney Local Health District
- Alfred Health
- Qscan Group
Job Profiles and Average Annual Salary
Recruiters hire radiology professionals in different roles. Here are some of the common radiology jobs in Australia and the estimated value of the annual salary of each profile.
|Job Profiles||Estimate Annual Salary in Australia|
|Radiographer||AUD 86,000 to AUD 1,30,000|
|Radiation Therapist||AUD 1,30,000 to AUD 1,37,000|
|Nuclear Medicine Technologist||AUD 85,000 to AUD 1,05,000|
|Radiologist||AUD 4,25,000 to AUD 4,45,000|
|CT Scan Radiographer||AUD 70,000 to AUD 1,10,000|
|Diagnostic Medical Sonographer||AUD 1.09,000 to AUD 1,43,000|
Also Read: Nuclear Medicine And Its Career Prospects
Ans: The future is different now that other medical technology advancements are on the increase. Many in the industry believe that radiography will eventually move towards molecular imaging and theragnostics, which combines diagnostics and therapies.
Ans: Some of the most popular radiology/radiography courses are:
1. Bachelor of Radiography and Medical Imaging
2. Bachelor of Medical Radiation Science in Radiation Therapy/
3. Bachelor of Medical Radiation Science in Nuclear Therapy
4. MPhil in Medical Radiation Science
5. PhD in Medical Radiation Science
Ans: Monash University, Curtin University, RMIT University, University of Sydney, and the University of Melbourne are some of the top Radiography universities in Australia.
Stay in tune with Leverage Edu to explore study abroad opportunities and connect with our experts at 1800 572 000 to realise your abroad studies dream.